What do you think of Mark Zuckerberg?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Didn't he call his early users dumb? :o I don't really think about him...I find FB very boring and hard to navigate, but I can't persuade family members to quit it...

Actually, he referred to his users in a published interview as "dumb f*&ks" for trusting him with all the data FB users keep handing over. And if you think success hasn't amplified that feeling, I have a bridge to sell you.

I find him one of the most revolting, narcissistic, unempathic, and dangerous bro-jerks in the entire world. I wouldn't even shake his hand for a million dollars, I despise him and his ilk that much. Very little sets me to anger mode, but he does (along with Thiel, Musk, and Bezos).

@Coffee Pancake's earlier post pretty much sums up my feelings, far more eloquently than I can.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Actually, he referred to his users in a published interview as "dumb f*&ks" for trusting him with all the data FB users keep handing over. And if you think success hasn't amplified that feeling, I have a bridge to sell you.

Do you not trust our tech overlords?

Data Broker Is Selling Location Data of People Who Visit Abortion Clinics
It costs just over $160 to get a week's worth of data on where people who visited Planned Parenthood came from, and where they went afterwards.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7vzjb/location-data-abortion-clinics-safegraph-planned-parenthood

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On next weeks Show, we'll either be serving up Bezozs or Sorrow or however you spell those jerky guys names..

So Stay tuned next week here at, WHO's That Guy!! Where there is bound to be much  more thrilling fun and laughter, action and things N stuff!! \o/

* Ceka pushes theme song button*

hehehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

America: Support the little guy!

Also America: The little guy got too big, tear him down!

There's a good portion of the US that doesn't even root for the underdog anymore -- they value power no matter how it's obtained.

Sure, there are people who only hate the wealthy or those with high status because they're jealous and only wish to be in their position. But many are not jealous wannabe millionaires, rather they are concerned about the behavior of individuals who wield such power as they see the potential they have in making the world a better place -- they value those who are more altruistic and less self-centered.

• Like 1

My view of Zuckerberg is not a great one, he built a tool that could be easily exploited and weaponized that is causing havoc throughout the world.  With use of algorithms meant that misinformation could be pushed as the algorithms favored reactions that resulted in fear and hatred, and as such have been one of the tools used for fear and hatred.  I witnessed people I had known since my childhood transform before my eyes, as they slowly drugged themselves with his poison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Didn't he "steal" the original idea from the college partners who helped come up with it, etc.?  That's what I remember reading.  Too lazy to google. 

Well, I remember watching about that from the movie "The Social Network" about Zuckerberg and Facebook's founding...a quick wikipedia search also mentions this.

• Like 2

There's a movie called Social Dilemma that came out awhile back.  Tells how Freakbook uses manipulation to keep people tow.

I never did FB and never will.  Some are surprised when I tell them I'm not on it when they ask to friend me. I'd like to see FB go the way of the dodo bird.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My dogs would probably think he tastes like chicken, so they wouldn't think much of him other than tasting like most everyone else..

They like beef much more though.. Lucky we don't taste like beef..:ph34r:

You are making me hungry.

6A188CF3-6F48-4601-8B18-2FB67665B529.jpeg.685891058c10f1c656d530013f810808.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 9:54 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Isn't Zuck a redhead?  They don't have souls, right? Unless I am confusing redheads with albinos..

Hey! Pale-skinned redhead here!

...spins and stomps off in a huff, making sure one of the stomps lands on your tail.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

I found almost all my old highsschool friend,  that lost connect for years

Did that once .. I have never been so disappointed is so many people before in my life. The same people, doing the same things with the same groups in the same places with the same attitudes and prejudices as they had decades ago. A complete and willful disregard for all life beyond their doorsteps coupled with a zero personal growth of any kind.

The few of us that escaped aren't to be found on facebook.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Did that once .. I have never been so disappointed is so many people before in my life. The same people, doing the same things with the same groups in the same places with the same attitudes and prejudices as they had decades ago. A complete and willful disregard for all life beyond their doorsteps coupled with a zero personal growth of any kind.

The few of us that escaped aren't to be found on facebook.

idk what you mean.

I just hear people said there are data leak , and these data use for election or something likethat

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.