What do you think of Mark Zuckerberg?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Didn't he call his early users dumb? :o I don't really think about him...I find FB very boring and hard to navigate, but I can't persuade family members to quit it...

Did you know, he is being sued by a cryptocurrency developer called Internet Computer...they say he stole their logo for Meta! xD

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rat Luv said:

Didn't he call his early users dumb? :o I don't really think about him...I find FB very boring and hard to navigate, but I can't persuade family members to quit it...

Did you know, he is being sued by a cryptocurrency developer called Internet Computer...they say he stole their logo for Meta! xD

Haha didn't know about all that! Good luck getting them to quit, though!

• Like 1

He's another billionaire aberration of a flawed economic system who wields immense power with no accountability. His company makes a joke of anyone's right to privacy and has significant blood on its hands. He's personally manipulative at national and institutional levels, acts with impunity, and is quite possible one of the most destructive individuals on the planet.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

He's another billionaire aberration of a flawed economic system who wields immense power with no accountability. His company makes a joke of anyone's right to privacy and has significant blood on its hands. He's personally manipulative at national and institutional levels, acts with impunity, and is quite possible one of the most destructive individuals on the planet.

Sounds good, what would you have done differently?

• Haha 1

Zuckerberg is typically somebody who got into the money with a brilliant idea and now thinks that he has become some kind of an overlord who know best and all about everything. This is pretty common among rich people. There are dozens of examples: Trump, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Musk, Gates, you all can lengthen that list easily.
It seems that's what great economic success does with people at the top.

What I find scaring, is that a handful of companies (Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter) have access to an awful lot of detailed information about almost every bodies personal life, Internet and consumer behavior. And I think they know far more than we expect them to know.
Their algorithms can most likely calculate how your new car will exactly look (color.price range, brand, options) before you even think about replacing your current one.

• Like 4

Umm ... Senator ... I don't really know much about this Mark Zuckerberg. Senator, I also don't know Mark Zuckerberg personally, but ... Senator ... I can assure you that if I had something to think about this Mark Zuckerberg ... Senator, I am sure I would tell you in a truthful and honest way. Thank you for your time Senator.

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

What I find scaring, is that a handful of companies (Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter) have access to an awful lot of detailed information about almost every bodies personal life, Internet and consumer behavior. And I think they know far more than we expect them to know.
Their algorithms can most likely calculate how your new car will exactly look (color.price range, brand, options) before you even think about replacing your current one.

it even goes further;

they know you better than yourself, since they dont have to battle your ego

*imo: there should be a law for deleting all data not explicitly saved by the user

Also mis-information / fake news knowingly spread by facebook has affected elections all over the world, even started civil wars (lets not forget pizzagate / Qanon)

Zuckerberg and cohorts are IMO pure Evil

Edited by SalvadorNL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Zuckerberg is typically somebody who got into the money with a brilliant idea and now thinks that he has become some kind of an overlord who know best and all about everything. This is pretty common among rich people. There are dozens of examples: Trump, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Musk, Gates, you all can lengthen that list easily.
It seems that's what great economic success does with people at the top.

To be fair to them the MeMeMeeja! companies (aka press) all tell them this is what they should believe.   They also tell pilockticians the same lie, and they believe it too.

Me, I think they should all be aborted now, before they come to term.  But I doubt the US Supreme Court would agree, since Trump bought it.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'll start this discussion by saying I think the way he got his start was kinda sleazy...he made a website comparing the looks of his college classmates. That site was the precursor to his most famous creation: Facebook.

Didn't he "steal" the original idea from the college partners who helped come up with it, etc.?  That's what I remember reading.  Too lazy to google. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.