How does your Senra look?

tako Absent

9 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Until I figure out how to set up a proper signature for the community forums (sorry!), google "ryan schultz blog" and you should be able to find it.

We are fortunate that your blog is featured so often!

And, people post links to your blog pretty often too!

Thank you for all your hard work documenting and supporting Second Life! ❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Until I figure out how to set up a proper signature for the community forums (sorry!), google "ryan schultz blog" and you should be able to find it.

Heh, your blog is where I found a crap ton of places, and I have no idea why I didn't draw that connection before now. But, THANK YOU!!!

My fav body is lucybody atenea, by far. The only one that comes even close, imo, is Sweet's Ruth (even though there are five million versions of Ruth, that one is better than all the others, and it still has enough flaws to be annoying). I've tried pretty much every single free mesh av there is. Most of them are really not that good, or they're so complicated to even attempt to get them to work and shape right, it's not worth the effort. Forget finding clothes that fit them. The lucybody is in a MM board, and it took 2 days after I clicked it to get (if it doesn't reach the goal, it keeps your name in, so you don't have to go back) but it was so worth the wait. I've sent more people to go get it, lol. 

Lucybody, so far, has been compatible with almost all maitreya stuff,  although I need alphas in a couple of instances. In most cases, I don't need to. If you get the BOM hud (it's $250, but you know that) pretty much everything else works exactly as you'd expect. It can also use system stuff with BOM capability, which I have a lot of.  Even without that hud though, a lot of things still work, the bom mode just helps. I have a few outfits a friend bought me that are rigged for just maitreya, and they work on my lucybody without any issue or alpha.

A lot of the free stuff out there works well too which is a huge plus. You know there's a ton of free stuff. It's also completely compatible with the free lelutka heads, without a weird neck gap, seam or need for a choker to hide it. Most of the other free bodies aren't as compatible as they seem, especially at the neck, even with"fixes".  A lot of them "break" at a specific height inworld and you instantly become nearly headless. A great party trick, sure, but not fun otherwise. 

This might be different for people that make curvier or even thinner shapes, but it works great with my shape, and the skins I already own too (which also work well with my free lelutka head, bonus, lol). 

Edited by Casidy Silvercloud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We are fortunate that your blog is featured so often!

And, people post links to your blog pretty often too!

Thank you for all your hard work documenting and supporting Second Life! ❤️ 

Awww, thank you so much! I'm just so happy that my freebie fashionista passion for Second Life has an audience.

If I had a killer Jeopardy category, it would be this topic, LOLOL!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

Settings - Second Life Community

Simply copy and paste the URL info into the signature line and you are done.

I wanted to find how to get there, so I did!

signature.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

Heh, your blog is where I found a crap ton of places, and I have no idea why I didn't draw that connection before now. But, THANK YOU!!!

My fav body is lucybody atenea, by far. The only one that comes even close, imo, is Sweet's Ruth (even though there are five million versions of Ruth, that one is better than all the others, and it still has enough flaws to be annoying). I've tried pretty much every single free mesh av there is. Most of them are really not that good, or they're so complicated to even attempt to get them to work and shape right, it's not worth the effort. Forget finding clothes that fit them. The lucybody is in a MM board, and it took 2 days after I clicked it to get (if it doesn't reach the goal, it keeps your name in, so you don't have to go back) but it was so worth the wait. I've sent more people to go get it, lol. 

Lucybody, so far, has been compatible with almost all maitreya stuff,  although I need alphas in a couple of instances. In most cases, I don't need to. If you get the BOM hud (it's $250, but you know that) pretty much everything else works exactly as you'd expect. It can also use system stuff with BOM capability, which I have a lot of.  Even without that hud though, a lot of things still work, the bom mode just helps. I have a few outfits a friend bought me that are rigged for just maitreya, and they work on my lucybody without any issue or alpha.

A lot of the free stuff out there works well too which is a huge plus. You know there's a ton of free stuff. It's also completely compatible with the free lelutka heads, without a weird neck gap, seam or need for a choker to hide it. Most of the other free bodies aren't as compatible as they seem, especially at the neck, even with"fixes".  A lot of them "break" at a specific height inworld and you instantly become nearly headless. A great party trick, sure, but not fun otherwise. 

This might be different for people that make curvier or even thinner shapes, but it works great with my shape, and the skins I already own too (which also work well with my free lelutka head, bonus, lol). 

You're welcome!

I also like the Atenea body and use it for my female alts. I mean, L$250 for a Maitreya Lara-compatible mesh body is a real bargain!

I can't remember when I finally figured out that Atenea's hands also work with Maitreya Lara-rigged rings and (most, but not all) fingernails, but I was very impressed! The latest version has a special button now for Maitreya Lara-rigged high-heeled shoes, too (it has Slink-compatible feet otherwise, so boots and strappy shoes might be a problem with this body).

I was thinking of adding the Ruth bodies (e.g. Sweet's, which I also like) to my spreadsheet somewhow, but I don't know much about mesh clothing specifically for them, and how well Maitreya apparel fits it. I haven't really tested them out very much, so I am curious to learn more from others' opinions about the Sweet's and other, similar Ruth 2.0 bodies.

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

You're welcome!

I also like the Atenea body and use it for my female alts. I mean, L$250 for a Maitreya Lara-compatible mesh body is a real bargain!

I can't remember when I finally figured out that Atenea's hands also work with Maitreya Lara-rigged rings and (most, but not all) fingernails, but I was very impressed! The latest version has a special button now for Maitreya Lara-rigged high-heeled shoes, too (it has Slink-compatible feet otherwise, so boots and strappy shoes might be a problem with this body).

I was thinking of adding the Ruth bodies (e.g. Sweet's, which I also like) to my spreadsheet somewhow, but I don't know much about mesh clothing specifically for them, and how well Maitreya apparel fits it. I haven't really tested them out very much, so I am curious to learn more from others' opinions about the Sweet's and other, similar Ruth 2.0 bodies.

I helped a noobie out by getting her into Sweet's Ruth 2.0 or whatever it is called recently. It seemed mostly compatible but we did quickly encounter the need to learn how to use alpha cuts. Seemed like upper body fit was the issue, it's close but from what I saw you'll need to alpha out areas.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

You're welcome!

31 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I helped a noobie out by getting her into Sweet's Ruth 2.0 or whatever it is called recently. It seemed mostly compatible but we did quickly encounter the need to learn how to use alpha cuts. Seemed like upper body fit was the issue, it's close but from what I saw you'll need to alpha out areas.

You can also find clothing for Ruth 2.0 (version RC 3 or just v.3) by searching the marketplace for RuthToo, (my version of Ruth 2.0). I'll be releasing some additional clothes for RuthToo and RothToo in the next few months, which will also fit Ruth 2.0.

I also have a free FP pack of various alpha masks in my shop in Blumfield to be used for the BoM version. And if you find some free clothes that could really use an alpha mask, let me know and I'll create some and add them to the free FP pack.

I may also expand to Senra outfits if they approve my request for the SDK.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

So today I tried to create a version of Blake. Tho i used an old Belleza skin (freebie) and hair from No.match.no.division. The rest from Senra Blake folder. Cheating a bit i know... 🤭

It looks good :D LL really needs to add more shapes and skins to their options, or perhaps just to the orientation island so that noobies can become familiar with using them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Yeah that's the biggest issue with that one, the need for alphas more often than not. It's doable, but it takes some working. Some maitreya stuff fits it, some standard sized stuff fits too, but it really depends on your shape, a LOT!

Lucybody atenea though, hands down absolute BEST free mesh body, even if you don't get the BOM hud. It's the most compatible with the most stuff with the least amount of work and comes with some nice add-ons built in. It has a nice c-string built in (black and a pretty pink/white one) which is a nice addition when someone who doesn't realize most dresses and skirts don't have panties. Unless your body is bom compatible and/or the skirt part isn't skin tight, a lot of panties don't work and will poke through. Or you can just go commando and see what happens lmao. (I don't recommend that to those that give two fugs what others think/say, though, lol)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sean Heavy said:

You can also find clothing for Ruth 2.0 (version RC 3 or just v.3) by searching the marketplace for RuthToo, (my version of Ruth 2.0). I'll be releasing some additional clothes for RuthToo and RothToo in the next few months, which will also fit Ruth 2.0.

I also have a free FP pack of various alpha masks in my shop in Blumfield to be used for the BoM version. And if you find some free clothes that could really use an alpha mask, let me know and I'll create some and add them to the free FP pack.

I may also expand to Senra outfits if they approve my request for the SDK.

Okay, now that I know that some creators are specifically making clothing to fit Ruth 2.0, I will add a column to my spreadsheet! Thank you, @Sean Heavy

UPDATE: Done! You can now see version 1.1 of my comparison chart on my blog (please see my signature for the address). Thank you to everyone who made suggestions.

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 3

I tried it and decided to go with this dress and skin and hair and that. The only thing I changed was I created a new bodyshape and adjusted the face and body. Though if I was to improve this look further i'd probably put on a skin from 7 deadly skins. I have heard some genus skins from 7 deadly skins may work on it.image.thumb.png.97cbebc0d98a3a984a69c8b2ac4374f3.png

Edited by Robotshaz
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

5maleSenra2023_sm.png.280b89d30ffaf29fc0fc2c2f47c4a727.pngmaleSenra2023_sm.thumb.png.0a69ea0a58299198122eed0c22393d66.png

So today I tried to create a version of Blake. Tho i used an old Belleza skin (freebie) and hair from No.match.no.division. The rest from Senra Blake folder. Cheating a bit i know... 🤭

Your guy looks hot. You should go help some of the newbies at the Welcome Hub. They can use all the help they can get.

I helped one guy who had on the default skin, 2 mesh shirts and no pants get into one of the previous starter avatars, but he wanted to be wearing the Blake avatar. At the time I couldn't think of how to talk him through that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I decided to play around with a look for Jamie, here's what got, first, just using stuff from the Jamie folder; 

Snapshot_029.png.36f2447871b19e56a679a046744adf5d.pngSnapshot_030.png.6893d1d85b96334862537cfc2eece515.png

Then below I swapped out the head for Lel Kaya and added hair from Lamb. Dress from S@bbia, which still really clips on the back of the arms, though unseen in the photo, I think you would need a custom alpha for that dress. Eyes and slides still from the Jamie folder, as is the body skin in tone 1.

Snapshot_031.png.a3ee5be5f29ccc3e0ee14373480ecdd0.pngSnapshot_032.png.a3f6ad4ab52ca1b56b4839753e73c583.png

• Like 8

@Trinity Blakewell

Yes. I put an old Belleza male skin on my guy alt while he was wearing the Senra Blake mesh head & body. The head looks fine, but the finger tips (and probably the toes?) are off.

The Senra avatars seem like a good opportunity for skin makers to drag out their old system skins, update the toes & fingers for Blake and Jamie, then give them out for free or cheap.

• Like 4