How does your Senra look?

tako Absent

4 hours ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

I haven't tested the Blake yet, but Jamie absolutely does not respond to all sliders. The ears do almost nothing at all except size, and tip. Under torso muscles the arms can't actually be made to have much muscle at all even when set to 100 (and it does very little for the rest of the torso muscles).

Agreed about the arms on the Jamie body. Even with the body fat and upper-body muscle sliders set all the way to 100, the arms are still too thin in proportion to the rest of the body. I'm hoping that LL address this, since they are calling these bodies "beta," but I suspect that it might be too difficult to change at this late(r) stage. (And frankly, I have the same problem with name-brand mesh bodies like Kupra...)

The other thing I dislike is that, on both the Blake and Jamie bodies, the armpits are cut too high. Again, this is a common problem for name-brand mesh bodies( *COUGH*Maitreya*COUGH*). Once someone points it out to you, you begin to see it everywhere!

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1

The skinny arms is definitey not limited to Senra ; belleza Gen X has the same problem. Anyway, here's my effort with Jamie; on the left with all Senra stuff, on the right I switched out for my own skin, makeup and hair but kept the Jamie body and head. Using the Senra shape 2 with minimal adjustment.

M23_208.thumb.jpg.10c84e75d51ebb2356c57d966bbc131b.jpg

I really don't like the head. The eyebrows are too high even at their lowest. The eyes are weird; even with inner eye corners at zero it still looks like its not low enough (kinda the opposite of Catwa, which is the head my skin is made for, so I just had to add eye makeup to cover that mess).

I love the sporty clothes though. I wish they would fit one of my other bodies.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

The only slider on the Blake body that didn't work for me was the crotch bulge.

I would argue that that is VERY important to some people 😜

Good lord no.  Don't you remember guys dialing that way up then trying to attach an attachment?  That sh!t just looked weird.

5897946444_fd2a172fa4_w.jpg.81f4a1becb62ba3ecbaa7551c5fd1cda.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

Okay, fussing about with Blake today. Honestly, it's a much easier process. His head needs the most work, lol. The lips bug the crap out of me on him and I can't even pinpoint why, they just do. Even the skins for blake right out of the box are better (but for my test I used a male skin I already have, cuz I like it better, lol).

Ok, so, this is the blake body, head, hair 5, a skin I own, an edited shape and my cazimi eyes because I just really like them lol.

Oh and I threw on some boxers I have cuz we gotta protect the forums from rogue ken bumps.

blake1.png.b8785a947e6111e7a4044d98946ccce3.png

And the same with the white tank and light denim shorts form the blake folder

blake3.png.3128c390a9b633cc6b69d7e3198afc1a.png

I'm a handsome devil, well, I will be once I fix the head some more, lmao. 

Right out of the box the shape suffers from a few ailments, including t-rex arms, but that's an easy fix. All sliders except package on the body respond pretty much (and it's weird that doesn't, but maybe it's not a "bone" lmao, poor guy). The ears have the same issue, but I am pretty sure it's the same head, isn't it? If so, that would be why. The lips, like I said, are bugging me, but that's just a me issue. Blake will be MUCH easier for people to adapt to their liking than Jamie is, much, much easier. Jamie gets funky if you play with her too much, Blake only needs a little bit of play and he's happy, well, minus his package, so, not sure how that works, but alright! 

I'm going to fiddle more with the head and make more shapes t see what I can do with this fella.  Oh also I added a bento hand pose because the splayed hands drive me nuts and I don't have an AO that isn't girly and cute. 

Edited by Casidy Silvercloud
  • Like 10

For noob women the Jamie body is plenty adequate don't like the skinny arms though apart from the Lelutka head everything my resident alt is wearing is from the Jamie, Bitsy and Lena library avatars. It had been using Erika Zero previously, shape wise don't think I'll swap it back. 

CResident_001_edited.jpg.c4bbe601b682e5c7b15c8f464a76f9a0.jpg

• Like 11

blamie_003.png.e1bb5327e02e980310a5bd5c18fe72d5.png

Teddy's free Gabriel top clips badly at the back but that's just a Blake problem; the butt hangs out of any trousers you care to try. Dolly's shirt is the 'Chris' one from the library. Heads, skins and hair are all group gifts (Akeruka, Gloom and Dura respectively).

blamie_005.png.49ccdf298edf6912fd8af37445a8f52d.png

I don't think there's any way to make the Jasper skin not undead, but he was the only mature guy I could find in the library, so here we are. Lelutka lines and facial hair (noobs will have to wait till the next giveaway), Dura hairbase, Kauna suit. the Gloom eyes set me back L$50 to join the group but I couldn't be bothered to look for freebies with scelera.🤷‍♀️

Overall they're only slightly worse than the classic meshbodies they were previously wearing, and the clothes are useful for allowing them to dress identically. And I think I have finally figured out how the nails work, but it ain't intuitive.

• Like 8

Senra Jamie in some inexpensive combat gear

Snapshot_011.thumb.jpg.628b5a99485bf1d38ef9d21a30a904b9.jpg

And fighting zombies

Snapshot_024.thumb.jpg.70864b7752e4a43bccfd5cea6cefbedf.jpg

I don't really like the boots that much, I'll have to buy some other ones or perhaps just use what came with Senra.  The outfit is a bit skimpy for fighting zombies, I'll look for something else later on.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

blamie_003.png.e1bb5327e02e980310a5bd5c18fe72d5.png

Teddy's free Gabriel top clips badly at the back but that's just a Blake problem; the butt hangs out of any trousers you care to try. Dolly's shirt is the 'Chris' one from the library. Heads, skins and hair are all group gifts (Akeruka, Gloom and Dura respectively).

blamie_005.png.49ccdf298edf6912fd8af37445a8f52d.png

IOverall they're only slightly worse than the classic meshbodies they were previously wearing, 

That's kind of sad though if the newer version is worse than the previous version.  Is this the only choice a newbie has now?

11 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

That's kind of sad though if the newer version is worse than the previous version.  Is this the only choice a newbie has now?

My understanding is that all the previously available classic/system/non-mesh avatars are still available, but I haven't created a new SL account in a while, so I don't know whether they are an option for new sign-ups, or if they force you to pick a Senra body to start off with. As long as people have a choice, I don't mind.

• Like 2

I've upgraded one of my classic body male alts to the Senra body and head and I really like it. My original shape clearly needed adjusting but I find that a straight-forward process.  However, all the original classic clothing, alphas, eyes, BoM layers etc. were used over the Senra head and body. Nothing else used from the Senra folder besides head and body.

What I'm most happy about is that I don't have to deal with jazz hands any more on many of the furnitures as I did with the classic body, and the feet are far less appalling. So for me it's all good. A definite improvement. I am surprisingly pleased. It's a positive step forward.

As for brand new players to SL I think the old avatars are probably a better starting place as they just generally look better straight away. But for more established players the Senra body and/or head could have positive uses, as they did for me.

Edited by CandyCole
Edited for clarity.
  • Like 3

If Taylor Swift was a Senra. 🤪 But seriously, it took a LOT of frustration and work to get her to this point, with items that a newbie simply wouldn't have access to. If I were a noob, I'd probably have said eff it thirty minutes into trying to get dressed.

Snapshot_010_color_small.jpg

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

...There could potentially be a big market for third-party stuff that works with the Senra bodies, as an interim step to replacing the whole body from head to toe. Give the users a migration path, toss some freebies or cheapies their way (as LeLutka has done so well these past three years!), and you could easily take some market share away from front-runners like the still-ubiquitous Maitreya Lara.

I made my first attachment for the Senra bodies. It's not scripted yet though.

Aug3-SenraBlakeAttachment_001.thumb.jpg.b9fbc362acb9162baf4699e18d14bb44.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Haha 23

1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

My understanding is that all the previously available classic/system/non-mesh avatars are still available, but I haven't created a new SL account in a while, so I don't know whether they are an option for new sign-ups, or if they force you to pick a Senra body to start off with. As long as people have a choice, I don't mind.

Everything that was in the Library is still in the Library. Newbies will start with Senra, but they'll have access to all the other starter avatars for their skins, hair, or whatever else they want to try.

• Like 1

Okay, I have decided to take a first stab at creating a comparison chart for what I think are the six best options for a free or inexpensive (defined as costing L$250 or less) female mesh body (including, of course, the new beta Senra Jamie).

"Best" is obviously subjective; I have deliberately left off those bodies which don't support Bakes on Mesh (e.g. the freebie Altamura bodies) and/or have poor to non-existent designer support (e.g. Ultra Vixen). I'm open to complaints, suggestions, edits, howls of aggrieved outrage at neglecting YOUR favourite body, etc., etc. I'm also thinking of creating similar charts for free/inexpensive male mesh bodies, female mesh heads, and male mesh heads.

You know where to find my blog. I won't put a link here because I'll land up getting banned from the forums (again), but I did want to spark some discussion of the pros and cons of the various free and inexpensive options, especially in the context of the Senra launch.

Thanks! Have at it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Okay, I have decided to take a first stab at creating a comparison chart for what I think are the six best options for a free or inexpensive (defined as costing L$250 or less) female mesh body (including, of course, the new beta Senra Jamie).

"Best" is obviously subjective; I have deliberately left off those bodies which don't support Bakes on Mesh (e.g. the freebie Altamura bodies) and/or have poor to non-existent designer support (e.g. Ultra Vixen). I'm open to complaints, suggestions, edits, howls of aggrieved outrage at neglecting YOUR favourite body, etc., etc. I'm also thinking of creating similar charts for free/inexpensive male mesh bodies, female mesh heads, and male mesh heads.

You know where to find my blog. I won't put a link here because I'll land up getting banned from the forums (again), but I did want to spark some discussion of the pros and cons of the various free and inexpensive options, especially in the context of the Senra launch.

Thanks! Have at it!

You're allowed to have a link to your blog as your forum signature.  Like I have my Flickr link.  That's allowed.  Others have links to their blogs/websites.

Note: It is OK to have a signature line with a link to your Second Life profile or information about your Second Life business.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2