How does your Senra look?

tako Absent

A nice sale item this weekend for Senra Jamie from Just Because - this long-sleeved crop-top sweater is $75 per autumnal color, $400 for the Fatpack of all 6 colors. Lara fits well, provided you use the *LBD* Long-sleeve crop top Alpha or similar. (The pack of *LBD* Alpha layers is available on the MP for only $1. Some other Alpha packs to look for are by Bimbette, Blimey, and Sweet's - all free but more limited than LBD's.)

senrajumper.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/15/2023 at 1:04 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

When we see an update to Jamie in a few weeks time* I'm hoping the disproportionately-skinny arms and lower legs will be addressed (i.e. their lack of responsiveness to slider adjustments) and that the face adjustments will also more closely match what is achievable with the 'classic' avatars. (I've found it impossible for Frigga to retain her look, which began umpteen years ago and continues to be based on Barbra Streisand, rather than Bob Hope ;) ) Overall, I'm really pleased with Senra! (Thank you, Moles!)

*https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/501888-senra-body-sdk-applications-now-open/?do=findComment&comment=2635248

friggaversions.jpg 

Also, a plea to lessen the built-in pout - it makes *every* skin I've used look like there's a moustache! 

• Like 5

On 9/16/2023 at 11:56 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Also, a plea to lessen the built-in pout - it makes *every* skin I've used look like there's a moustache! 

That's why I ended up using the Raven head with Jamie. Nice to see that Jamie's gaining traction in the clothes market, that's great for new Residents. (More for Blake plz lol)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Clothing on sale this weekend that works for Senra Jamie (a men's version is available, but isn't on sale). The KATY jacket at Amias is $100 per color, and the Maitreya Lara and Maitreya Petite fit my avatar perfectly using the Senra Jamie hoodie alpha layer. When you buy a single color, you get the HUD that gives you 20 color options for the sweater, and you can also toggle the sweater off (though the jacket alone doesn't work with any of Jamie's tops). You can also change the color of the detailing (pocket flaps, epaulets, zipper inserts, arm patches) and the metal of the buttons. (Just noticed the glitch with the hand in the bottom photo, but am not seeing it as the avatar is moving.)

amias1.jpg

amias2.jpg

amias3.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3

Another piece in this weekend's sales that works for Jamie - the Paulina Cropped Shirt from ISON. I'm wearing the Lara version with the *LBD* V-neck elbow sleeves Top Alpha. The Neutral, Mystic, Cool and Print colorpaks are $145 each; the Earth and Warm colorpaks are $100 each for 12 colors. (Note that you can unpack only the size(s) you want.)

ISON1.jpg

ISON2.jpg

ISON4.jpg

• Like 4

Go to Atia, join the free group, and get yourself some eyebrows as a free gift! The skin I'm using is one of the inexpensive ones for Classic avatars from ND/MD. It does have brows, but they're very fair and thin. The Atia brows cover them easily, and come in 12 colors. (Is it my imagination, or is she beginning to have a bit of a Jodie Whitaker vibe...?)

eyebrows.jpg

skins.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this thread appears to have dried up after the initial (minor) buzz about the Senra avatars, but I'm still enjoying the occasional makeover of older avatars. As best I can tell, this is a skin I picked up in 2014 from Modish. Apart from the skinny upper arms (which I was pleased to hide with this crop top from Neve) and way too skinny lower legs (please, oh please, LL, address this in the Senra update!) I'm happy with the result. (Unfortunately, none of the saris I'd bought over the last umpteen years fit well enough to use, and I haven't found any for Lara that fit well because of the bare midriff overhang. Guess I'll just keep her in bright colors for the clothes that do fit...) Oh, the hair is actually two free hairs from WINGSDG, featured in the Freebies thread recently, and I've used face tattoos from Modish and Izzie's. She doesn't look at all like a generic Jamie!

altSENRA.jpg

• Like 6

If you can tolerate the Dynasty shoulders (and have hair long enough to cover them at the front), this suit by Hilly Haalan on sale for $198 in the Hello Tuesday sale at the Cosmopolitan Events & Shopping mall can be a worthwhile purchase. There are many possible color combinations, and it can be worn without the blazer or the sweater. (When blazer and sweater are worn together, there's an annoying glitch in the crook of the right elbow.) My avatar is wearing Maitreya, and a combination of Alpha layers.

fran6.jpg

fran7.jpg

• Like 5

So while hanging around the Welcome Hub, I often get new residents IMing me about furry avatars, and so I give them plenty of advice about getting one. With this, I decided to give Senra Jamie a try with one of my Luskwood avatars, the Kellashee - this is an old avatar that uses sculpts, prims and a regular skin. With enough modding, I was successful in using the Jamie body and clothing specifically rigged for it to make an entire avatar. The outfits shown in these screenshots are from MALified, which has about 4 outfits currently available for Senra Jamie. The advantage of using Senra here is that this was much easier and possibly even cheaper than going the usual routes. The cost of this avatar without the poses/animations was approx L$1,500, which I find incredible for how high quality it looks (I get A LOT of compliments!). The complexity of both outfits was around 70-80k as well.

I will be attempting some other furry avatars later on to use these outfits as well, and will post them here as well for others to see - I absolutely want to get my ringtail cat on this body too 😀

Kellashee - Senra 1.png

Kellashee - Senra 2.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

not sure if it's been mentioned but fabulously free's blog has a section on freebie mesh bodies & heads which i'm sure many newbies may start at. i personally like the freebie heads by the black sheep (i still use one of them for my non-starter avatars). i'll use facial, bink, and chat aos to give freebie mesh heads more life if they don't already include those. i think i managed to find some cheap ones on mp, i cant remember

anyways maybe i should tinker with senra and see what i can put together.

Edited by Devilgrey
  • Like 5

I created a new avatar almost two weeks ago (I have been on SL before but decided on a fresh start) and I decided to try the Senra avatar to see what it was like. On the face of it, the setting up of one seems to be pretty straightforward although, when it comes to body shapes, you are given several options, but there isn't any way of telling what they are like other than trial and error - a minor annoyance, but not a major one.

My main issue with Jamie is that she doesn't really look like a woman, but more like a man in drag.  It's as if they designed the male version first and then realised they needed a female and thought that adding breasts would be enough to do the job.

Anyway, I was so impressed with the result that, within a day or two I ended up buying a Maitreya body and Lelutka head. I probably would have gone down that path anyway, as I wanted my avatar to look Korean, but the way Jamie looked, even with a bit of tinkering with the shape, made me do it sooner rather than later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 10/30/2023 at 8:21 AM, Devilgrey said:

i personally like the freebie heads by the black sheep (i still use one of them for my non-starter avatars).

going off this idea i quickly put together blake. swapped the head with the black sheep's rehead remod Asian head to test the body with it.  i used the the mesh head's original shape, only adjusted the arm/legs muscles bc they looked so thin. the hair, socks, and jacket were freebies. jacket is by gabriel, hair from dura, and socks from curious kitties. the legacy sized jacket was the closest to fitting blake's body. still needed alphas bc parts poke out with movement, also had adjust the but size to make it not clip through the jeans. everything else (pants, shoes, skin, eyes, hairbase, and brows) is standard senra stuff.

ISnapshot_005.thumb.png.7ea62a470e1a856357880a1297600401.pngSnapshot_011.thumb.png.af8f090af3ebb8f5b1b525d9436006df.png

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Possum888 said:

Anyway, I was so impressed with the result that, within a day or two I ended up buying a Maitreya body and Lelutka head. I probably would have gone down that path anyway, as I wanted my avatar to look Korean, but the way Jamie looked, even with a bit of tinkering with the shape, made me do it sooner rather than later.

For anyone who does want to use the Jamie avatar, it is possible to create an avi with a Korean appearance. The hair I've used is/was a freebie from WINGS, the skin is Posie by Swirly ($75 in the MP), and the eyes are from the Bitsy starter avatar in the Inventory. The shadow above the upper lip *is* a problem with the Jamie head that I hope will be addressed in the update, which we should see "soon". I'm also hoping for the ability to create a slightly rounder face.

senrakor1.jpg

• Like 7

On 10/23/2023 at 7:43 AM, Nia Whiskers said:

I will be attempting some other furry avatars later on to use these outfits as well, and will post them here as well for others to see - I absolutely want to get my ringtail cat on this body too 😀

Wow!  WoW! WOW!  Nia, you are full of wonderful surprises!  Absolutely wonderful to see your beautiful (furry or human or whatever else you evolve into) skills in creating a great surprise for Senra users!  You are truly an inspiration to me and many others, even those of us who may be a bit shy to let you know ♥♥ 😉 ♥♥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Possum888 said:

^

That's got to be one of the best Senra based avatars I've seen so far.  It does still have a hint of that dazed expressionless look that they all seem to have though.  I suspect there's no way of getting rid of that.

Maybe it just needs a good facial animation AO?

I kinda wish Lelutka sold their facial anim AO separately for this purpose... most faces look pretty odd without any animation happening, even subtle little movements really help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Possum888 said:

^

That's got to be one of the best Senra based avatars I've seen so far.  It does still have a hint of that dazed expressionless look that they all seem to have though.  I suspect there's no way of getting rid of that.

Thanks! Personally, I think her expression is more serene than dazed. 😄  I'm not a make-up user in RL, and only 2 or 3 of the many avatars that I've put together over the years wear noticeable make-up. I think her lack of luxurious eyelashes, and sparse eyebrows, are what causes her to seem somewhat expressionless to you. Here's the same avatar, same facial shape wearing the Swirly skin shown in my post above, and then a selection of old, freebie Belleza skins. (Not sure when I got them, but this avatar is only 2 years old, so it wasn't that long ago.) There are a couple of these skins that I might use, but I'd tweak the face shape just a bit.

senramakeup.jpg

• Like 7

I'm not a make-up user in RL either, but I do tend to use it more in SL, although not to excess.  Of all those versions, the one that looks best to me is the second from the right.  I'm not a fan of dark lipsticks in RL but I find they work well in SL and I think that, in this case, it counteracts the slightly unnatural feel I find in the appearance of Jamie's mouth

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Possum888 said:

I'm not a make-up user in RL either, but I do tend to use it more in SL, although not to excess.  Of all those versions, the one that looks best to me is the second from the right.  I'm not a fan of dark lipsticks in RL but I find they work well in SL and I think that, in this case, it counteracts the slightly unnatural feel I find in the appearance of Jamie's mouth

Yes, the forced pout and resulting shadow (along with the inability to adjust the upper and lower lip proportions) are seriously annoying. Of the skins shown to the right of my ‘Korean’ avi, the last two are the ones I’d consider using.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing around with the Jamie avatar again on the Beta Grid. One thing I noticed is that when the avatar blinks, the lower edges of the eyebrows are pulled down with the eyelids as they close, so the eyebrows become noticeably thicker. In fact the momentary thickening of the eyebrows is as noticeable as the blinking. That doesn't happen on my system avatar!

Eyebrow Problem Senra.jpg

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2