Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

41 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Sometimes a simple 'yes' ain't enough when you're noting which demos you want to buy the full versions of xD

Oh yeah, you mentioned some event in some thread and I told myself to keep an eye on it (for Neph mainly), but then I forgot what it was, and finding where in which thread that was-- Where was that? lol

17 minutes ago, Orwar said:

She's already done that twice so far. This year. Groans.

To be fair, even though the event is HUGE, a lot of the stuff there is... well, more pretty and feminine and less dark (which is what both Neph and Skell/Syd prefer). I've only got about 16 things on my purchased/to be purchased list, so that's at least something? :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

To be fair, even though the event is HUGE, a lot of the stuff there is... well, more pretty and feminine and less dark (which is what both Neph and Skell/Syd prefer). I've only got about 16 things on my purchased/to be purchased list, so that's at least something? :ph34r:

Oh dear, it's one of these sort of events. If I'm never heard from again, I'll have gone lost somewhere in here!

Spotted an AMAZING male avatar at Gloss. Heels, the works. Sent him an IM complimenting him on his incredible look...

... got one word back.

"Thanks."

¬¬

Subsequently added something to one of my profile picks: And dude: if I send you an IM telling you that you look amazing, that's a f*****g HUGE compliment. I don't dish those out lightly. I'm a jaded old b!tch in SL and it takes a lot for someone's fashion choices to really catch my eye.

Hmf.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Spotted an AMAZING male avatar at Gloss. Heels, the works. Sent him an IM complimenting him on his incredible look...

... got one word back.

"Thanks."

¬¬

Subsequently added something to one of my profile picks: And dude: if I send you an IM telling you that you look amazing, that's a f*****g HUGE compliment. I don't dish those out lightly. I'm a jaded old b!tch in SL and it takes a lot for someone's fashion choices to really catch my eye.

Hmf.

I guess you’re not his type.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I guess you’re not his type.

It wasn't said in hopes of getting anything out of it, if that's what you're insinuating. I'm very happily partnered in SL and have been for 11 years. It's all over my profile for anyone who bothers to check. Anyone who even so much as hints at trying to hook up with me gets bloody short shrift, because if they can't be arsed to glance at my profile and see that I'm. Not. Interested then they're a waste of my time in telling them to p*** off.

I checked the guy's profile and he's rather full of his own specialness: it's filled with words like "unique" and "imitated". I clearly wasted his time by telling him his sartorial choices looked amazing.

The last time I dished out a compliment to an avatar like that was about four years ago. I really don't give them lightly.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

t wasn't said in hopes of getting anything out of it, if that's what you're insinuating.

Not insinuating, meant the other guy either has no manners, or perhaps he thought you were interested and didn’t want to encourage you. Either way, impolite.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

... got one word back.

"Thanks."

I think I may know which one you spoke of, I saw one that fits the description. I also saw you! But I ran out of Lindens on Neph and figured that'll have to do for now. 

Just saw this sign in a store -- totally floored me.  The store sells clothing and only clothing.  Granted, none of the vendors actually have any demos, so any changing would be simply to change into an outfit that you bought at the store, but still.....

Alias.thumb.JPG.7a06403328441a18ae9e78dcbe844cd3.JPG

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just saw this sign in a store -- totally floored me.  The store sells clothing and only clothing.  Granted, none of the vendors actually have any demos, so any changing would be simply to change into an outfit that you bought at the store, but still.....

If they are RL prude about changing, should provide a changing room like RL stores!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

[...]Granted, none of the vendors actually have any demos[...]

well.... that´s meh anyways^^

but what about the rezzing in nudeness we get with meshbodies? HMMM^^

Damn I had my yearly supershopping marathon recently and raided the current events and my wishlist almost completely but that should have me prepared for whatever the year holds behind his back for me ^^

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hmm, sign didn’t say “no nodity”. Just shop nude as protest. “You can’t see my clothes? Must be your viewer.”

"Oh Honey I´m SO sorry I do have these rezzing problems recently... I can see myself just fine though maybe you got those problems too?"

• Like 4

Yep, this really helps me to see what the product looks like on me...

e2b6d32fc2dfee83ea78ce6dc68ed6d6.png

f068b65119cfd6c6d6d8f676f7e3145d.png

Addendum: I ditched that necklace demo, because, well... I couldn't bloody SEE it. But my next shopping session more than made up for it with two unexpected 'male fit' options in things that I'd bought just for Syd. This video shows them both: the amazing coat (which has a male rig which is based on Slink - perfect for me - and a massive texture HUD) and the boots, which I'd only bought for the Maitreya fit, but they also had Gianni and Jake fits (the latter of which worked perfectly on this Slink look).

And yeah, I often dance when I'm demoing. No better way to see how something moves with your avatar's body ;)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/16/2019 at 8:00 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

"If caught changing in or out of store"

First they tell you to go home to change. Then they tell you if you do you'll be banned for changing OUT OF THE STORE. facepalm.gif.9a9a89ae863a5b4b678f8094323210b6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I glanced at the lunch menu for today and was slightly bummed that we're getting broccoli casserole -again-. A few moments ago I thought to myself that maybe I read it wrong, maybe it was broccoli pie! But I just checked it again and nope, it's broccoli casserole. Sighs. Tomorrow it's... Cream cheese baked fish. I have a pizza in the freezer, not sure if I'll have that today or tomorrow. At least on Thursday we're getting raggmunk, and on Friday we get schnitzel. 

Bildresultat för Lovett pie meme

• Sad 1