How does your Senra look?

tako Absent

I tried the updated Senra Jamie body and head on a test alt. It's an improvement over the first version - especially the mouth and nose. Sadly, it's still too far from my current shape (which I more-or-less want to keep) however much I play around with the sliders.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

I tried the updated Senra Jamie body and head on a test alt. It's an improvement over the first version - especially the mouth and nose. Sadly, it's still too far from my current shape (which I more-or-less want to keep) however much I play around with the sliders.

For what little it's worth Conifer, I like, and am very used to your current look. i think I'd be a little upset if you changed it!

8 hours ago, Cristina Elvehjem said:

Still only flat feet.

I really don't care about this but more options would be cool.

flatfeet.jpg

Yep, I think that the brand-name mesh body makers would have rioted if they included Barbie feet! You gotta give people SOME reason to upgrade 😉

I really like the unisex capsule wardrobe that comes with the Senra bodies, but my one complaint is that they didn't include a simple women's flat among the shoe options. The closest you get is the (unisex) loafer, but it's not quite what I'm talking about here. I mean a shoe like this Amy flat at the Hilly Haalan freebie store (it's also surprisingly hard to *any* kind of freebie flats in SL, so I turn to these quite often for my alts when I need a non-heeled shoe):

Amy flats Hilly Haalan.jpg

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 6

Those of you who are YOUNG (not in corporeal terms you understand but in pixel) won't remember when  we ONLY had flat feet.  Creative folks gave us fake feet and fake feet built into shoes, etc.  

If SENRA actually takes off to be a viable brand to create for, someone will repeat that process.  It still won't be perfect of course and that isn't the point of SENRA anyway.  

You can get some killer looks with flat boots and platforms.  ^^  And very cute sandals.  

• Like 7

New Senra body, head and a new outfit 

Snapshot_462.thumb.png.b79ec5c90e68e766cf50aa13122555a5.png

A little bit of clipping with the outfit, but I am okay with it.  I like the results so far, but I haven't played around too much with shaping yet.

Here is a different pose

Snapshot_467.thumb.png.37ba7e14a0b715694c39689e9d9be24c.png

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 6

Re the shoe issue and my comment above.  These are the new boots gift (free group) from S@bbia.  They don't "quite fit depending on your ao but an adapted alpha layer would likely fix that. I just wanted to show you the possibilities.   

The clothes and shoes come with alpha layers. 

image.png.bd2c635c6e5537cce2096e6037faf0b0.png

image.thumb.png.00dccf62fe0e28d8698b99b6fb15b52b.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 10/12/2023 at 8:49 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Well, this thread appears to have dried up after the initial (minor) buzz about the Senra avatars, but I'm still enjoying the occasional makeover of older avatars. As best I can tell, this is a skin I picked up in 2014 from Modish. Apart from the skinny upper arms (which I was pleased to hide with this crop top from Neve) and way too skinny lower legs (please, oh please, LL, address this in the Senra update!) I'm happy with the result. (Unfortunately, none of the saris I'd bought over the last umpteen years fit well enough to use, and I haven't found any for Lara that fit well because of the bare midriff overhang. Guess I'll just keep her in bright colors for the clothes that do fit...) Oh, the hair is actually two free hairs from WINGSDG, featured in the Freebies thread recently, and I've used face tattoos from Modish and Izzie's. She doesn't look at all like a generic Jamie!

altSENRA.jpg

Just a quick update as I've moved this alt to Senra V.1 from Beta. The facial sliders are slightly more responsive, so I'm much happier with very minor tweaks to the mouth/chin sliders. Those lower legs are still too skinny, though. (I've added an old system avi era profile photo for comparison.)

senrabetasenra1.jpg

tikaoldprofile.png

Edited by Frigga Freidman
added system avi profile for comparison
  • Like 6

Sooooo -- I was talking to a friend who makes clothes among other things and mentioned the improvements made in the hopefully now official version. She mentioned the horrible agreement needed to be able to make SENRA clothing.  I had forgotten ALL about that.  Likely along with the hard to work with and less than exciting first roll-out, that nasty legalize stopped a lot of creators. I just started reading it and left the page.

It will be interesting to see if there is any interest in the SENRA section mentioned for February's Shop and Hop.  I read somewhere (think it was official but maybe someone can remember and source the idea that LL will be making more clothing and accessories themselves for SENRA.   If that agreement isn't toned down (assuming people read it and actually plan to do what the signed to do) then  that may be the way SENRA goes.  

Even so, a much better start for new folks than in the past.  Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 8:42 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Sooooo -- I was talking to a friend who makes clothes among other things and mentioned the improvements made in the hopefully now official version. She mentioned the horrible agreement needed to be able to make SENRA clothing.  I had forgotten ALL about that.  Likely along with the hard to work with and less than exciting first roll-out, that nasty legalize stopped a lot of creators. I just started reading it and left the page.

It will be interesting to see if there is any interest in the SENRA section mentioned for February's Shop and Hop.  I read somewhere (think it was official but maybe someone can remember and source the idea that LL will be making more clothing and accessories themselves for SENRA.   If that agreement isn't toned down (assuming people read it and actually plan to do what the signed to do) then  that may be the way SENRA goes.  

Even so, a much better start for new folks than in the past.  Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.  

If I understand well what Patch Linden has answered below, designers who do Senra content only to sale them in their stores won't have to have them inspected by Linden. In a way, I think it's only fair that Linden should inspect the content they put in all residents' libraries, because then they're liable if anything goes wrong.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 4:21 AM, Cristina Elvehjem said:

Still only flat feet.

I really don't care about this but more options would be cool.

flatfeet.jpg

So, I watched that movie for the first time last night... I thought it was awful ..  Honestly. How on earth is it so popular? lol

On 12/22/2023 at 4:53 PM, Laurent Bechir said:

If I understand well what Patch Linden has answered below, designers who do Senra content only to sale them in their stores won't have to have them inspected by Linden. In a way, I think it's only fair that Linden should inspect the content they put in all residents' libraries, because then they're liable if anything goes wrong.

II got an e mail I was accepted as a creator, then given a link to download the files I needed and I was blocked by that link stating I did not have permission to access the files.. So....

On 12/8/2023 at 10:24 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Just a quick update as I've moved this alt to Senra V.1 from Beta. The facial sliders are slightly more responsive, so I'm much happier with very minor tweaks to the mouth/chin sliders. Those lower legs are still too skinny, though. (I've added an old system avi era profile photo for comparison.)

senrabetasenra1.jpg

tikaoldprofile.png

I like your old system ava better..

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 10:35 PM, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I like your old system ava better..

Well, as it happens, a couple of days ago she was one of the avatars I 're-imagined' using the free LeLutka Noel head and one of the gift skins from Ives (Ingrid, in the Ibiza tone). So, technically, she shouldn't be in this thread now... but I'll sneak her in while praising Patch and the Moles for creating the Senra avatars, because without them I never would have dipped my toes into mesh bodies and heads at all! (I've no intention of moving beyond the Senra bodies for the time being.)

TIKALEL.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Well, as it happens, a couple of days ago she was one of the avatars I 're-imagined' using the free LeLutka Noel head and one of the gift skins from Ives (Ingrid, in the Ibiza tone). So, technically, she shouldn't be in this thread now... but I'll sneak her in while praising Patch and the Moles for creating the Senra avatars, because without them I never would have dipped my toes into mesh bodies and heads at all! (I've no intention of moving beyond the Senra bodies for the time being.)

TIKALEL.jpg

That head composition is quite realistic if you ask me, I love it. ^_^

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I did a quick search of the SL Marketplace for "Senra Jamie" and I was...underwhelmed. With a few exceptions, there doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot out there for Senra Jamie, yet. Mostly stuff from four stores: Lilleth, MALified, Pixel Box, and Luova.

Are stores deciding not to create apparel for Senra bodies because it's just too much work to add another mesh body? Am I searching under the right keywords' how are these items being described? Or is there still some confusion among store owners that Linden Lab needs to vet/approve everything for Senra Blake and Jamie, which creators simply want to avoid?

I dunno, but I would have expected a bit more on the Marketplace by now. (I also went into Lilleth, and the Senra Jamie stuff only appears to be on sale in the Marketplace, but not the in-world store?)

I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts and opinions. I *love* these new bodies, and I am already using them (either with the Senra heads, or with other free/inexpensive heads I've picked up) for quite a few of my alts. But if we're going to be stuck with the included capsule wardrobe, that is definitely going to limit their usefulness for new users (the intended audience).

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

So, I did a quick search of the SL Marketplace for "Senra Jamie" and I was...underwhelmed. With a few exceptions, there doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot out there for Senra Jamie, yet. Mostly stuff from four stores: Lilleth, MALified, Pixel Box, and Luova.

Are stores deciding not to create apparel for Senra bodies because it's just too much work to add another mesh body? Am I searching under the right keywords' how are these items being described? Or is there still some confusion among store owners that Linden Lab needs to vet/approve everything for Senra Blake and Jamie, which creators simply want to avoid?

I dunno, but I would have expected a bit more on the Marketplace by now. (I also went into Lilleth, and the Senra Jamie stuff only appears to be on sale in the Marketplace, but not the in-world store?)

I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts and opinions. I *love* these new bodies, and I am already using them (either with the Senra heads, or with other free/inexpensive heads I've picked up) for quite a few of my alts. But if we're going to be stuck with the included capsule wardrobe, that is definitely going to limit their usefulness for new users (the intended audience).

Well, yeah, of course. If someone can afford to buy clothes for Jamie or Blake, then they can afford to get a LucyBody Atenea, a DNA male mesh body, or one of the $L1 Legacy TMP bodies, and then get free or sale clothing for those. Why spend money on a sub-par free mesh body when there are better-looking mesh bodies with better-looking mesh clothes made for them? 

I don't mean to disparage Jamie and Blake. I think they're very good starter avatars. But they are *starter avatars* for newbies who haven't decided they want to spend real money on playing in SL yet.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Top tier bodies that offer far more and that look much better are struggling to gain support or retain the support they've had.  I'm not sure why Senra failing to gain traction is a huge surprise to anyone.  This was as obvious as a train approaching from a distance on a straight track.  I made posts to this effect when the bodies were first "accidentally" released to the Library.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Maybe designers think that the target group for the Senra bodies and heads is not likely to spend money?

I made something for Senra on an alt, and it sells quite well, however, it is something very affordable.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/15/2023 at 6:52 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

UPDATED FOR THOSE NEW TO SENRA

You can use the freebie mesh eyes already in your inventory that 'belong' to the more recent non-Senra starter avatars: Library > Clothing > Initial Outfits, as well as those included in the Senra folder.

UPDATE: IGNORE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH - when the Senra avatars were updated to V.1 from Beta, a new item appeared in the inventory list under Body > Nails. Add the 'box' and then add one of the tattoos. (See screengrab)

Regarding the fingernails/toenails, wear one of the 6 sets of nails provided in the Senra > Jamie folder, then go to the MP and pick up the free nail fix from Sweet's (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sweets-Free-Bake-on-Mesh-Quick-Nail-Cover-Fix/18140945). Add the Sweet's layers (best to wear hands and feet separately), then right-click your avatar: Appearance > Edit Outfit Parts > Sweet's BoM Quick Nailfix Hands and play with the supplied tint to get it to match your skin. Save the tint you use to your color swatches and then SAVE a new version of the tattoo with a different name (I add EDITED after Hands, but if you expect to change your skin frequently I suggest adding the skin's name/shade). Then do the same for the feet, choosing the saved color swatch as a starting point. (I find that the feet need to be slightly darker than the hands.)

While you're in the MP, pick up the free and almost-free packs of Alpha layers. It's initially a pain to try out lots of combinations, but given the size of your avatar, you should be able to make a lot of Lara/Maitreya clothing wearable, as long as you can live without spaghetti straps. (Note that the real problem is that Jamie's shoulders are lower than those of most other mesh bodies, so tops other than turtlenecks/cowlnecks don't look right unless covered by hair.)

Bimbette BoM Alpha Layers Kit (free): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bimbette-BakesOnMesh-Alpha-Layers-Kit/22703997

Blimey Alpha Layers Pack - BoM/System Layers (free): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Blimey-Alpha-Layers-Pack-BoM-System-Layers/21281073

*LBD* BOM/System Alpha Layers ($1): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LBD-BOM-System-ALPHA-LAYERS-add-UNPACK/21957856 or https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LBD-BOMSystem-Alpha-Layers-Full-Perm/18683103 (these may still be free in-world - I haven't checked)

Sweet's Pants and Skirts Alphas (free): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sweets-Free-Pants-Skirts-Alpha-Kit/18485998

Also, keep in mind that the alpha layers included in the Senra folder can be used for non-Senra clothing. 

initial.jpg

bodynails.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
updated to reflect Senra V.1 improvement to fingernails/toenails
  • Thanks 2

I saw quite a few Senra gifts at Shop & Hop, some for male avatars too.  I didn't really look to see if there were discounted Senra items though. 

One of the cuter gifts was a colorful sweater/denim skirt/sneaker set from a new brand from Blue Moon Enterprises (BMe) called Zue that also has a LaraX fit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1