How does your Senra look?

tako Absent

On 12/8/2023 at 12:31 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Those of you who are YOUNG (not in corporeal terms you understand but in pixel) won't remember when  we ONLY had flat feet.  Creative folks gave us fake feet and fake feet built into shoes, etc.  

If SENRA actually takes off to be a viable brand to create for, someone will repeat that process.  It still won't be perfect of course and that isn't the point of SENRA anyway.  

You can get some killer looks with flat boots and platforms.  ^^  And very cute sandals.  

I remember making my first pair of shoes. They looked like crap until I found out about shoe bases. Then they still looked like crap, but I had heels. \o/

I still need to play with these avis, because even if I don't use one on the regular it's still fun messing with things in my Library. And I do think they're neato, and a better start (these days) for people who are new to all of this.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Shape: Created by me, specifically for this forum thread

Poses: versuta - gift - blade

Skin: nuve - Luna skin Light - Genus (Nuve. Luna (Genus) Porcelain black brows)

Eyes: s h i m m - Eyes Applier / CLX SET II [ B O M ] group gift

Makeup: the horror! - Zeebat Eyeliner Set

moon shell - Lucy Winter Lipsticks BOM Snow Rabbit

lelutka - Unpack - ADDONS - LeLUTKA Classic BOM (f) (LeLUTKA.Blush.001)

Hair: magika - Adelaide Hair

Outfit: *avd* hawaii gift (bra - system shirt) - store closed

*avd* Look 1 (jeans - system pants) - store closed

Shoes: malified - StreetWear Boots - MAITREYA COPY MOD FATPACK Gift (includes alpha layer)

I had fun creating this shape and outfit look. :)

beauty dolls - senra forum shape - headshot_001.png

beauty dolls - senra forum shape - full front_001.png

beauty dolls - senra forum shape - full side_001.png

• Like 6

...Wearing :Senra Jamie Body & Head...  Feb 2024  Location Isle of view, Romantic Park its on the right side of the top of the heart on map and tp. 

jamiegirl123.thumb.png.8b2c30d974f04d8a67f2488ed4592516.png

jamie45.png.3908eb283b76a0517392d0d29c24df74.pngjamieyes.jpg.817ef74c8323dc59550af3856aacbf26.jpg

Senra Jamie Body & Head ( find in your inventory) 

Senra Jamie - eyes - light blue ( inventory comes with Jamie) 

Also don't forget to wear Senra Jamie nails  in inventory - nails so  those nail textures will show up on nails.

Little Black  Dress •Skin *LBD* Omega Skin Group Gift (Place Little Black Dress ) ( Skin inside classic works like bom has freckles skin)•At the in world store in basics and gift shop. 

Beauty mark by lips Chabada - Beauty spot (gift ! on marketplace)

Cosmopolitan Deep Red Lipstick ( Place New Resident Island in the lady's hair shop female skin and shape in the blue building first lipstick on the shelf to the right as you walk in.

Dime pieces ( DP ) Prim Lashes ( eyes and lashes wearing with out eyes ) Place New Resident Island same building lady hair and skin and  and shape. Right under the lip pictures box with the eyes and lashes.

( alaskametro-fallbeautybook-makeupset-TESTER) •alaskametro<3 Fall Beauty Book - eye shadow 2 FIT B On the marketplace •use the baked on mesh classic layers 9 click on eyes on poster when open to get them. Use the baked on mesh classic layers click on eyes on poster to open

•Analog dog AD hair base - copper ( Analog dog hairbases) • By the discount area to the right petites hairs. At the main store 

•Izzie's - Eyeliner & Eye Veins (BOM add-on for Closed Eyes)(Izzie's - Genus - Eyeliner (for Closed Eyes)Izzie's - Eye Veins (light) (for Closed Eyes)• use the genus one.  On marketplace 

•pantyhose from female avatar 3 annie (Central Park, Newbie friendly hangout

•Senra Jamie - eyebrows - tintable  ( in inventory with senra jamie things)•

alaskametro<3 "Basic Pack" nail applier TESTER | OMEGA applier | MAITREYA manicure + pedicure applier | Bakes-on-Mesh  on market place )•Nux/Senra   alaskametro<3 "Basic Pack" nails - manicure - 10 drk 

•Lilleth. FAST Dress - Senra Jamie•  at main store 

•{amiable}Valentine Holiday Shop and Hop Shoes(Jamie)• was limited time gift  but their are some other flats at the main store but wear with alpha try demos. Or wear flats from Central Park.  •{amiable} mainstore and Central Park lady's store  at Central Park, Newbie friendly hangout. London city has flats at mega freebie store you will need this Flats alpha for some flats if does have one.

•VESTA -  Elve Hat - Red• (Elve Hat) at the main store 

Alli&Ali •A&A Amaltheia Hair Variety Colors.• In the hair area  at PALOMMA PLAZA  new free dove 

•::Smexy:: Night Goddess BLACK Shawl Fitmesh [Blend]• ( ::Smexy:: Night Beach Goddess BLACK)  on marketplace

KUNGLERS - Amiri  v day gift KUNGLERS ( earrings) The earrings was limited gift. But there is a gift in main store called KUNGLERS - Group gift Dec 2023.  At main store. 

~HexPosed~ Spring Pose Set Update on marketplace 

Resize prim lashes had to make it smaller and had to rotate to fit them in the eyeliner line. 

eyebrow tint color for Jamie

rbg 

red 217

green 128

blue 33 

hue 31

sat 73

lum 49

shape by yours truly 

Eyebrow size 48 
eyebrow density  29 
eyebrow height 48 
eyebrow arc 52 
eyebrow points 33 

Body 100 
body thickness 43 
body fat 18 
hover height 50 
head size 84 
head stretch 33 
head shape 68 
egg head 60 
head length 
face sheer 50 
forehead angle 50 
brow size 40 
upper cheeks 81 
lover cheeks 50 
cheeks bones 44 
eyes size 65 
eye opening 64 
eye spacing 37 
outer eye corner 57 
inner eye corner 19 
eye depth 45 
upper eyelid fold 67 
eye bags 49 
puffy eyelids 9 
eyelash length 73 
eye pop 50 
ears size 34 
ear angle 25 
attached earlobes 0 
ear tips 12 
nose size 27 
nose width 13 
nostril width 55 
nostril division 46 
nose thickness 36 
upper bridge 56 
lower bridge 20 
bridge width 22 
nose tip angle  5 
nose tp shape 0 
crooked nose 50 
lip width 60 
lip fullness 61 
lip thickness 61 
lip ratio 65 
mouth position 35 
mouth corner 46 
left cleft depth 33 
lip cleft 100 
shift mouth 50 
chin angel 49 
jaw shape 56 
chin depth 16 
jaw angle 28 
jaw jut 49 
jowls 0 
chin cleft 0 
upper chin cleft 0 
chin-neck 25 
torso muscles 64 
neck thickness 42 
neck length 22 
shoulders 20 
breast size 62 
breast buoyancy 20 
breast cleavage 2 
arm length 81 
hand size 22 
torso length 41
love handles 29 
belly size 1 
legs muscle 98 
leg length 50 
hip width 64 
hip length 93 
butt size 54 
saddle bags 87 
knee angle 50 
foot size 0 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie can wear heels sculpt mesh feet come with shoes whatever kind of shoe of any occasion.A Alpha you wear with the feet shoes to hide the feet and use a transparent texture with the nail you edit and save to hide nails sticking out.  You can edit the feet to match up with the skin on the hud also if your wear tights match up to it. But I will need to edit the foot around the bottom of the leg so it fits well.  

jamiegirly.jpg.149a0febc45092dc9a9fccd2bbeb384e.jpg

*Patulas House Ribbon Heels (UPDATE 2017)  These feet with shoes have freckles/moles on skin with nail changer  hud and toe ring hud color change many styles of textures shoes to pick from. On marketplace

Orquidea Carolina - Red ( Flexy dress ) 3rd floor at  AJUDA SL BRASIL sim 
Matahari Ember Hair/Hibiscus. (Comes with hairbase )Resize. at  hair store 

*BABY*: FREE BOM Starry Night Blush - Berry (Barry Soft ) on market place 

Jamie - eyebrows - tintable 

Jamie tint brows 
rbg 
red 189 
green 0 
blue 0 
hue 0 
sat 100 
lum 37 

eyebrow size 48
eyebrow density 29
eyebrow height 48
eyebrow arc 52
eyebrow points 33
Height 100 

thickness 43
Body fat 18
Hover 50
Head Size 68
Head Stretch 18
Head shape 53
egghead 52
head length 55
face sheer 50
forehead angle 50
brow size 40
upper cheeks 81
lower cheeks 50
cheek bones 44
eye size 65
eye opening 64
eye spacing 37
outer eye corner 57
inner eye corner 19
eye depth  45
upper eyelid 67
eye bags 49
puffy eyelids 9
eyelash length  73
eye pop 50
ear size  30  
ear angle 100
attached earlobes 39
ear tips 25
nose width 2
nose width 2
nostril width 42
nostril division 46
nose thickness 22 upper bridge 58
lower bridge 20
bridge width 22
nose tip angle 5
nose tip shape  0
crooked nose 50
lip width 60
lip fullness 61
lip thickness 61
lip ratio 65
mouth positions 36
mouth corner 46
lip cleft depth 33
lip cleft 100
shift mouth 50
chin angle 19
jaw shape 56
chin depth 16
chin depth 16
jaw angle 28
jaw jut 49
jowls 0
chin cleft 0
upper cleft 0
upper chin cleft 0
chin neck 25
torso muscles 92
neck thickness 42
neck length 22
shoulders 33
breast size 63
breast buoyancy 63
breast cleavage 14
arm length 834
hand size 38
torso length 41
love handles 9
belly size 1
leg muscles 100
leg length 20
hip width 57
hip length 100
butt size 54
saddle bags 87
knee angle 50
foot size 0 girly 12.jpg

Edited by Adorarose Trueheart
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Y'all make me want to play a bit with Senra again! I sometimes like the older system looks and Senra seems to be the perfect body for looking retro, while being modern enough. Probably better and easier to work with than Ruth2/Roth2. I think Senra is lower complexity than Ruth, yeah?

• Like 2

Yes its fun for sure. I used a shape I made for my Lelutka head mixed and matched it worked well with Jamie's head and body. Laq , genus , classic layer makeup stuff works testing demos to see what fits.  For your own use you can edit senra skin like the old days so you add features from sliders from what great  that sl gives us. Many Classic stuff in inventory even works. 

Edited by Adorarose Trueheart
  • Like 2

After returning to SL after a long absence, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with upgrading to mesh, and for a couple of months, used a Belleza Jake body (for modern clothing compatibility) with a Senra Blake head, paired with my old prim hair, and an old Redgrave David skin (which I'd used for a long time on my system avatar):

image.thumb.jpeg.f2c93f73ee99af278ec3ebe7131fe89d.jpeg

Not a bad "transitional" avatar, I didn't think.

My only real complaints were the very almond-like shape (very narrow at the chin), and the lifeless expression that I could find no reliable way to animate. Regardless, using some Senra was a nice, affordable, and quick bridge to something more elaborate.

• Like 6

Okay, I couldn't resist trying out the experience. I attempted two versions; I'll share the next one later because it includes items I've had for a long time and aren't affordable for a newbie. The shape is the uncertain result of my tinkering; I didn't bother with the body, nails, etc., only the face and overall appearance. There's a possibility to add moles and freckles; there are many available on Marketplace, etc.

For the rest, we have:

Skin + mesh lashes + gloss

SPICE (taxi here)- Group freebies with 2 bom skin (group free to join)

Hair

FAGA- Yaina hairstyle - 1l$ on MP (Link here)

Dress

JELLYROLL - Ensemble pull Anna FATPACK with many textures - 1l$ on MP (this shop have casual outfits with alpha layers + hairs for 1l$. Good to start) (Link here)

Earrings

ROZOREGALIA - VINCA (freebie @valentine shop and hop)

Nails

.Tardfish.- Valentines day nails (freebie @valentine shop and hop)

Shoes

BELLE EPOQUE - Mina boots (old gift that is no longer available)

Snapshot_045.png

Snapshot_044.png

Edited by Anaryane
  • Like 7

To avoid any jealousy, here's my male version, which I haven't finished testing yet with free skins here and there. Isn't he handsome, this young man? I only show face and coat, I picked the beige jeans and black boots from Senra. The glasses and fedora are old gifts from the Bondi store for l'homme magazine. There's a slight flaw at the back between the coat and the pants when the avi moves, so that's something to improve. The store where the coat comes from has a nice pair of jeans, but the alpha also hides the feet, so it requires a lot of adjustments, and I'm somewhat lazy. ;)

So, here's what we have.

Skin :

Sweet's - Basic Male Skin classic style - You have différents versions so choose according to your taste ! - 1L$

Eyes :

Euphoric - Lola eyes - Free gift group gift  - 0L$

Hair & hairbase :

Modulus - Cole Hair -  Free group gift - 0L$ (the shop have a second free hair, bandana etc.)

Dura - Hairbase bom - Free Group gift - 0l$ (There's probably something better to match the hair color, I think.)

Coat

[sYs] CHESTER coat M (fitted & body mesh) - tweed 1L$ (Several nice, original clothes available as dollarbies for women & men)

Et voilà.

sacha2.png

sacha.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Anaryane said:

To avoid any jealousy, here's my male version, which I haven't finished testing yet with free skins here and there. Isn't he handsome, this young man?

Anaryane, really nice work with both your Senra avie posts, especially sticking with free or nearly-free options. It really does go to show you can do a lot with pretty much nothing, and I think it demonstrates nicely what I think Linden Labs itself was getting at with this project — something that sits in the middle between the old and commercially-available new, without unduly disrupting the business interests of the latter.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wesley Spengler said:

Anaryane, really nice work with both your Senra avie posts, especially sticking with free or nearly-free options. It really does go to show you can do a lot with pretty much nothing, and I think it demonstrates nicely what I think Linden Labs itself was getting at with this project — something that sits in the middle between the old and commercially-available new, without unduly disrupting the business interests of the latter.  

I think the avatar is mostly entertaining for SL veterans like us, rather than beginners, because we're accustomed to customizing, and it's fun. However, as has been said many times, by obtaining a free head and body (2l$ for both, see the Challenge Free Avi topic, i posted there too) or for the same price with a market flooded with clothes, skins, etc. designed for these faces and bodies, offering a wide range of styles and shapes (diversity, etc.), as well as the option to wear shoes with heels, etc., Senra doesn't measure up. Senra is suitable for exploring SL a bit, and certainly better than what we had ten years ago, but it felt like I was back to square one, and even then, the clothes don't fit the body perfectly, and flaws are visible. If you also need to resort to buying mesh bom feet, etc., even the nails were poorly considered... In short, it's too much complicated customization for a newcomer who doesn't necessarily want to think too much, just to have a pretty avi in SL because they've seen others with one and therefore feel tempted.

Furthermore, LL seems to be imposing limits on creators, and apparently, all creations must be submitted and validated with them. To the extent that some have created dev kits on their own to test things, I'm just saying, but I'm somewhat skeptical about this choice. However, I will continue to play with dolls and post my whims, but between a complete avi for 2l$ made better with an alpha hud, being able to wear everything as desired while enjoying freebies, and Senra paying for old clothes in dollarbies for less quality... I think the choice is quite clear.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

That is not true.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Senra_Body_SDK_License#5..09Technical_Support.

3.5 Inspection and Review. Upon completion of each Avatar Item, Licensee shall submit such Avatar Item to Linden Lab (in such form and format as Linden Lab may require) for review and approval upon Linden Lab’s request. Licensee shall fully cooperate with Linden Lab in the course of such review and approval, providing to Linden Lab such information and assistance as Linden Lab deems desirable.

Edited by Anaryane

6 minutes ago, Anaryane said:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Senra_Body_SDK_License#5..09Technical_Support.

3.5 Inspection and Review. Upon completion of each Avatar Item, Licensee shall submit such Avatar Item to Linden Lab (in such form and format as Linden Lab may require) for review and approval upon Linden Lab’s request. Licensee shall fully cooperate with Linden Lab in the course of such review and approval, providing to Linden Lab such information and assistance as Linden Lab deems desirable.

LL confirmed that just as it says, that is only on request, it would only be under certain circumstances that it would be required. It doesn't apply to people just making and selling Senra stuff for their stores.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

LL a confirmé que, comme il le dit, cela se fait uniquement sur demande, cela ne serait requis que dans certaines circonstances. Cela ne s'applique pas aux personnes qui fabriquent et vendent simplement des produits Senra pour leurs magasins.

Thank you for clarifying this, as I found it quite limiting.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 4:30 PM, Adorarose Trueheart said:

Yes its fun for sure. I used a shape I made for my Lelutka head mixed and matched it worked well with Jamie's head and body. Laq , genus , classic layer makeup stuff works testing demos to see what fits.  For your own use you can edit senra skin like the old days so you add features from sliders from what great  that sl gives us. Many Classic stuff in inventory even works. 

I was tempted to go to freebie galaxy too

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anaryane said:

I think the avatar is mostly entertaining for SL veterans like us, rather than beginners, because we're accustomed to customizing, and it's fun.

Well, you raise some good points there, honestly... Obviously, I can see this only through my own lens, and it served its purpose for me.

As for the onboarding process, it's always been (and continues to be) the subject of a lot of debate. I found the learning curve daunting in 2006, but given what I just went through the past two months, Senra or otherwise, I think it's ridiculously complicated these days. The Senra stuff is well-intentioned, and I still think it has its place. But yeah, I'm quite sure that it doesn't smooth the onboarding process in the least, and it might arguably make it worse.

22 minutes ago, Wesley Spengler said:

But yeah, I'm quite sure that it doesn't smooth the onboarding process in the least, and it might arguably make it worse.

I'd have to agree with you here.  I understand LL's thinking on the onboarding use of Senra.   It's how other games work with picking your initial character before entering the game. At least with the old "Pick an Avatar" there was NO customization option before log in.   The problem with SL is that after that initial customization, NOTHING else works like that.  There's no easy way to go back and choose another outfit for your Senra without learning how your inventory works and how to wear something.  If someone new thinks they can go back to the 'customize your avatar' page and easily change something, they're in for a surprise.

• Like 4