How does your Senra look?

tako Absent

Skin, shape, and eyes by me (not for sale, unfinished). Hair by Analog Dog at TLC Event, only 50L at the moment for the fatpack, what a deal. Now I just need to find an outfit. I am liking the Bare Rose idea, you just have to watch the complexity of their older stuff. But I am sure I have stuff in my inventory in standard sizes with alphas that will work, I just need to dig deep enough. 

Snapshot_006.jpg

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Skin, shape, and eyes by me (not for sale, unfinished). Hair by Analog Dog at TLC Event, only 50L at the moment for the fatpack, what a deal. Now I just need to find an outfit. I am liking the Bare Rose idea, you just have to watch the complexity of their older stuff. But I am sure I have stuff in my inventory in standard sizes with alphas that will work, I just need to dig deep enough. 

Snapshot_006.jpg

Your avatar looks lovely :D  I've tried to make skins in the past, and never could get them to look right, yours looks fantastic.  I need to try to give it another try sometime.  Bare Rose is a fun place to shop at, it carries a lot of outfits that I use for my pixie avatar too, it is one of the few places I have found that carry anything for her.  A lot of the outfits do have a high complexity, I have to detach a lot of pieces at times to keep it under 70k.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I was looking at the new interface with some friends. I love the new interface for selecting your character, however, I could not access this. I was only given the old Avs as my avatar option.

One of the things that I feel really needs to be addressed is the lack of diversity in the skin options. There are only 2 options for black skins, the lips are black, and some of the shading on the back is extremely dark. At a minimum, there needs to be more diversity in the skin choices for the darker-skinned avs. One of the comments made by one of my friends "LL is definitely not thinking about us".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This popped up on Scoop.it (via TeleportHub), but is free group gift and free join.

It is a Eye Animator AO. Very neat little HUD and works nicely on all my LeLutka heads and Snow Rabbit.

Even though I've moved on from Senra (at least for now) I thought other may be interested.

https://www.teleporthub.com/group-gifts/eye-animator-ao-group-gift-by-c-animesh/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CandyCole said:

This popped up on Scoop.it (via TeleportHub), but is free group gift and free join.

It is a Eye Animator AO. Very neat little HUD and works nicely on all my LeLutka heads and Snow Rabbit.

Even though I've moved on from Senra (at least for now) I thought other may be interested.

https://www.teleporthub.com/group-gifts/eye-animator-ao-group-gift-by-c-animesh/

Works great with Senra, thanks :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OK this is pretty exciting. Alaskametro has some skins for Senra Jamie and they are only 50L. I am wearing Tone 2 in the picture below. They come with different brow colours and are so pretty! This is a really cheap way to upgrade your Senra. I am also wearing Hazel hair by Magika. The mesh lashes were a free gift from Boataom.

Alaskametro marketplace link https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/1011 There is also a 10L shape there for Jamie but I have not checked it out yet. If you pick this stuff up and like it, be sure to leave her a nice review.

Snapshot_007.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

OK this is pretty exciting. Alaskametro has some skins for Senra Jamie and they are only 50L. I am wearing Tone 2 in the picture below. They come with different brow colours and are so pretty! This is a really cheap way to upgrade your Senra. I am also wearing Hazel hair by Magika. The mesh lashes were a free gift from Boataom.

Alaskametro marketplace link https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/1011 There is also a 10L shape there for Jamie but I have not checked it out yet. If you pick this stuff up and like it, be sure to leave her a nice review.

Snapshot_007.jpg

She looks amazing!  🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Me again, more stuff from the marketplace. Looks like somebody got a devkit, I know I haven't. But this is really cool. MALified has made Sci-fi catsuits for Jamie. Currently half price, they come in a few different colours and a fatpack. You will probably need to change your shape to wear these, there is an example shape included in the folder. My hair is from Monso, if anyone is wondering.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PROMO-50-OFF-COPYMOD-MALified-Sci-Fi-CatSuit-Outfit-Black-Senra-Jamie/25096279

Snapshot_008.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Me again, more stuff from the marketplace. Looks like somebody got a devkit, I know I haven't. But this is really cool. MALified has made Sci-fi catsuits for Jamie. Currently half price, they come in a few different colours and a fatpack. You will probably need to change your shape to wear these, there is an example shape included in the folder. My hair is from Monso, if anyone is wondering.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PROMO-50-OFF-COPYMOD-MALified-Sci-Fi-CatSuit-Outfit-Black-Senra-Jamie/25096279

Snapshot_008.jpg

:D This is getting exciting, I'm looking forward to seeing all of the options we will soon have available to us 😊  Your avatar is looking fantastic, thank you for sharing how it all looks, and I adore the hair 🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, she's coming along.  I was surfing MP earlier, put Senra into search, and found the same Alaskametro skins Stephanie had.  I picked up the shape and Tone 1 of the skin, plus the eyebrows and eyeshadow recommended in the style card.

Instead of Truth Trinket for hair, I went with Truth Cashmere and I added a Genus eyeliner from Izzie's I'd had lurking in my inventory from days of yore.  I also threw on some eyes I had from Avi-Glam.

She's just wearing the Senra crop top, and (not that you can see them) the baggy jeans and sneakers. 

I think my biggest issue is I need more contour around the jaw and chin.  The chin is too prominent for my personal tastes and the depth won't decrease adequately to even out the proportions on the face; there's also a rigging situation where hair that sits at a normal height on other heads ends up sitting farther into the skull on the Senra, which gives them a super low forehead (threehead? twohead?).  The lips additionally have a rather prominent contour which can be addressed with skin, but which will also show up to disadvantage in heavily shadowed lighting.

I'm not sure if those issues are going to be addressed, or if they even should.  They're areas of concern for me specifically (as in if I came into a virtual world with this as my default avatar they would hurt me to my soul like the OMG NO CHIN the default avatars in another virtual world possess), and as soon as I had the cash I would be flinging it at creators to improve my appearance.

All my caveats aside, however, dang this is a sight better than the former starters!  Even with what's available now (including the glorious skin and kind pricing by Alaskametro<3) a new person has a much better opportunity to make a reasonable avatar without dumping a load of cash into SL right at the start.  Yay!!!

Senra 081023.Filtered.v2.jpg

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Words. Words are helpful.
  • Like 10

31 minutes ago, jenna Fessbeinder said:

All free stuff, from MP, or group in-world.  Izzie's makeup, Stealthic hair.

image.thumb.png.45975693fb511b28cdee40642114e30a.png

18 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Okay, she's coming along.  I was surfing MP earlier, put Senra into search, and found the same Alaskametro skins Stephanie had.  I picked up the shape and Tone 1 of the skin, plus the eyebrows and eyeshadow recommended in the style card.

Instead of Truth Trinket for hair, I went with Truth Cashmere and I added a Genus eyeliner from Izzie's I'd had lurking in my inventory from days of yore.  I also threw on some eyes I had from Avi-Glam.

She's just wearing the Senra crop top, and (not that you can see them) the baggy jeans and sneakers. 

I think my biggest issue is I need more contour around the jaw and chin.  The chin is too prominent for my personal tastes and the depth won't decrease adequately to even out the proportions on the face; additionally, there is a rigging situation where hair that sits at a normal height on other heads farther into the skull on the Senra, which gives them a super low forehead (threehead? twohead?).  The lips additionally have a rather prominent contour which can be addressed with skin, but which will also show up to disadvantage in heavily shadowed lighting.

I'm not sure if those issues are going to be addressed, or if they even should.  They're areas of concern for me specifically (as in if I came into a virtual world with this as my default avatar they would hurt me to my soul like the OMG NO CHIN the default avatars in another virtual world possess), and as soon as I had the cash I would be flinging it at creators to improve my appearance.

All my caveats aside, however, dang this is a sight better than the former starters!  Even with what's available now (including the glorious skin and kind pricing by Alaskametro<3) a new person has a much better opportunity to make a reasonable avatar without dumping a load of cash into SL right at the start.  Yay!!!

Senra 081023.Filtered.v2.jpg

I'm loving it all :D  Keep them coming, I really enjoy seeing everyone's work on this thread.  

Out of curiosity I wanted to see how my version of Ruth would Compare to Senra and these were the results:

Snapshot_866.thumb.png.d723b2b74ffd98f62d920ef1410847bb.png

Above is RuthTooRC3 which had been my go to mesh avatar of choice for a long time (and Ruth remains so on Open Sim for me, I really enjoy this avatar as a freebie and all of the work the creators have put into her)  She has a ton of options available to her, including different feet., the one problem area I have with her is the neck often has a very noticeable gap where it meets the body, but otherwise she has served me well.

Snapshot_867.thumb.png.735f5cb230d2721adfa80ccbe480df50.png

And here is Senra, both are wearing the same skin, makeup and outfit.  I had to change Ruth's shape to try to get it close to Senra's but couldn't quite do it.   Unfortunately, I did not change the eyes to match when I took these pictures last night. Speaking of which, @Stephanie Misfit those eyes really pop with your last picture, they look lovely.

In my opinion, with this version of Ruth I prefer Senra Jamie's head, I would love it if LL created more options for feet but I can live being a flat foot 🤣

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

These days with so much free stuff in SL I can easily build no compromise avatar for free, based on one of the many free heads which appear every so often.   Many stores offer beautiful free gifts year round.   But making a free avi takes a lot of knowledge about how SL works.  Senra just works right away -- just watch the video.

A Lelutka, Lucybody, Tram, etc avatar can however be amazing for free.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Snapshot_008.jpg

I have not either, nor a rejection letter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jenna Fessbeinder said:

These days with so much free stuff in SL I can easily build no compromise avatar for free, based on one of the many free heads which appear every so often.   Many stores offer beautiful free gifts year round.   But making a free avi takes a lot of knowledge about how SL works.  Senra just works right away -- just watch the video.

A Lelutka, Lucybody, Tram, etc avatar can however be amazing for free.

Well to get the full hud it’s not free. So no bom. With Lucy body. I do use this body on my alt for testing stuff. I’ve had very good results with Lara clothing 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Playing around with Senra Blake. Trying out skins and clothes from the older library avatars. Some look rather good!

The shoes are mainly fine but for the toenails not being alpha'ed out... is there an alpha somewhere in Library to deal with that?

Not that I am aware of, but you can modify them.

Courtesy of @Qie Niangao

If you click on Aux2 (I believe it is aux2) and select transparent you can make a copy that has them alpha'd out though.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Not that I am aware of, but you can modify them.

Courtesy of @Qie Niangao

If you click on Aux2 (I believe it is aux2) and select transparent you can make a copy that has them alpha'd out though.

Thanks! 

It works for the fingernails. I haven't worked out how to alpha the toenails yet though...

• Like 1