looking for a few new-er residents

Grumpity Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

This is pretty unofficial, but I'd like to chat to a few people who've joined SL in the last 3-4 years or less. It's pretty impressive and telling, that by SL standards 3-4 years is new, but there you have it.  We're working on a more formal survey, but our chat would help us shape those questions. 

If you're open to talk, please drop me a line IW or here. Thanks!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

i think people in the account age range are worth talking too

The question being: What is it about the last 3-4 years in SL that has helped these newish people to decide to continue to log in and contribute to the world ? Remembering that it was about 4 years ago that the month on month decline in tier revenue was halted and stabilised. What part have these newish people played in this stabilisation (a part which is easily quantifiable), but more importantly, why ? Answers to the why, gives qualitative info which can be viewed more rigorously as the info sits on top of quantifiable data

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

i think people in the account age range are worth talking too

The question being: What is it about the last 3-4 years in SL that has helped these newish people to decide to continue to log in and contribute to the world ? Remembering that it was about 4 years ago that the month on month decline in tier revenue was halted and stabilised. What part have these newish people played in this stabilisation (a part which is easily quantifiable), but more importantly, why ? Answers to the why, gives qualitative info which can be viewed more rigorously as the info sits on top of quantifiable data

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with all the oldbies keeping the lights on...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Honestly it's not the age of the avatar but the login time that would be beneficial. You can have a 15 year old avatar but that doesn't matter much if you have only logged in to play a handful of times. On the other hand an avatar that is 3-4 years or even 1 year old that logs in every day and plays many hours could have valuable information for Linden Labs.  Then again I don't know what information they are trying to gather.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Honestly it's not the age of the avatar but the login time that would be beneficial. You can have a 15 year old avatar but that doesn't matter much if you have only logged in to play a handful of times. On the other hand an avatar that is 3-4 years or even 1 year old that logs in every day and plays many hours could have valuable information for Linden Labs.  Then again I don't know what information they are trying to gather.

Given the things they've been working on recently and the age limit, it's a reasonable guess that this is about the new user experience. They'd want people who've experienced the current system, without having any previous Second Life experience.

If nobody sees it here, I know there are a bunch of newer people in the Bellisseria Citizens group, as I've talked a few through the basics.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.