Have you ever had a crush on someone else's avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

46 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Marianna was standing at the welcome HUD today just minding her own business trying to find hair and some random dude walked up to her and asked her to go to his place for romance. lol I had no hair, was in pose mode and no shoes, she was a mess!

I guess she was just his type! People have weird tastes. 

2 hours ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I had no hair, was in pose mode and no shoes, she was a mess!

"Behold my naked head and feet!" is kinda hot tbh..

👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

You went all gas no brakes on that one. I did NOT expect that sentence to end that way, LOL.

In fairness to myself, I should note that I didn't actually murder her myself.

• Haha 1

The closest equivalent to me would be loving someone's style and then either reaching out or using a HUD Attachment Scanner to go see if I can make it work for myself. Then again I'm not one do develop crushes in RL either. When I was a teen, when most girls that age could sing the names of every Backstreet Boy, I sat there going "I know it's not lore accurate but I'll be damned if I don't slap on a full compliment of clan tech ER-PPC on my Atlas and Alphastrike immediately into a shutdown".

Edited by ValKalAstra

13 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh, this is SUCH a good point, too.

I always imagine avatars just smell like Drakkar, to be honest. Or Axe. Omg.  😂

I'm a subtle neroli (aka orange blossom).

Not Tom Ford intense, more like one of the more subtle French perfume brands like Diptyque on boulevard St Germain.

And to the OP. Umm, no-ish? I like a realistic avatar but physical beauty is only 1/3 of what makes a person attractive to me.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

There have been some incredibly beautiful female avatars around but I've never had a crush on any of them. Oddly though, more recent female faces don't seem to be as beautiful (in my eyes) as some of the earlier ones. That's a purely superficial point of view, which avatars are, of course. I have no doubt that there are beautiful personalities behind a great many avatars.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 4

I don't recall having a crush on an avatar. I do really appreciate many avatars for being nicely put together. There are avatars that I can't figure out at all on what they are wearing but they look good. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Even though I am much too old to be "crushing," there is one Mole who I think is so hot :)  Not going to name him, in case it causes embarassment.

Probably the same one I think is hot.  🥵

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
19 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Even though I am much too old to be "crushing," there is one Mole who I think is so hot :)  Not going to name him, in case it causes embarassment.

Probably the same one I think is hot.  🥵

Should we form a "fan club" to, you know, fan ourselves and cool off?

• Haha 4

Not a crush, but definitely I greatly admired and always will remember this avatar I met in 2011. They looked magnificent. My avatar on the right is something like 6 feet 7 inches tall, so that gives you some idea of the scale.

Sadly this old photo does not do it justice.

click b 1.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/25/2024 at 8:17 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

Not the user themselves, but....their avatar?

I thought some other female human avatars were pretty (much more than mine), but not to the point I would have a crush on them.

Very rare, but yes, that has happened to me a few times throughout the years. Hard to explain.

Edited by Clem Marques

Person yes, but avatar, no, not once. I sometimes see avatars that I admire... or, rather, I admire the ability of the person who "put that avatar together"... or, rather, still, the abilities of the people who created the avatar's components 🤔.

• Like 1

No, I have never had a crushed on an Avatar, but I have really liked how an avatar looked, for example. Crybunbun Creator has a really cute avatar,

so does Mewsery, so does the creator of Appetite and the creator of Lunar and the creator of Rosier.

I love how they look, how creative they were with it, their fashion are lovely to me and I really like they're not afraid to be different.

Their personality give it much more, Crybunbun is a very nice person, she is cool peoples, same with the rest of them. Rosier creator is extremely nice, she's cute and over-all an amazing person.

On 3/26/2024 at 2:13 AM, ValKalAstra said:

The closest equivalent to me would be loving someone's style and then either reaching out or using a HUD Attachment Scanner to go see if I can make it work for myself. 

I do that all the time. Usually I'll scan them, find out the name of the store and end up buying something (or lot's of somethings) else. 

There was this one female avatar that I really liked her choice in clothes when I first started in SL. I didn't have a lot of clothes at the time so I bought a lot of stuff she wore. I got accused of stalking her and purposely dressing like her. LOL.

I can't really say I've ever had a crush on anyone in SL. I have been fascinated by a few avatars over the years that just really stood out in the room..

I really do still love when that happens, when I see so much trend all around and then one day, someone walks in the room and cuts right through it all with such originality..

I'm kind of glad that doesn't happen too often.. Because it's really nice when it does happen and gives me a boost..

I think the closest I would ever come to having a crush in SL is, just looking forward to chatting with someone. I couldn't say it's ever really gotten deeper than that, that I can remember anyways.. hehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.