Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm getting peevish.  Maybe I should take a forum break...... at least until this Linden Home stuff settles down.

I was feeling like that yesterday.  I lost track of how many responses I wrote and then deleted right before posting.

23 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I lost track of how many responses I wrote and then deleted right before posting.

See, that's what I miss about Clover not living with us.  I used to write stuff out and then ask her opinion about if I should post it.  At times that was very therapeutic since I could be diplomatic but only she knew what I really wanted to say.  Saved me from eating crow a few times too.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1

Given how passionate I am about helping guys to look good in SL, it was a no-brainer for me to try and help a guy who was asking for male avatar customisation help in the forums a few days ago.

I was about halfway through typing my reply when I realised that he'd already asked a similar question a few months earlier and received a detailed answer from me, to which he had never responded. So - instead of trawling back through hundreds of posts in my own archive to find that thread - I decided it would be far quicker to check his archive for it, since he didn't have many posts at all.

And that was when I found the post elsewhere on the forum where he expressed to a female avatar (on the same day that I'd replied to his original post) his evident dismay that he was having to "talk to gay guys" about his looks (although what kind of conversation he'd thought he was having, when he hadn't even bothered to reply to me before... well, that's anyone's guess) and he asked that female avatar to IM him with some help.

I then returned to the post that I'd been planning to help him with, deleted what I'd already typed, and closed the thread.

*sigh*

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Given how passionate I am about helping guys to look good in SL, it was a no-brainer for me to try and help a guy who was asking for male avatar customisation help in the forums a few days ago.

I was about halfway through typing my reply when I realised that he'd already asked a similar question a few months earlier and received a detailed answer from me, to which he had never responded. So - instead of trawling back through hundreds of posts in my own archive to find that thread - I decided it would be far quicker to check his archive for it, since he didn't have many posts at all.

And that was when I found the post elsewhere on the forum where he expressed to a female avatar (on the same day that I'd replied to his original post) his evident dismay that he was having to "talk to gay guys" about his looks (although what kind of conversation he'd thought he was having, when he hadn't even bothered to reply to me before... well, that's anyone's guess) and he asked that female avatar to IM him with some help.

I then returned to the post that I'd been planning to help him with, deleted what I'd already typed, and closed the thread.

*sigh*

Look at it this way, Skell. It's his loss. He is the one that will be running around SL improperly attired since he chose to ask a woman instead of the one man in SL that could dress him to the nines without spending a small fortune.

More often than not, gay men prove to be much better at this sort of thing than hetero women. Although I do consider myself to be an "exception to the rule". I have my mother to thank for her simple elegance. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, Ghosty Kips said:

Rioko! We're all good here, I think ... you logging on again?

Nah I've been pretty busy offline. Work and kids mostly. I wouldn't even know how to move around in SL these days. I do miss you guys though and think of you all often! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

/rant mode on

Back when applications for performers for SL16B were announced, they specified a WIDE range of dates - over two weeks, if I remember correctly. My wife and I have a vacation already planned, so I chose dates before and after our trip, in the hopes at least one of them would fall within the celebration's timeframe.

No. The confirmed dates for performances are 8 AM June 23 - midnight July 1, SL time. I will be away with my wife the entire time, and while I may be able to log on and enjoy the festivities as a guest, I will be unable to DJ whatsoever.

The staff reached out to me "in the interest of fairness" to pick different dates and times to DJ, and I informed them that, because of this, I am unable to DJ at all.

The birthday celebrations are the one SL community event I give a flying fiddle about. I've DJ'd the past 4 or 5 birthdays in a row and look forward to the event all year; the crowds are always great, I get compliments from both partygoers and staff on my sets, and everyone has a blast.

"In the interest of fairness," they should ask for applications AFTER the dates for the celebration are cemented in place, not before. But that's just one llama's opinion.

I'm going to go play RIFT and pout.

/rant mode off 

• Like 2

Hey there *waves*  Hope all is well with everyone.

In case anyone is looking for something to do tomorrow before the Game of Thrones finale 😀, Bay City is celebrating its 11th anniversary tomorrow!

slurl.com/secondlife/North Channel/117/126/29

The parade is at noon SLT, with music starting at 12:30 pm SLT

Nice press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Marianne McCann
Bay City Alliance
marianne.mccann@gmail.com

BAY CITY TURNS TURNS IT UP TO ELEVEN

Help observe the eleventh anniversary of this unique mainland community

BAY CITY, SL (4 May, 2018) – In May of 2008, the mainland community of Bay City were opened to Second Life® residents. Over the last eleven years, Bay City has grown into one of the most vibrant mainland communities, boasting a long-time community focus. To honor their anniversary, Bay City Residents will be hosting their annual parade and live music event this May.

Participants in the annual parade are asked to gather at noon SLT/PDT on Sunday, the 19th of May, to lineup at the band shell in Bay City – Harwich. The parade will wend its way down Route 66 beginning at 12:30 p.m. SLT/PDT, and will conclude at the Bay City Fairgrounds in the North Channel region.

A live concert will kick off at 1:30 p.m. SLT/PDT at the Fairgrounds with GoSpeed of KONA Stream providing music leading into the event until 1:30 p.m.SLT/PDT , followed by Parker Static from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. SLT/PDT, Melenda Baptiste from 2:30-3:30 p.m. SLT/PDT, and Maximillion Kleen from 3:30-4:30 p.m. SLT/PDT.

All Residents of the Second Life grid are welcomed to participate. Celebration goods, including parade float bases and ideas, are available at the Bay City Community Center, in the Daley Bay region for those who wish to be a part of the parade. Ample viewing areas are provided. The music event is also open to all who desire to attend — not only Residents of Bay City

Bay City is a mainland community, developed by Linden Lab™ and home to the Bay City Alliance. The Bay City Alliance was founded in 2008 to promote the Bay City regions of Second Life® and provide a venue for Bay City Residents and other interested parties to socialize and network. It is now the largest Bay city group, and home to most Residents of Bay City.

For more information, contact: Marianne McCann

image.png.5fed9aa621b85079418be8615c92b8a0.png

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, Ghosty Kips said:

DM me, if I'm about I'll invite you over to the house with E. 😁

I downloaded it and logged in but as I thought had no idea how to move lol. I'll keep it installed though so I can hopefully make it to some future events.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

I downloaded it and logged in but as I thought had no idea how to move lol. I'll keep it installed though so I can hopefully make it to some future events.

Good gravy. :) Yeah, I may have an "event" or two coming up in the near future. I'll post something here if I do.

• Like 1

Clover just left to go visit family over the long holiday.  That means I get to act like I'm single for 3 days :D

/me sits alone at the bar wishing she had someone special to share her day with.

[eta]
That was supposed to be a joke about me not knowing what to do with myself, not a jibe at single people or a call for sympathy. 

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1