3 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

When you get your sl house just right,  except for one small item, go to adjust it...and accidentally delete your house instead of it.🤬

UGH! I've done that. Also have deleted the invisible prim that was put in the entire house when I was new. Too much work to try and put it back so I just started over. :(

2 hours ago, Robin Kiyori said:

When you get your sl house just right,  except for one small item, go to adjust it...and accidentally delete your house instead of it

I've done that before all i can say is i am very grateful for 0,0,0 rez rights and being able to restore to last position

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I've done that before all i can say is i am very grateful for 0,0,0 rez rights and being able to restore to last position

I've never had the 0,0,0 rights and being able to restore to last position, but after the first or second or third time of accidently deleting my house, now, as soon as I get a house positioned where I want it, I create a NC with either the rez box position or (if not rezzed with a rez box) the rez position of the house.  I've had to use the created NC a few times, and it saved a lot of headache getting the house back exactly. 

• Like 4

On 6/4/2021 at 8:05 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

This isn't a "Pet Peeve" thread. It's a "let's make a passive aggressive" comment" about another thread instead of just putting it IN that thread itself. We could just change the title to the "unofficial snark thread"

You appear to be making passive-aggressive comments about another thread. Shhh, I won't tell!

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 5:31 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

UGH! I've done that. Also have deleted the invisible prim that was put in the entire house when I was new. Too much work to try and put it back so I just started over. :(

Like adjusting a club building before a show and accidentally nuking it.

On 6/4/2021 at 8:05 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

This isn't a "Pet Peeve" thread. It's a "let's make a passive aggressive" comment" about another thread instead of just putting it IN that thread itself. We could just change the title to the "unofficial snark thread"

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You appear to be making passive-aggressive comments about another thread. Shhh, I won't tell!

I find it all rather confusing as I was sure the initial poster was speaking about herself in a third person narrative. Wouldn't it be presumptuous to suppose she was speaking of another when she neither names nor quotes an actual third party?

27 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I find it all rather confusing as I was sure the initial poster was speaking about herself in a third person narrative. Wouldn't it be presumptuous to suppose she was speaking of another when she neither names nor quotes an actual third party?

You had to be on at the time. :) That's ok. I get it that the mean girls have to have somewhere to vent their frustrations since they would probably get slapped in RL. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You had to be on at the time. :) That's ok. I get it that the mean girls have to have somewhere to vent their frustrations since they would probably get slapped in RL. 

Well by "initial poster" I was making the assumption it was about this post.

SL land sellers who don't seem to understand that a parcel is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. Sitting on parcels (for literal years) isn't a business, it's speculative greed that almost never pays off.

Horizons is worse for this .. There is a feedback loop in place where land owners shuffle parcels between themselves as price continually escalates. The get out of bed price is now over L$100K and with plenty well over L$250K (and beyond!).

A high percentage of parcels owned by land sellers aren't (and have never been) listed for sale. They are intentionally holding them back to keep pumping the price tag of the land that is up for sale.

I wish LL would add more Horizons regions - People actually want to live here .. just not at 6 figures for a double prim 1024.

</rant>

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

SL land sellers who don't seem to understand that a parcel is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. Sitting on parcels (for literal years) isn't a business, it's speculative greed that almost never pays off.

Horizons is worse for this .. There is a feedback loop in place where land owners shuffle parcels between themselves as price continually escalates. The get out of bed price is now over L$100K and with plenty well over L$250K (and beyond!).

A high percentage of parcels owned by land sellers aren't (and have never been) listed for sale. They are intentionally holding them back to keep pumping the price tag of the land that is up for sale.

I wish LL would add more Horizons regions - People actually want to live here .. just not at 6 figures for a double prim 1024.

</rant>

And people wonder why I get oh so irritated when it is suggested that those who do not like the new (pretend) LH Continent's Covenant "simply" go an rent an Island Parcel or go grab a plot on traditional Mainland .....

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

</rant>

I was out looking today.  There was one 4x protected selling for 179000L.  Another, not so protected selling for 500000L.  Just in the time since I got mine in November 2020, prices have gone through the roof.   I didn't pay anywhere near that and mine is on a corner.  It's really a nice place to live and they should have more places like it available.  If you could only abandon your parcel like on Belli and then LL would put it back up for sale perhaps at 2x the usual rate for mainland?  I don't know what would keep it from being crazy expensive like it is now.  I'll be holding on to mine until I die.