This is soo disapointing.

Zzevir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's Saturday morning still on holiday.  Why not log in Sl, do a bit of a teleport around find random ppl to chat. this is what happened.

And that's why I don't log in as much as I used to.

[01:17] Sandbox Cleans every 3 hours. No Combat. No Selling., Sandbox Island (TG) (211, 142, 27):
[01:18] Moose Beach Infohub, Moose Beach (76, 55, 23):
[01:19] Nova Albion Infohub - Miramare, Miramare (7, 23, 26):
[01:21] Welcome Area, Morris (2, 247, 40):
[01:23] Gulf of Lauren, Landres (52, 178, 22):
[01:25] Zzevir: is somebody home?
[01:26] Unique View, Ambat (163, 115, 46):
[01:26] Ben-go! (only works on the ground): You aren't the owner
[01:27] Zzevir: hello
[01:28] Zzevir: I'm guessing everybody a bot here
[01:28] Zzevir: is a
[01:29] Hyles Swamp Infohub by Kim Anubis & Friends, Hyles (41, 31, 23):
[01:30] Zzevir: well, well, well another bunch of bots
[01:30] Zzevir: nothing surprising
[01:31] Temple of Iris - Linden Historical Site, Iris (201, 120, 30):
[01:32] Zzevir: if you are a bot put your hands down.
[01:33] Zzevir: that was what I expected.
[01:33] 2022-03-03 : Abandoned Land, Aglia (152, 33, 34):
[01:34] slbots, Arches (223, 157, 276):
[01:36] 2022-02-08 : Abandoned Land, Bloomfield (250, 213, 278):
[01:36] 2021-12-02 : Abandoned Land, Gioacchini (250, 210, 49):
[01:38] 2021-05-07 : Abandoned Land, Scurfield (135, 58, 122):
[01:38] .::Bella Pointe::. http://www.mybellapointe.com/support/, Ranchero (137, 121, 41):
[01:39] Zzevir: nope
[01:39] 2021-11-27 : Abandoned Land, Gyaltsen (50, 62, 55):
[01:40] Moose Beach Infohub, Moose Beach (76, 55, 23):

And then I gave up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

There is nobody online on demand or on fixed places.
Landmarks change fast. Places where the action is as well.
You might try the destination guide or the event section here on the forums to see where you have a fair chance to meet avatars with a human behind the keyboard.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Odaks said:

I never fail to be highly amused when somebody arrives at a site, finds nobody there, moans to themselves, "There's never anyone here!"...

... and leaves!

Well, the issue with those is that the bot-spots tend to be a laggy mess due to all the "people" who aren't actually there...

And AFK bots tend to be *heavily* scripted with all the "interactivity" features for "adult" things.

So, yes, I definitely leave if the room is full of AFKers.

Almost as fast as when I get an immediate "hru babygirl" from three people, none of which can be bothered to even spell it out, when I land XD

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NanashiNyx said:

Well, the issue with those is that the bot-spots tend to be a laggy mess due to all the "people" who aren't actually there...

And AFK bots tend to be *heavily* scripted with all the "interactivity" features for "adult" things.

Just to clarify - I was referring to parcels with nobody there at all; no bots, AFKers or terdburgers. So, "the issue with those" had nothing to do with that sort of thing. I fully agree with you, though; they're all very good reasons for leaving.

(I might have spelt something wrong there - just in case.)

48 minutes ago, Odaks said:

I never fail to be highly amused when somebody arrives at a site, finds nobody there, moans to themselves, "There's never anyone here!"...

... and leaves!

yes.  Is best to park up somewhere and when somebody turns up then say: Hi! Sometimes get nothing and sometimes the person goes OMG!! A live person! and then you say: I been sit here wait for you Zzevir. And Zzevir will go: nuuuu! And I will go: you are totes pwnd kekehehe

😸

ps. I don't do as much wall sitting as I used too. But is quite fun to do. Sometimes other people will jump on the wall beside you for a time and have a chat. Can get some funny things happening sometimes as well, when we are happy to sit and wait for the world to come to us

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1am Saturday morning? Not really surprised. The grid is quiet everywhere until around 10am-noon SLT, when it reaches evening in Europe and the Europeans start logging in.  I use that time for solo activities - event planning, taking photos, shopping etc.  I don't start social activities until later.

• Like 2

You may wish to remove the names of other avatars from that chat log you posted.

Except for the purpose of reporting abuse or any violation of policies to Linden Lab, the remote monitoring, posting or sharing of conversations without a participant’s consent are prohibited.

1 minute ago, Kyle Blackwood said:

You may wish to remove the names of other avatars from that chat log you posted.

Except for the purpose of reporting abuse or any violation of policies to Linden Lab, the remote monitoring, posting or sharing of conversations without a participant’s consent are prohibited.

There aren't any other avatars in that conversation. That was the whole point of Zzev's complaint.  (that Ben-go! thing appears to be a scripted object).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StarlanderGoods said:

Have you tried going to places where there is people?

Don't be silly!  If I tped around to random places, (let's face it, there are literally 1000s of places in SL) I'd probably see very few people.  When I hit places from the destination guide, it's usually to take pictures so less people is better.  If I'm looking to socialize, I have a dozen or so places tucked in my favorites folder that I track.  

People have been whining about this since I started.  The funniest are people who come to a busy place where few are chatting in local, declare we are all bots then leave.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

It's looking like the OP decided to teleport to places that had clusters of green dots on the map.

In order to produce clusters of green dots, some unscrupulous places run bot farms.

Which suggests that teleporting around looking for clusters of green dots on the map when looking for human companionship is not only ineffective but counterproductive.

• Like 3

@Zzevir Is is a common complaint for the new and those unfamiliar with SL.

There are currently 27.4k regions in SL. The time of day you were on is about 2:30 AMSLT. This is the peek low time of the day or the time when the fewest users are signed into SL. Typically around 30k concurrent users. The peek or max users online is about 3PMSLT. There will be between 45k and 55k concurrent users depending on the day of the week.

In the viewer there is a feature labeled Destination Guide. There is also a web version of the guide. In the viewer there is a section of the guide titled What's Hot Now. Regions with near 25 people are listed. The Firestorm Viewer has popular places on their splash screen. As I write there are 8 places listed with 71 to 32 people hanging out.

One can open the viewer's World Map (Ctrl-M) and look for green dots. Those represent people in the region. They are often difficult to find when TPing to the region as the map only provides ground level entry. Regions are ground to 4k meters altitude and those dot people are spread through that 3D space.

It is NOT hard to find people. But, failing to apply some THOUGHT to the process yields the results you got. 27.4k regions each with 262,144,000m3of space provides an area to be searched of 7,182,745,600,000 or 7 trillion cubic meters. With maybe 40k people online on average there is one person in every 180 million m3... and you are pouting because you didn't find any one. O.o DUH!

You can be forgiven as most online multiplayer games jam everyone into a tiny space. Most people arrive here and fail to grasp SL is a virtual WORLD and HUGE.

Nex time avoid the random search and apply some thought and use the tools provided.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zzevir said:

It's Saturday morning still on holiday.  Why not log in Sl, do a bit of a teleport around find random ppl to chat. this is what happened.

And that's why I don't log in as much as I used to.

[01:17] Sandbox Cleans every 3 hours. No Combat. No Selling., Sandbox Island (TG) (211, 142, 27):
[01:18] Moose Beach Infohub, Moose Beach (76, 55, 23):
[01:19] Nova Albion Infohub - Miramare, Miramare (7, 23, 26):
[01:21] Welcome Area, Morris (2, 247, 40):
[01:23] Gulf of Lauren, Landres (52, 178, 22):
[01:25] Zzevir: is somebody home?
[01:26] Unique View, Ambat (163, 115, 46):
[01:26] Ben-go! (only works on the ground): You aren't the owner
[01:27] Zzevir: hello
[01:28] Zzevir: I'm guessing everybody a bot here
[01:28] Zzevir: is a
[01:29] Hyles Swamp Infohub by Kim Anubis & Friends, Hyles (41, 31, 23):
[01:30] Zzevir: well, well, well another bunch of bots
[01:30] Zzevir: nothing surprising
[01:31] Temple of Iris - Linden Historical Site, Iris (201, 120, 30):
[01:32] Zzevir: if you are a bot put your hands down.
[01:33] Zzevir: that was what I expected.
[01:33] 2022-03-03 : Abandoned Land, Aglia (152, 33, 34):
[01:34] slbots, Arches (223, 157, 276):
[01:36] 2022-02-08 : Abandoned Land, Bloomfield (250, 213, 278):
[01:36] 2021-12-02 : Abandoned Land, Gioacchini (250, 210, 49):
[01:38] 2021-05-07 : Abandoned Land, Scurfield (135, 58, 122):
[01:38] .::Bella Pointe::. http://www.mybellapointe.com/support/, Ranchero (137, 121, 41):
[01:39] Zzevir: nope
[01:39] 2021-11-27 : Abandoned Land, Gyaltsen (50, 62, 55):
[01:40] Moose Beach Infohub, Moose Beach (76, 55, 23):

And then I gave up.

Oh I remember it well. The loneliness!

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

yes.  Is best to park up somewhere and when somebody turns up then say: Hi! Sometimes get nothing and sometimes the person goes OMG!! A live person! and then you say: I been sit here wait for you Zzevir. And Zzevir will go: nuuuu! And I will go: you are totes pwnd kekehehe

😸

ps. I don't do as much wall sitting as I used too. But is quite fun to do. Sometimes other people will jump on the wall beside you for a time and have a chat. Can get some funny things happening sometimes as well, when we are happy to sit and wait for the world to come to us

This is an amazing idea!

It would be amazing if LL were to make everyone log in at the same place where we could all see each other and know we all exist instead of just logging into our own remote bubbles. I hope no one in LL tries to steal this idea and pretend it's their own...

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I made a club.

Whenever I visit no one is there.

LL SUCK

Heh, I made one, the traffic metrics said I had about 1500 avatars coming through it but I found people who responded when you said "hello" were probably about 1% of the avatars who would land and not just stand there silently ignoring nearby chat before going elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The majority of social interactions I've had in SL, is when I am trying to earn a few linden via games.  The conversation is very superficial, usually just a few jokes here and there, with no attachments and that is how I like it when I do feel like being social.  I do get the occasional "hello" while I am wandering, but it is pretty rare and when it happens I find the conversation is a bit awkward, mostly because I'm awkward 😝

When I am earning linden, it is usually just people that are bored, trying to pass away the time while they compete against one another or try to earn a few lindens.  

I do receive a plethora of notifications from groups holding events, usually I get one every few hours.  I'm sure if I wanted to get involved with them, there would be plenty of things to talk about.  Even as an socially awkward and avoidant person, this place is filled with others to talk with.  If you want to be social, I'm sure there are plenty of groups out there that would gladly take you or anyone, especially if you share the same hobbies as them.  The places the groups belong to are not always going to be full of people, you have to wait for their events to occur, and in the meantime you can participate in their group chat or discord.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1

I always look for the beaches when I'm looking for a crowd..

Just type beach in the search and go down the list.. There are a few good ones on the first couple of pages..

Just read the descriptions before going, just to know what kind of beach you might be landing in.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

I think half of the problem is that people expect everything to be made and complete for them including social encounters and friends. SL does not work that way even like RL. You must make your own experiences in happiness like with most things created in SL. The  'real' social and friends will come after eventually in places you didn't expect.

• Like 10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.