Have you ever had a crush on someone else's avatar?

28 minutes ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Not the user themselves, but....their avatar?

I thought some other female human avatars were pretty (much more than mine), but not to the point I would have a crush on them.

Interesting questions, as usual  :)

I'd need more than just a physical representation to develop a crush...in SL or RL...though I can experience various looks on avatars or with people aesthetically pleasing (or not).

Here's some interesting info about crushes:

PSYCHOLOGY OF ATTRACTION & CRUSHES

"Experiencing attraction is a natural part of the human experience and often happens quickly and subconsciously. While feeling “butterflies” around a “secret crush” might seem like a strictly teenage experience, it is common and healthy in adulthood as well. But what is happening in the brain when we experience attraction, why do we develop crushes on certain people and not others, and is there any purpose or benefit to these feelings"?

https://iembracetherapy.com/psychology-of-attraction-and-crushes/

• Like 1

But more seriously - yes, I've had crushes.

But in most cases, the person behind the avatar didn't meet my expectations, needs, or return my advances. So, the "crush" was no different than enjoying a pretty picture in a museum.  Or a dirty magazine.

Not that you asked 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No. Avatars have no personality by themselves.

Same reason I never crush on celebrities or anybody else based solely on physical appearance. My crush on Pedro Pascal has everything to do with him being a super sweet dork (who also happens to be a very cute and adorable dork). Adorkable, as they say.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

never crush on celebrities or anybody else based solely on physical appearance

Well, there's the idea of crushing on someone based on what you think they would be like (the "idea" of them).  I crushed on some rock stars before like that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Well, there's the idea of crushing on someone based on what you think they would be like (the "idea" of them).  I crushed on some rock stars before like that.

I've never done that. I make a huuuge distinction between a crush and just a casual "oh, he's cute," though. 

Many, many times I've "oh, he's cute"-ed a celeb or someone who turned out to be an absolute jerk during an interview or public appearance or something. Ew. No crush fer u!

• Like 1

A crush, no. Felt a lot of attraction to, sure.

Thing is, a 'crush' is something I think of as idolisation of an individual, in a rather juvenile sense - it may cause you to daydream and fantasise about being together. And sure, that happened a lot when I was a child/teenager. But I'm no longer that, and whilst I certainly can appreciate attractive people it's not as if I waste my time dreaming of how wonderful it would be to be with a person just because their avi is enticing. I require more than good looks to be interested, I need a person to have a personality I enjoy, too. 

There are times I spot a nice-looking avi, gloss through the profile and say to myself 'oh, too bad they present themselves to seem to be an absolute b!tch'. And then I move along, and probably have forgotten all about them a few moments later. I'm much more likely to feel attraction to a person whose avatar might not be very attractive, if I find the contents of their profile to be agreeable - to a point, of course; it'd take a hell of a personality for me to 'get feels' for someone who look like they were designed with an etsy-sketch.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Not the user themselves, but....their avatar?

I thought some other female human avatars were pretty (much more than mine), but not to the point I would have a crush on them.

No, can't smell the fragrance of an avatar which for me is an important part of an initial attraction. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Some people say that janky butterfly feeling in your tummy means your energies don't match and your real soul mate will just make you feel calm.

So many though equate the butterflies as must meaning Love when really it is a symptom of low level fear.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

No, can't smell the fragrance of an avatar which for me is an important part of an initial attraction. 

Oh, this is SUCH a good point, too.

I always imagine avatars just smell like Drakkar, to be honest. Or Axe. Omg.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I shudder to think what some of these avatars smell like.  😷

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I've had it in real a few times where someone at a distance was like "Lust at first sight!" and then when I got closer it was "eew" even though it wasn't that they stunk but I guess their pheromones didn't agree with me.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I shudder to think what some of these avatars smell like.  😷

Sometimes my avatar doesn't change clothes for several days 🤢

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Butt!

6 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

Sometimes my avatar doesn't change clothes for several days 🤢

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

..try YEARS!

We all seen them.  Classic avatar, that skin, that hair, that system leather jacket with a rez date from 2008.  Sex groups only, picks from places that haven't been around for 10 years.  You just know that they'd smell funky as heck.  Thank god LL, in their finite wisdom, hasn't figured out smell o vision.

*shudders again*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

We all seen them

Esqueeze me?!?

LOL!

Ok, OTHER people. 

But ennywho, now that (depending on your settings and lighting) your avatar is more likely to look greasy/shiny/sweaty all the time, it's much worse!

Not sure Crush, But I was highly attracted to the visual an avatar projected.

I've also been jealous of how well another avatar put themselves together..

As a person, I tend to stand back and observe and I have seen some of the most well put together avatars handlers be complete bitches (assholes) so ...

Marina was standing at the welcome HUD today just minding her own business trying to find hair and some random dude walked up to her and asked her to go to his place for romance. lol I had no hair, was in pose mode and no shoes, she was a mess!

Edited by SpiritSparrow Skydancer
I spelled my own dang avatars name wrong
  • Haha 2