How does your Senra look?

tako Absent

One thing I really do like about the Senra Blake and Jamie bodies is that you can have a wide range of gender expression, since the wardrobe and hairstyles are unisex. In the following pictures are two looks for Blake in the pink dress, and two looks for Jamie in the navy suit. The only difference is the body shape and the AO.

One thing I don't like is that there's not enough muscle/fat on the arms on the Jamie mesh body, even with body fat and upper body muscles set to 100! This is a complaint I have about many other name-brand mesh bodies, like Kupra: the arms are still too skinny compared to the rest of the body. Also, the armpits are cut too high on both the Blake and Jamie mesh bodies.

One thing I do like, however, is that can essentially zero out the breasts on the Jamie if you prefer.

Sanra-Blake-9.webp

Sanra-Jamie-9.webp

Senra-Blake-7.webp

Sanra-Jamie-5.webp

Edited by Vanity Fair
Edit wording
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I really, really wanted this to be better than it is, but...I am not impressed at all.

image.thumb.png.cf0298c09ba53ec73110b914687af60a.png

I took one of the included body shapes and started tweaking it just a little. Look at the glitches in the provided skinny jeans!

My biggest disappointments: 

1. Those skinny, skinny little arms, they seem to be much skinnier that most mesh bodies.
  2. The way this mesh body is rigged, no clothing I've tried for any other body seems to fit or even be close to it. The body seems to pull forward more than Maitreya and Legacy, and  so we get abdomen sticking out on tops and the avi's bottoms won't go anywhere near filling up pants.
  3. Some people have mentioned that classic SL-map face skins like those made for Genus would work but the nose on those skins is too wide.
  4. Flat feet. I know I'm just being picky here, but it would have been nice to have the option for heels.
  5. Just try and find BOM makeup for the classic SL-map...good luck.
  6. I don't like a lot of the clothing included at this point....IMO some of the "Adam and Eve" era default Avis had better clothing textures. The jeans above are an exception as far as texturing, but you can see there are issues with fit. 
  • Like 16

56 minutes ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

Flat feet. I know I'm just being picky here, but it would have been nice to have the option for heels.

WTF?  I haven't been following any of the Senra threads very closely.  I definitely missed the statements of "only flat feet" for the girl.  That right there makes it a no-go for me. 

I do have a few of my alts that can stay in flats.  Though, in thinking about it, if the feet and some of the lower leg can be alpha'd out, then any sort of heeled boot should work.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

WTF?  I haven't been following any of the Senra threads very closely.  I definitely missed the statements of "only flat feet" for the girl.  That right there makes it a no-go for me. 

I do have a few of my alts that can stay in flats.  Though, in thinking about it, if the feet and some of the lower leg can be alpha'd out, then any sort of heeled boot should work.

Yeah, Patch's explanation about the "only flat feet" option was interesting (in the older thread - not sure if that thread is still around).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I posted a picture of high heels in the other Senra thread Patch started.  It was quickly deleted.  😂

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I posted a picture of high heels in the other Senra thread Patch started.  It was quickly deleted.  😂

Ah, so it was the "now moderated" thread where it came up before..I was pretty sure Patch addressed it somewhere though (could be in that same thread).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ah, so it was the "now moderated" thread where it came up before..I was pretty sure Patch addressed it somewhere though (could be in that same thread).

No, he mentioned it in the thread when Senra was accidentally released.  He asked for feedback in the newer thread so of course, I posted high heels and was rejected.

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Though, in thinking about it, if the feet and some of the lower leg can be alpha'd out, then any sort of heeled boot should work.

As mentioned in the first Senra thread, you'll have to make something, somewhere, somehow to hide the toenails.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No, he mentioned it in the thread when Senra was accidentally released.

Since it seems the question of "flat feet" will probably come up some more, it may be worth it for one of us to find Patch's quote - the reason given why there are only flat feet.

Found it!

• Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Found it!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Found it!

We will either tackle that later, perhaps on another body, or leave it to the creator community to come up with something cool!  

Do we all remember when shoes with feet were a thing?  When mesh first came out and before Slink feet.  We had to tint the ankle & foot to match our skin, and still had to wear some sort of anklet jewelry or shoe strap to hide the seam and minimize the minor skin color diffs that were always there.

I, for one, do NOT want to go back to those days.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do we all remember when shoes with feet were a thing?  When mesh first came out and before Slink feet.  We had to tint the ankle & foot to match our skin, and still had to wear some sort of anklet jewelry or shoe strap to hide the seam and minimize the minor skin color diffs that were always there.

Aren't seams still a problem with heads / necks?

Some avatars will require special feet anyway, like furs that have feral ankles and feet. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Aren't seams still a problem with heads / necks?

Only sometimes.  But that is still skin being applied to 2 mesh surfaces.  In theory, with a proper skin and proper size match on head to neck, there would be no visible seam.

Aside from the mesh foot/shoe combo, we could also add on something like Slink feet, if the ankle sizing matches up.  That would at least make it easier to get skin textures to match, since many skin creators do still make BOM & Applier skin for Slink feet -- at least, I think they do.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe Stiletto Moody will make a comeback?  Yeah, no.thanks.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Ok, so, I posted in the other thread earlier with a test. This is a better test, lol.

This is just using the stuff in the Jamie folders, skin, hair, clothes, everything. But, I did some serious work on the shape. It's not where I want it, but it's a big improvement. This time I worked on the head(shapewise) too, because that Jamie head right out the box is just..oh no, lol. The butt is just odd, no matter what you do to it it doesn't necessarily look bad, just, like it doesn't go there, it's weird I can't explain it, lol, but I don't like it. Make it bigger and it looks like if it weren't attached, it would be welcome in the macy's parade. Make it smaller and it has the same shape but looks like someone made it out of playdoh and slapped it on. Oh well, lol. She's about 5'8" give or take, still taller than I want her, but any shorter and she looks like a hobbit. The body doesn't do short super well, I tried, nothing against hobbitses but, she's not one. 

It's not as bad as I was expecting, but also nowhere near as good. A good skin, shape, clothes, AO, and maybe accessories (makeup and whatnot included if you want) and it wouldn't look too bad. I don't know how they expect newbies to get all that though, so, good thing they intend for it to be VERY short term use. Also, mark me down as another who can't stand labels on clothes, freebies or not, blah. 

jamie1.png.85ad8c66e1e6b8940ce6f63a5a7e3e51.png

jamie2side.png.bb7c90e635f46d983cd074eb139727e0.png

jamie3face.png.f43fbec72d82f4db607a84209ea9d779.png

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually dug out my shoes-with-feet last week in anticipation of testing them on the Senras. Thanks for reminding me. :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, I remember. I actually have a couple of pair which I have used with the alpha'ed-out feet of a male mesh body for a drag queen avatar. They were ancient high-heeled sandals by YDEA, and I believe I picked them up at the excellent freebie store at Ajuda SL Brasil years ago (they are gone now). Here's a few sickening lewks for you feauring those shoes:

Red-Bandana-Gown.webp

Kitty-Wants-Milk.webp

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

I tried my HOC shoes-with-feet on the Jamie. They're not perfect, but eh, they'll do in a pinch. I had to alpha the toenails, which also alphaed out the fingernails, so that was fun. /s

image.thumb.png.984fd46ce25703f5ab6a9c875da5028b.png

Edited by SabrinaCooke
  • Like 7