Jump to content
Maureen Boccaccio

Just Ignore and let this one die

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Switching topics. At the top of this page, I posted a picture of a paint can opener and a little story about my friend's ex-hubby, an alcoholic house painter. I told that story to two other friends, who both relayed personal experience with drunken painters. I think I may have stumbled on yet more proof that free will is an illusion. Here are images of paint can openers I have somewhere around the house. All of them contain bottle openers.

image.png.78a2deccd076cfd54d4c6d05f936c9f0.pngimage.png.28a4b6a7b5b8761a0af92a5ee7fc22a8.pngimage.png.3d54472c0e8d09b693ab8cceb2fc155d.png

I'm sure if I searched long enough, I'd find a 5-gallon bucket opener with a built in bung plug wrench. Those poor house painters don't stand a chance.

Explains “paint the town red”.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh, hey -- people are alive in here! 

In my late teens, I had a paint-can opener in my room as a hidden-in-plain-sight beer bottle opener. I wondered if I could get away with an ah so, but I never got one:

31efEH8-UGL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Edited by Halo Minoptra
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Halo Minoptra said:

In my late teens, I had a paint-can opener in my room as a hidden-in-plain-sight beer bottle opener. I wondered if I could get away with an ah so, but I never got one:

   My father gave me a key ring bottle opener when I was 8. I don't think he had beer in mind, but he figured it's just one of those things that are 'good to have'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Orwar said:

   My father gave me a key ring bottle opener when I was 8. I don't think he had beer in mind, but he figured it's just one of those things that are 'good to have'.

I used to work with a bunch of guys who all made their own beer, and one of them had a bottle opener on his key ring. I saw him use it many times (we had a beer fridge at work), but I never saw the opener itself, because it was so small and because he used it so much that he developed this gesture that would take the opener from his pocket and put it immediately back in, and on trip back to his pocket it would open the bottle. It was one sweep of movement.  If you made an animation for it in SL, no one would want it, because it would just look like a guy quickly pulling his hand from his pocket and putting it back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I basically upended my life and moved to Southern California... for the weather:) Not nearly as warm as St Petersburg, Fl but I'm not complaining. Everyone else...please stay warm...burrr

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 11.59.03 PM.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Halo Minoptra said:

I used to work with a bunch of guys who all made their own beer, and one of them had a bottle opener on his key ring. I saw him use it many times (we had a beer fridge at work), but I never saw the opener itself, because it was so small and because he used it so much that he developed this gesture that would take the opener from his pocket and put it immediately back in, and on trip back to his pocket it would open the bottle. It was one sweep of movement.  If you made an animation for it in SL, no one would want it, because it would just look like a guy quickly pulling his hand from his pocket and putting it back in.

My dad always opens his beer bottles with his wedding ring :) 

When I was a kid I never made that link and thought he magically put his hand on the bottle and opened it. Checked his hands and pocket for hidden openers but could never find them...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning I shared an elevator with a guy who was holding a store-bought apple pie. I almost asked him whether today was someone's birthday, but he had a kind of weird expression on his face like he was embarrassed about the pie, so I didn't say anything.

Of course I had no idea that today is Pi Day. I don't celebrate it; I'm a nonbeliever. But for those of you who are, here is a pie. I don't know what is up with this pie, but it is happening, or has happened at least once:

porgin-pie-finished-tall.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Love Zhaoying I’m in St Pete too. Small world! Did you see the article in the TBT that said we are having record breaking spring break numbers at the beaches already due to the crappy weather up north? Come on down to Florida everyone. 😁

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

@Love Zhaoying I’m in St Pete too. Small world! Did you see the article in the TBT that said we are having record breaking spring break numbers at the beaches already due to the crappy weather up north? Come on down to Florida everyone. 😁

Yep, saw it on Facebook!

Hai!

2C28F257-9208-42C6-8284-5EF9540317F0.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Come on down to Florida everyone. 😁

I don't want to live anywhere I'm not top of the food chain .. also, 'Florida man' craziness!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I don't want to live anywhere I'm not top of the food chain .. also, 'Florida man' craziness!

But ‘Florida man’ provides endless entertainment! I guess you can always read about it from where ever you are, too. 🤪 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I don't want to live anywhere I'm not top of the food chain .. also, 'Florida man' craziness!

   So, bite back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bildresultat för fighting crocodile gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Halo Minoptra said:

This morning I shared an elevator with a guy who was holding a store-bought apple pie. I almost asked him whether today was someone's birthday, but he had a kind of weird expression on his face like he was embarrassed about the pie, so I didn't say anything.

Of course I had no idea that today is Pi Day. I don't celebrate it; I'm a nonbeliever. But for those of you who are, here is a pie. I don't know what is up with this pie, but it is happening, or has happened at least once:

porgin-pie-finished-tall.jpg

Is that a pie version of the “Japanese monkeys in hot springs” picture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

giphy.gif

   I think that might be photoshopped ... 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 7:09 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

My dad always opens his beer bottles with his wedding ring

 

They now make rings that  have built-in bottle openers on the underside

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is that a pie version of the “Japanese monkeys in hot springs” picture?

I think it has something to do with Star Wars. Pangolins I think is the word?  But monkeys work too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

@Love Zhaoying I’m in St Pete too. Small world! Did you see the article in the TBT that said we are having record breaking spring break numbers at the beaches already due to the crappy weather up north? Come on down to Florida everyone. 😁

I was a bit confused, did not see any beaches, or alligators in St. Petersburg while I was there. But I was in Russia, did not know Florida had one too :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I was a bit confused, did not see any beaches, or alligators in St. Petersburg while I was there. But I was in Russia, did not know Florida had one too :)

Are you sure you looked hard enough? 😝

3A2CA361-0108-490C-AEF5-FD830AEB6FEB.png.66778fa0583f4699bad3f03e6b109575.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...