How does your Senra look?

tako Absent

26 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Yes, the eyebrows lower, at least in the interior corners when the eyes blink. But, because of the hair I'm using that doesn't bother me much. The nails, on the other hand (pun intended). This is the fix I saw mentioned in the forums: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sweets-Free-Bake-on-Mesh-Quick-Nail-Cover-Fix/18140945

blink.png

Yes, I use the Sweet's Quick Nail Cover Fix, too, although you do have to fiddle around with the RGB settings to get the best match for the rest of your skin. It's an iterative process, takes me about half an hour, but then once it's done, I never have to fuss with it again!

The best way to get the RGB color which matches your skin is to turn on Developer mode in Firestorm, then select "Show Color under Cursor" under "Show Info" on the Developer menu (see image below). I use a pose stand, and then aim my cursor at a part of the hand near the part that needs to be tinted, then use that as a starting point to tint a copy of the Sweet's Nail Cover Fix. It usually takes me 4-6 tries to get something a good match. It's a fussy process, not really suitable for newbies, but it works.

Get color under cursor.png

Edited by Vanity Fair
Included image of Show Color Under Cursor.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Does this nail fix work for you? May I ask with which skin?

I wasn't impressed with the fingernails and it definitely didn't work with the toes. My example is using the Senra Jamie head and body, and the Bitsy skin (from the starter avatar wearing the hat and carrying the chihuahua). As with all my avatars, lots of slider changes.

I've just had another look at the Sweet's fix. In this photo, I'm wearing the Senra *Blake* nails natural 4 and then the Sweet's Nailfix *gloves* and *socks*. This works better for me than any of the tattoos!

hands.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I wasn't impressed with the fingernails and it definitely didn't work with the toes. My example is using the Senra Jamie head and body, and the Bitsy skin (from the starter avatar wearing the hat and carrying the chihuahua). As with all my avatars, lots of slider changes.

I've just had another look at the Sweet's fix. In this photo, I'm wearing the Senra *Blake* nails natural 4 and then the Sweet's Nailfix *gloves* and *socks*. This works better for me than any of the tattoos!

hands.jpg

Well done on the nails! The toes are very difficult - nothing has looked even near. I am hoping some kind texturing soul will take pity on the Senra's and make them a giftie of a tintable BOM fix....

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Yes, I use the Sweet's Quick Nail Cover Fix, too, although you do have to fiddle around with the RGB settings to get the best match for the rest of your skin. It's an iterative process, takes me about half an hour, but then once it's done, I never have to fuss with it again!

The best way to get the RGB color which matches your skin is to turn on Developer mode in Firestorm, then select "Show Color under Cursor" under "Show Info" on the Developer menu (see image below). I use a pose stand, and then aim my cursor at a part of the hand near the part that needs to be tinted, then use that as a starting point to tint a copy of the Sweet's Nail Cover Fix. It usually takes me 4-6 tries to get something a good match. It's a fussy process, not really suitable for newbies, but it works.

Get color under cursor.png

My mistake was thinking the Sweet's fix was a substitute for the nails included with the Senra body instead of something to be used in conjunction with them. (That's probably why the tattoos didn't work - will have to try them instead of the gloves/socks.)

• Like 1

I've been having fun with GIMP,  and took a few screenshots of a few of the Senras I've worked on and placed them together.

lotsosenra.thumb.png.55339e66c5e33c0ba322c2e096fb62dd.png

I'm a novice, but it has been fun.  Watch out for the one in the middle left, she is prone to throwing people in volcanoes and offending some gods.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 15
  • Haha 2

Okay, I have updated my original blogpost about my problems with the eyebrow and upper eyelid area while using older SLUV skins on the Senra Blake and Jamie heads, giving credit to @Theresa Tennyson who first suggested deleting the blinking script from the heads—thank you!

So now there are two solutions: using Izzie's Eyebrow Remover and the supplied Jamie/Blake brows, OR deleting the blinking script in the heads (which are modify/no transfer). Personally, I will be using the latter, at least until we get more skins created specifically for the Senra line. But for us oldbies who might want to reuse older skins from our inventory, it works great! Best of all, it's free.

(You can find my blog address in my signature line; if you can't see any signature lines, it's because you have them turned off; you can turn them on here: https://community.secondlife.com/settings/signature/)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Playing around with alphas, I found a really cool HUD that gives you a lot of control.

Snapshot_1231.thumb.png.dfd1e8739c82003ae93d27bbdcb70a27.png

Above is a screenshot I had taken before applying the alphas from the HUD.  I had not changed my skin yet or hair, but you can see the problem spots. 

Snapshot_1233.thumb.png.88a8527ce3185aacd16a2e837f8f4d7f.png

Here it is with the Alpha HUD, you can see it is not perfect  at all, but a lot easier to manage.  It is all based on RLV, if you have a viewer that supports it, and use it, then you can find the product here:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alpha-911-RLV-Alpha-HUD-240-BOM-Alphas-Inithium-Kupra-Slink-Hourglass-Redux-BOM-Mesh-Bodies-Classic-Avatar/20697039

Please note, the installation process is pretty involving, it requires a lot of unpacking, moving folders around in your inventory, and you must have RLV for it to work.

This is the woman's, I believe there is also a man's alpha as well at the store but I have not used that one.  

The dress I am wearing is for a legacy body.

Edit:
Senra Head and Body are being used.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

My first attempt to Senra-tize an avatar was with a recently-created one without her own 'look' (https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/502032-how-does-your-senra-look/?do=findComment&comment=2623976). I've just re-awakened an old avatar (from 2007, on the left of each photo) who last had a makeover ~2011 when I picked up a free skin at Tellaq (who no longer sell female skins). I've treated her to some new hair (Dura), but otherwise tried to replicate her look using the Jamie head and body (must lengthen her arms, though!). Apart from the overly-skinny arms (and, yeah, the lack of clothing if I can't get any of her old outfits to work), I'm perfectly happy with this 'starter' avatar... just as I'm happy with Bellisseria's 'starter' homes ;) 

One surprising thing, though - I just had a staring contest with her and she doesn't blink! I haven't done anything to amend or delete a script, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and my other Senra avatar definitely blinks...

Vprepost1.jpg

Vprepost2.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 7

On 8/29/2023 at 4:16 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

My first attempt to Senra-tize an avatar was with a recently-created one without her own 'look' (https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/502032-how-does-your-senra-look/?do=findComment&comment=2623976). I've just re-awakened an old avatar (from 2007, on the left of each photo) who last had a makeover ~2011 when I picked up a free skin at Tellaq (who no longer sell female skins). I've treated her to some new hair (Dura), but otherwise tried to replicate her look using the Jamie head and body (must lengthen her arms, though!). Apart from the overly-skinny arms (and, yeah, the lack of clothing if I can't get any of her old outfits to work), I'm perfectly happy with this 'starter' avatar... just as I'm happy with Bellisseria's 'starter' homes ;) 

One surprising thing, though - I just had a staring contest with her and she doesn't blink! I haven't done anything to amend or delete a script, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and my other Senra avatar definitely blinks...

Vprepost1.jpg

Vprepost2.jpg

While I'm still hoping to see some more Senra-specific clothing, I have found that - with the right combination of Alpha layers ($1, *LBD*/BOM/System Alpha layers in the MP) - some Lara clothing fits perfectly well. These tops are from Neve. It's a start! 

PS- And she's now blinking! Without any pulling of her eyebrow. I've done nothing to the script. Is it possible that the Senra Jamie head had been updated?

squeak.jpg

Vfuzz2.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

PS- And she's now blinking! Without any pulling of her eyebrow. I've done nothing to the script. Is it possible that the Senra Jamie head had been updated?

I doubt it. Perhaps you were just lucky enough to find an old system skin where the eyebrows were already high enough?

I tested both the male and female Senra heads with a variety of old system skins, and I couldn't find anything that didn't deform around the eyebrow area in some way when the avatar blinked. Your mileage may vary, though! I'd love to hear about other people's experiences.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, animats said:

Where's a good in-world store with Senra clothing?

Try the Marketplace. The last time I looked there was one store there that was selling a Senra Jamie outfit. They also have an inworld store, but at the time they didn't have their Senra stuff (a skin & 1 outfit) there. Since stores have to pay for their land impact inworld, it may not be cost effective to have Senra items inworld yet.

• Like 1

A new outfit I am trying using my Senra head/body

Snapshot_108.thumb.png.72b4f6cda8f836f6fa2745e27b97e473.png

Snapshot_111.thumb.png.6475b335a5ff0ccff43b07a5bae8ed9f.png

78k complexity is a bit high but I can bring it down by removing little bits and pieces.  I don't like the shoes very much, but otherwise I enjoy this outfit. This one was also purchased at bare rose, I like the Senra specific outfits on the marketplace but last I checked the prices were a bit too high for me.  These older outfits for system avatars are pretty inexpensive, and considering a lot of the places I explore don't use high res textures I generally find myself not really bothered.

One last one, from behind while overlooking the platform to my skybox

Snapshot_113.thumb.png.49f74cd36eda7eea1e0169344b0ce294.png

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 10

If you want clear toenails, The fingernails and toenails use Aux2 and Aux3. Edit the toenail layer to a transparent texture (also found in the Library in the texture folder) and you are good to go. Or, if you don't know how to do that, buy AlaskaMetro free nails set that includes the French-tip fingernails and toenails on SEPARATE layers. (Search SENRA in the Marketplace to find what they are offering.) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I dragged my fiance's VERY old account out of mothballs (he hasn't been in world since 2013) and kitted him up with Senra Blake.  The only new paid item is the hair. The rest is new free stuff and existing old stuff.

Credits: 

Skin--oldoldold Belleza Jonas.  The old Belleza skins definitely put the eyebrows in a better position than LL's eternally surprised Senra avatars. 

Eyes--oldoldold Fashism eyes (predecessor to Ikon purchased in 2011 and are still quite nice)

Shape:  Modded from the old beginner shape for Leonard (the gray-haired dude). I hated all the Blake shapes that came with it.

Hair: Modulus Mendes hair (paid)

Outfit: Emerald Man Liam outfit (freebie at Palomma Plaza)  It took using the Blake dress alpha on top of the Emerald Man alpha for the outfit to make this work though, so if you're having trouble getting your Blake's midsection covered try the dress alpha, try that one).   I used the Belleza fit. 

Shoes: Blake loafers straight out of the package.

And a pair of black socks out of the library.

I think he looks pretty good.

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

Edited by Lysistrata Szapira
grammar
  • Like 9

Taking another crack at Blake. No changes to the shape and brow.

BlakeTake5.thumb.jpg.27d578eeacd6f8c022779d33dd2680d1.jpg

Skin from Linden Library, using Sweet's BoM nail fix (color values R-224, G-189, B-168). Eyes from Avi Glam.

Hair with hat is current Uber gift from no.match.

Make up:

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 5

When we see an update to Jamie in a few weeks time* I'm hoping the disproportionately-skinny arms and lower legs will be addressed (i.e. their lack of responsiveness to slider adjustments) and that the face adjustments will also more closely match what is achievable with the 'classic' avatars. (I've found it impossible for Frigga to retain her look, which began umpteen years ago and continues to be based on Barbra Streisand, rather than Bob Hope ;) ) Overall, I'm really pleased with Senra! (Thank you, Moles!)

*https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/501888-senra-body-sdk-applications-now-open/?do=findComment&comment=2635248

friggaversions.jpg 

• Like 7