Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

Yay for therapy dogs!

They are pretty cool. Mom has special power over them, though. They're trained to be mellow, and follow orders from their handlers. They usually sit happily beside the other residents and wait for a scritch, but when one of them sees Mom sitting on the sofa, they'll climb up and lay across her, even if the handler says otherwise. If she's up and walking, they'll follow her to the sofa, wait 'till she sits, then climb on her. They weigh almost as much as she does, so once they're settled, she's not going anywhere.

She'll then make a fuss about being trapped (while scritching them), and they just eat it up. The entire dance has become routine and that's why I was told to look under the therapy dogs to find her.

Thank goodness for life's little pleasures.

• Like 4

Got to love it when you log on to four consecutive furious long IMs from someone who is telling you to REMOVE YOUR HOUSE FROM 20M BECAUSE IT'S RUINING MY HOME YOU SHOULD HAVE MORE RESPECT I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR LONGER THAN YOU (she hasn't) AND YOU'RE THE WORST IN SECOND LIFE... when you don't have anything rezzed at 20m. And you realise the silly bint doesn't live anywhere near you, and that she has examined a house that you created and sold to someone else, and that someone else is the person who should've been getting those IMs.

I hope she enjoys sitting on that new hole... ¬¬

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

On 3/29/2019 at 5:49 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

She'll then make a fuss about being trapped (while scritching them), and they just eat it up. The entire dance has become routine and that's why I was told to look under the therapy dogs to find her.

Thank goodness for life's little pleasures.

Pics please.

So I moved to a new sim, residential with 8 plots. In general there's maybe 6 people on that sim at any time, including myself.

I have this neighbor. Never met or talked with him, but he has been annoying the crap out of me. He send automatic "script detection hud's" to everyone entering the sim with certain script threshold (not just his parcel) and also has send IM requests to my guests I took to my home, if they would remove all their scripts from their avi because they are lagging the sim. Even hovered around me and my gf during some naughty play, to check on her hud's and send her a request to remove some of them.

Now I would not mind if he sends me a message in private at one point "Hi, I'm your neighbor, welcome to the sim and would you please mind your scripts", even though I would probably tell them not be nitpicking so much. I mean, its an entire sim, with 6 avies. And not to mention, of those 6 avies, 5 are on his plot full time in some skyboxed home. But how much problems could he possibly experience from one guest, that never stays longer than maybe an hour or two with some scripted parts on an entire sim with just 6 avies.

I have just muted him to stop the HUD spam, and I know I should probably have talked with him about it, but knowing myself I have to little patience to warrant a friendly outcome.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

So I moved to a new sim, residential with 8 plots. In general there's maybe 6 people on that sim at any time, including myself.

I have this neighbor. Never met or talked with him, but he has been annoying the crap out of me. He send automatic "script detection hud's" to everyone entering the sim with certain script threshold (not just his parcel) and also has send IM requests to my guests I took to my home, if they would remove all their scripts from their avi because they are lagging the sim. Even hovered around me and my gf during some naughty play, to check on her hud's and send her a request to remove some of them.

Now I would not mind if he sends me a message in private at one point "Hi, I'm your neighbor, welcome to the sim and would you please mind your scripts", even though I would probably tell them not be nitpicking so much. I mean, its an entire sim, with 6 avies. And not to mention, of those 6 avies, 5 are on his plot full time in some skyboxed home. But how much problems could he possibly experience from one guest, that never stays longer than maybe an hour or two with some scripted parts on an entire sim with just 6 avies.

I have just muted him to stop the HUD spam, and I know I should probably have talked with him about it, but knowing myself I have to little patience to warrant a friendly outcome.

Just AR him and the creator of the automated SPAM device ...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Just AR him and the creator of the automated SPAM device ...

Well, I do think I should give someone a message before going to AR. Maybe I will if he bugs my guests more often. For now ignoring him to keep the peace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

This is me in photo mode:

[03:48] Script & Memory Use Scale Counter: Total Scripts: 240
Total Memory: 7911k

Let me know if you want me to afk there while I'm at work. 

Edited by AyelaNewLife
I did typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Hi kids ... just a note (and I promise to make a full-fledged return to posting here because I don't want to come off like a nincompoop who only shows up to spam the forum) that I'm holding a music/dance thing on Friday, April 12, at the Cartel Hangout.

Deets: April 12th. TWO sessions: one at Noon SL time (8 pm London) and one at 6 pm SL (9 pm New York City). Come to both! No one is checking passports.

Theme: It's "The TV Set," two hours of music and mayhem revolving around the wonder/horror that is television.

Requirements: bring your avatar, that'd be super helpful.

• Like 7

I stopped at McDonalds with Mom after a medical appointment today and witnessed an exchange between two women who were getting soda at the dispensing machine...

W1, while filling a cup with ice: Do you want ice?
W2: No
W1 empties the ice into the drain.
W2: A little.
W1 immediately begins refilling the cup: How's this?
W2: That's too much
W1 empties the cup again and starts over: This?
W2: a little more.
W1: empties the cup and starts over: This?
W2: Still more.
W1: empties the cup and starts over: Is this enough?
W2: That's good!

The human mind is a fascinating thing.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 4/9/2019 at 11:28 AM, Ghosty Kips said:

Hi kids ... just a note (and I promise to make a full-fledged return to posting here because I don't want to come off like a nincompoop who only shows up to spam the forum) that I'm holding a music/dance thing on Friday, April 12, at the Cartel Hangout.

Deets: April 12th. TWO sessions: one at Noon SL time (8 pm London) and one at 6 pm SL (9 pm New York City). Come to both! No one is checking passports.

Theme: It's "The TV Set," two hours of music and mayhem revolving around the wonder/horror that is television.

Requirements: bring your avatar, that'd be super helpful.

Push notice!

Ghosty is spinning at the Hangout now for those in time zones other than the US.

He'll be there again later for us USA peeps! 6pm SLT😉

Hope to see some of you later - I'm at work right now, listening in though!

• Thanks 1

The Newell Sisters are not back in town until Sunday at the earliest. Then we have to unpack and deal with all the usual post vacation fall out......🙄

So maybe we'll get back in world later Sunday. We have shopping plans....

:)