How does your Senra look?

tako Absent

I've just tried the Blake Senra skin and added Blake tattoo eyebrows. I see why there's a problem with other male skins now. The tattoo Blake eyebrows are placed higher up above the eyes and so aren't affected by the way the mesh eyelids stretch when Blake blinks. Tomorrow I'll try and find a male skin without eyebrows and try wearing the Blake eyebrows to see if that fixes the problem. This is going to be a real pain and I don't know if the Lindens would be willing to fix it or not. It looks as though the Lindens created the head for Blake, discovered the eyebrow problem, and solved it by creating skins with no eyebrows. The tattoo eyebrows they then created were deliberately set high above the eyes so they didn't stretch when Blake blinks. This of course is going to limit skins to ones without eyebrows and there are very few male skins without them. 7 Deadly Skins had male skins without eyebrows but not all of them. Then, of course, you're going to need special sets of eyebrows or use Blake's eyebrows. I think I'm going to be using the free Lelutka Evo X heads that I have in my Inventory.

Edited by Dagger Faulkwing
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Skins ! Try a dif skin then battle the lips. BOM skins double click and they're on ! I like mine so much now I could kiss meself.

ps great piccys, Istelathis

You can set "add objects/clothes on double click" as your default for FS. I have it on mine to prevent items getting knocked off. You just have to scroll down to the gear icon on the Inventory floater and enable it.

image.png.cff76e08a249f1ec8c3319f51dcede96.png

image.png.fcef167061726b1e3eac6b8a02018064.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Jamie shape 1 combined with a Pink Fuel skin looks pretty good straight from the box. Newbs under 30 days old can get free skins from there. There's also a BoM finger & toe fix that can be purchased for $L1. I recommend using the Omega layer for best results. Hairbase is from EMBW.

jamieexperiemnt.thumb.jpg.d296bed101f24c79a7e683a1d05e1a6f.jpg

If you need BoM coverage so you don't accidentally flash people, I like the Tribute Manchester tank top and Nytro Retro Dots boxer shorts. The boxers may not line up perfectly, but it does the job.

Just for giggles, I altered the shape into a xxxHolic manga character style.

jamieexperimt02.thumb.jpg.1f4edf0f6ba7d3d136087426c428634e.jpg

• Like 14

I haven't really messed with the body much so I kept my Maitreya body on.. Maybe next weekend I'll mess with the body..

I was mainly working on the Jamie head  today.. I did a little shopping for it and found a skin that works with the shape I made this morning.. I need to find a better lipstick though.. This one is much better than what was on the skin I bought and was working good for all the skins I tested..

I still want to tweak this more , but I feel much better about this first draft for now than I did last night.. I was really pulling my hair last night.. Then finally set all the sliders to zero  on the head and just started from scratch.. hehehe

Anyways, here is my first draft which took about 5 tries of  coming back, then closing my SL, then coming back again.. hehehehe

SENRAJAMIE.thumb.png.4a6bafaf2d182a675b4c8636480610cf.png

• Like 16

23 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but I gave an eyebrow concealer a try on Jaime and here were the results

Snapshot_169.thumb.jpg.cf524051a49449c707fbe3ab6f225f94.jpg

First I applied the concealer 

Then I put on eyebrow tattoos 

Snapshot_170.thumb.jpg.43ac21014036b9ce7f04b48018344518.jpg

There is still slight distortion, but I only notice it when really up close.  The distortion is not nearly as bad on Jamie, but I do see a little bit of stretching with the skin I am currently using when there is no concealer.

The demo I used was here:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-DEMO-BOM-Eyebrow-Concealer/20393879

Oh, thank you! I will have to try this.

• Like 2

I have been spending my Sunday afternoon trying on various old skins from my oldest female avatar, Ledba Loon (get it? lead balloon? Thank you, I'll see myself out...), and I found one old skin from IC Skins, which used to specialize in "photorealistic" skins for classic, system avatars. Most of them were horrible, but this Bella Swan skin is a keeper! I'm quite happy with this look.

Unfortunately, I cannot find IC skins on the SL Marketplace, so unless you bought this years ago, you're out of luck.

Senra Jamie Bella Snow skin side.png

Senra Jmaie Bella Snow skin head.png

Senra Jamie Bella Snow skin full.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2023 at 5:27 PM, Istelathis said:

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but I gave an eyebrow concealer a try on Jaime and here were the results

Snapshot_169.thumb.jpg.cf524051a49449c707fbe3ab6f225f94.jpg

First I applied the concealer 

Then I put on eyebrow tattoos 

Snapshot_170.thumb.jpg.43ac21014036b9ce7f04b48018344518.jpg

There is still slight distortion, but I only notice it when really up close.  The distortion is not nearly as bad on Jamie, but I do see a little bit of stretching with the skin I am currently using when there is no concealer.

The demo I used was here:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-DEMO-BOM-Eyebrow-Concealer/20393879

I bought and tried the Izzie's eyebrow concealer and, unfortunately, it did not cover all the eyebrow area on the male Belleza Ewan skin I tried it on. It did, however, work with the female IC Skins Bella Snow skin I tried it on.

At this point, it is very clear to me that entire eyebrow/eyelid area area on the Blake AND the Jamie mesh heads is VERY different from the SLUV used on most older male skins, and it is unlikely that they will work with the Blake and Jamie heads, unless you do workarounds like the eyebrow concealer and use the included brows, which sit a lot higher on the forehead!

I consider this a MAJOR problem with the Blake and Jamie heads, and frankly, I'd rather just use one of the free LeLutka heads I picked up at previous Christmases than try to find an old SLUV skin that will work with it. It's extremely disappointing.

Hopefully, some designers will create new skins specifically for Blake and Jamie, which work with the peculiarities of these heads.

I have added two pictures showing the Bella Snow skin (where the eyebrows do move when the avatar blinks), with the same head and skin, using the Izzie's eyebrow concealer and the Jamie brows. You can see just how much higher up the Jamie brows sit! I set the eyebrow height to its LOWEST level, and they are still sky-high!

Senra Jamie Bella Snow Skin.png

Senra Bella Snow Skin Jamie Eyebrows.png

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dagger Faulkwing said:

Does anyone know where I can buy cheap male skins without eyebrows? That seems to be the solution to Blakes eyebrow problem. I've got a few old skins from 7 Deadly Skins that are browless but it seems to be very rare to find male skins without eyebrows.

Belleza has older skins in their group gifts - male on the wall facing the Gen X bodies. The group is free join and the group gift skins work pretty well on the Blake & Jamie heads, but may need a finger and toe fix from Izzie's inworld or Sweet's on MP. 

I think some of my older male skins are browless, but I'm not sure if those were Belleza or 7DS. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

I consider this a MAJOR problem with the Blake and Jamie heads, and frankly, I'd rather just use one of the free LeLutka heads I picked up at previous Christmases than try to find an old SLUV skin that will work with it. It's extremely disappointing.

I hope LL notices this thread and makes a few adjustments to the mesh heads so that the skin does not stretch when blinking.  I don't know if that is even possible or how much work would be involved with it though.

• Like 3

This is my new alt after starting to reshape the face. Her skin is from Reed Skins. I first tried the genus head BOM skin and although it was a slight improvement, I didn't like it. It really blurred the detail of the nose and mouth. So I went back today and tried the Catwa option in the same skin tone. It worked so much better. I'm starting to really like this new alt at this point. I really wish that I could find some BOM lashes that didn't look hideous on her, but this at least is a positive start from where she was yesterday! I just wished to add that the bom skins from Reed align with the hands and feet perfectly so no need for the skin fix.

Marigold 1st photo sl mesh avi_019 (3).png

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 8

14 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

This is my new alt after starting to reshape the face. Her skin is from Reed Skins. I first tried the genus head BOM skin and although it was a slight improvement, I didn't like it. It really blurred the detail of the nose and mouth. So I went back today and tried the Catwa option in the same skin tone. It worked so much better. I'm starting to really like this new alt at this point. I really wish that I could find some BOM lashes that didn't look hideous on her, but this at least is a positive start from where she was yesterday! I just wished to add that the bom skins from Reed align with the hands and feet perfectly so no need for the skin fix.

that looks great as far as the face!

The arms, the arms. I have decided it would be pretty easy to create an alien shape with Jamie - you know one with the big head and the skinny, skinny arms and legs.

Edited by Trinity Blakewell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

I apologize ahead of time if I'm sharing too much. This is just becoming an interesting project I get happy to share progress on since it has become my mission to make this girl at the least cute...🤣

On a serious note, I will admit that one of the reasons I've become rather fond of this new alt is the fact she isn't perfect. I like that she has imperfections and room for improvement. I think it makes her unique here in sl.

Today I started working on the shape again to get it close to my other avis. She is wearing a system swimsuit I got off the marketplace. Day by day, little by little, she seems to be improving. So far, I think she is living her "best second life" :)

I will end here by adding that I have been enjoying seeing how others have made their Senra avis look.

Marigold 1st photo sl mesh avi_004 (2).png

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 13

20 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I apologize ahead of time if I'm sharing too much.

No need to apologize, I wish there were more posts.   I love to see all of the ways people customize their avatars here, you all have fantastic ideas and I like to see the progression of people's avatars, as well as just what this mesh is capable of.  Your avatar is looking great btw 😊

Here is my Senra in motion on the dance floor.  Please don't mind the HUDs I tried to hide them, but for some reason I can't.

dancingboom.gif

Senra head, body, jeans and shoes.  

• Like 7

Here is one I had put on the backburner a little bit ago, and came back to recently.

Snapshot_858.thumb.png.71cd58d776cb491c00420a26cbc82c0c.png

Snapshot_860.thumb.png.babfc6c65caeeeb8e142c1ff59fce615.png

Still a work in progress, I will search through what outfits I have and try to find another one to use later. 

Senra Eyebrows, eyes, head, body.  

• Like 11

A few outfits, and slight mods to the various Senras I have been working on.

Snapshot_209.thumb.jpg.8cb2f34c736e5e3a24abe5c7ea513f0b.jpg

I really like the above one, I used a shape I had made earlier, but had to change the shape of the body to fit into it though.

Snapshot_211.thumb.jpg.6f7b16e3ec8d0e0ebe713d396be30b52.jpg

This is the same avatar I was working on in the above post with the blue senra hair, it now has another outfit and hair on.

Snapshot_215.thumb.jpg.e93bda37f9edd142e6a3a3650b62742c.jpg

Snapshot_216.thumb.jpg.803b18507293f0ccd8dd8333f7c3639a.jpg

Another shape I use, this one has a lot going on so I took two shots of it.  I'm going to find some darker themed makeup for her.

All outfits are from Bare Rose which have a ton of fantasy themed outfits for system avatars.

Still using the Senra head and body for posting here.  I think I will use these when playing GCS in a fantasy setting.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 12

I have no previous experience with mesh bodies pre-Senra. Have just had a play with an alt, making use of the Jamie head and body (heavily slider-ed), Bitsy's skin and eyes, Trixie's brows, and some free hair from Dura. (I'm going to limit myself to Senra and other freebies.) I rather like the result, except for the fingernails (think I'll just keep her shoes on ;) ). Using the female AO that I got as a transferable freebie 10-12 years ago as the included walk is pretty awful...

sisprofile.jpg

sis3.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I have no previous experience with mesh bodies pre-Senra. Have just had a play with an alt, making use of the Jamie head and body (heavily slider-ed), Bitsy's skin and eyes, Trixie's brows, and some free hair from Dura. (I'm going to limit myself to Senra and other freebies.) I rather like the result, except for the fingernails (think I'll just keep her shoes on ;) ). Using the female AO that I got as a transferable freebie 10-12 years ago as the included walk is pretty awful...

sisprofile.jpg

sis3.jpg

This is super cute. I mean, adorably cute! 

I guess I like the slight androgyny and unicorn hair the most!

• Like 4