How does your Senra look?

tako Absent

22 hours ago, Beowulf Zessinthal said:

My senra Jamie needs a 'relaxed hands' animation. Is there a free one around that everyone uses .. as i didnt see one on MP?

maybe something like this? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/FrozenDreams-Bento-Hand-Animation-Hand-Stretch/11223877

it works with whatever ao you're wearing, i personally use it with non-bento aos

• Like 5

Hello. I'm a returning player who's been away for a bunch of years. I'm trying to adapt to the new times but I'm still very clumsy. I keep on testing these mesh avs and learning new terms like bento, bom etc I started messing with some version of Ruth av but finally I'm more happy with Senra av, it adapts to my shape. I still must depend on BOM and old system pants because the alpha layers don't match this body. This is my avatar today, happy with the restult, the dress still doesn't fit and shows some body part (alphas not included). Not wearing mesh eyes, or fake lashes or teeth... yet. Also, Ruth av nails don't fit on Senra Jamie :(

Everything is free or 1L except the skin, tattoos and necklace and rings, I already had them in my old inventory.

Snapshot_0762.jpg

Snapshot_0742.jpg

• Like 12

On 11/14/2023 at 3:56 PM, Cristina Elvehjem said:

Hello. I'm a returning player who's been away for a bunch of years. I'm trying to adapt to the new times but I'm still very clumsy. I keep on testing these mesh avs and learning new terms like bento, bom etc I started messing with some version of Ruth av but finally I'm more happy with Senra av, it adapts to my shape. I still must depend on BOM and old system pants because the alpha layers don't match this body. This is my avatar today, happy with the restult, the dress still doesn't fit and shows some body part (alphas not included). Not wearing mesh eyes, or fake lashes or teeth... yet. Also, Ruth av nails don't fit on Senra Jamie :(

Everything is free or 1L except the skin, tattoos and necklace and rings, I already had them in my old inventory.

You can use the freebie mesh eyes already in your inventory that 'belong' to the more recent non-Senra starter avatars: Library > Clothing > Initial Outfits, as well as those included in the Senra folder.

Regarding the fingernails/toenails, wear one of the 6 sets of nails provided in the Senra > Jamie folder, then go to the MP and pick up the free nail fix from Sweet's (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sweets-Free-Bake-on-Mesh-Quick-Nail-Cover-Fix/18140945). Add the Sweet's layers (best to wear hands and feet separately), then right-click your avatar: Appearance > Edit Outfit Parts > Sweet's BoM Quick Nailfix Hands and play with the supplied tint to get it to match your skin. Save the tint you use to your color swatches and then SAVE a new version of the tattoo with a different name (I add EDITED after Hands, but if you expect to change your skin frequently I suggest adding the skin's name/shade). Then do the same for the feet, choosing the saved color swatch as a starting point. (I find that the feet need to be slightly darker than the hands.)

While you're in the MP, pick up the free and almost-free packs of Alpha layers. It's initially a pain to try out lots of combinations, but given the size of your avatar, you should be able to make a lot of Lara/Maitreya clothing wearable, as long as you can live without spaghetti straps. (Note that the real problem is that Jamie's shoulders are lower than those of most other mesh bodies, so tops other than turtlenecks/cowlnecks don't look right unless covered by hair.)

Bimbette BoM Alpha Layers Kit (free): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bimbette-BakesOnMesh-Alpha-Layers-Kit/22703997

Blimey Alpha Layers Pack - BoM/System Layers (free): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Blimey-Alpha-Layers-Pack-BoM-System-Layers/21281073

*LBD* BOM/System Alpha Layers ($1): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LBD-BOM-System-ALPHA-LAYERS-add-UNPACK/21957856 or https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LBD-BOMSystem-Alpha-Layers-Full-Perm/18683103 (these may still be free in-world - I haven't checked)

Sweet's Pants and Skirts Alphas (free): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sweets-Free-Pants-Skirts-Alpha-Kit/18485998

Also, keep in mind that the alpha layers included in the Senra folder can be used for non-Senra clothing. 

initial.jpg

nails.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Cristina Elvehjem said:

Frigga, thank you for so much for the useful info and links, testing everything and many things right now. How does a real newbie survive to all of this? 😵🤯

"Where's there's a will, there's a way"?

Despite having an account since 2007, I'm definitely in the newbie class when it comes to mesh bodies (and stuff like animation HUDs, operating vehicles, or using EEP). And I never even looked at the forums, let alone participated in them, before 2019. I don't know if LL really promotes the forums heavily to new users, but maybe that's a good answer for your question!

• Like 3

I was excited to see the first piece of clothing in this weekend's sales that specified it was for Senra Jamie, so even though there was no demo available I bought this sweater from Mad Cat Creations for $75. That advertising is slightly disingenuous, as even with a Jamie on the skinny side, her upper arms protrude from the clothing unless an alpha layer is used. The good news is that you can use an alpha layer that's already in your inventory: while none of the Jamie alpha layers will work properly, the Sweater Alpha for the starter Amy avatar does. Note that the sweater sits nicely on top of Jamie's Skinny Jeans and Suit Bottom, but not the Relaxed Jeans. There's also a sweater on sale for Blake, which I haven't bought. It's a start! 

jamiejumper.jpg

mad6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Is your Jamie looking for a winter coat? Hustle over to Hilly Haalan for this weekend deal - many, many potential color/texture combinations via 2 HUDs. My avatar is wearing the Fitmesh Classic AV coat and the supplied Alpha, over Jamie's suit trousers. Only $69.

As noted in the Freebies for your Avi thread, Hilly Haalan's group is free to join, and there's a huge room of free gifts

hh2.jpg

hh3.jpg

hh1.jpg

hilly.jpg

hilly2.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
Added info about free group and gifts
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Haven't followed this thread as aside from testing and blogging I am not using SENRA, but ---

Has LL put out the improved version yet? I have only seen an announcement for the kits for creators being sent out. 

Are there actually creators creating for SENRA bodies?  I haven't seen any.  

Just try to keep up :D Thanks. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Has LL put out the improved version yet? I have only seen an announcement for the kits for creators being sent out. 

Are there actually creators creating for SENRA bodies?  I haven't seen any.  

Updated versions not released yet. Just looking through the last month of weekend sales, I've found one creator that advertised a single piece of clothing as being available for Senra Jamie, but it required an Alpha layer that was not supplied. (Scroll up a couple of posts in this thread.)  Nothing new showing up in the MP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Updated versions not released yet. Just looking through the last month of weekend sales, I've found one creator that advertised a single piece of clothing as being available for Senra Jamie, but it required an Alpha layer that was not supplied. (Scroll up a couple of posts in this thread.)  Nothing new showing up in the MP.

I can't say that if I made clothes I would be "jumping" to create. But maybe eventually. There were some real problems with the first release -- unless of course you WANTED to look pregnant LOL.  Appreciate the info.   

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Ok...let's see what's new!

All I can see so far is that Jamie's squarish shoulders have been slightly reshaped/rounded and the Lip Ratio slider is slightly more responsive. But she still looks like she has a mustache with the non-Senra skins I've tried (slightly less of one), and her lower legs are still completely unresponsive to sliders. Also, a great disappointment for my main avatar Frigga - it's still not possible to reproduce the system head nose she has  - increasing Jamie's upper bridge doesn't result in Barbra Streisand, but in Kira Nerys (minus the ridges). I don't have the time to take and upload pictures right now, but hope to be able to do that in a couple of days. 

One point for @Patch Linden et al. - it would be helpful and appreciated if a new version of Senra were somehow labelled as such in the Inventory.

nosecompare.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Time for technical review on the male avatar.

ge45v.png?ex=6583a4d0&is=65712fd0&hm=27c

Elbow and butt got flatten out when bending.  Need more work on rigging part.

gs45b.png?ex=6583a4d0&is=65712fd0&hm=7db

Neck need more work on the rigging to make that smooth curve. It just looks like I got broken neck/spine.

image.png?ex=6583a134&is=65712c34&hm=92f

Pelvis/Spine need more work on the rigging weight. Too much inward.

image.png?ex=6583a134&is=65712c34&hm=c47

Odd spacing on the back... but it's a lot better than before.

image.png?ex=6583a6eb&is=657131eb&hm=51a

Pinky fingers need more work on the rigging, the knuckles are flattened out.

image.png?ex=6583a7d9&is=657132d9&hm=b44

Too many polygons for the eye lashes.

image.png?ex=6583a64d&is=6571314d&hm=b18

Ankle has bending problem too.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

From the pictures in the new Linden Lab announcement, it looks as though they have fixed the formerly sky-high eyebrows on Senra heads, which was my number one concern about these bodies. I still want to play with the new Senra 1.0 heads and bodies to see how they work with older SLUV skins, though. (I know this is not an issue for the target audience, new SL users, but I have alts with inventories full of old SLUV skins that I would like to use!)

It also would appear that LL is making some sort of Senra promo/tie-in for vendors participating in the Valentine's Shop and Hop, and I guess we can expect to start to see some clothing from creators! Good news all around.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

From the pictures in the new Linden Lab announcement, it looks as though they have fixed the formerly sky-high eyebrows on Senra heads, which was my number one concern about these bodies. I still want to play with the new Senra 1.0 heads and bodies to see how they work with older SLUV skins, though. (I know this is not an issue for the target audience, new SL users, but I have alts with inventories full of old SLUV skins that I would like to use!)

It also would appear that LL is making some sort of Senra promo/tie-in for vendors participating in the Valentine's Shop and Hop, and I guess we can expect to start to see some clothing from creators! Good news all around.

I am wearing old (2020 7DS) skin in my picture above.  It seems to work fine. Makeup that age or older also. I can't tell what happened to my eyebrows (separate from skin) though from the photo :D.

I did note as also shown above that old poses don't work with the new avatar. Some entrepreneurial animations person will no doubt make a hand pose add-on that will fix that.  The old ankle locks from long ago might fix the foot thing. I didn't notice that. Bento poses and the new AO included seem to work fine.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Okay, doing some testing now...it's clear that they did change the shoulder area in the new Jamie 1.0 body, as the beta clothing now doesn't fit right. No big deal, just delete all the old folders, including all the old clothing!

(First pic is the old beta dress, new pic is the same dress, version 1.0.)

Senra Jamie older dress.jpg

Senra Jamie dress final.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I think that the target audience (new Second Life users who just want a good-looking starter mesh avatar without having to jump through all the hoops with the name-brand models of mesh heads and bodies) is going to be VERY happy with this version 1.0 of Senra Jamie! It's clear that Linden Lab actually listened to user feedback on the beta versions.

This is what she looks like straight out of the box, no adjustments to the head and body sliders. The eyebrows do NOT move when she blinks, which was the single biggest thing that bugged me about these bodies. Sure, as was mentioned earlier, there are still issues with the mesh polygons and the rigging, but again, new users don't care about that, just us fussy oldbies 😉

Senra Jamie with hair.jpg

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 11/1/2023 at 8:14 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Thanks! Personally, I think her expression is more serene than dazed. 😄  I'm not a make-up user in RL, and only 2 or 3 of the many avatars that I've put together over the years wear noticeable make-up. I think her lack of luxurious eyelashes, and sparse eyebrows, are what causes her to seem somewhat expressionless to you. Here's the same avatar, same facial shape wearing the Swirly skin shown in my post above, and then a selection of old, freebie Belleza skins. (Not sure when I got them, but this avatar is only 2 years old, so it wasn't that long ago.) There are a couple of these skins that I might use, but I'd tweak the face shape just a bit.

senramakeup.jpg

Those free skins from Belleza are still available. Unfortunately, the Landmark I've used to the precise spot takes you to the main Landing Point, so you'll have to hunt around a bit. What you're looking for is 3 boxes with no images above them. Each contains many variant tones of several skins, some with cleavage tattoos. Shown is another Senra Jamie (v.1), with a Jamie skin and the new eyebrows, followed by several of the Belleza skins using the same face shape. The Belleza group is free to join.

bellezagift.jpg

bellezaskins.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3