This is soo disapointing.

Zzevir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I gave up on the destination guide in my first month because traffic means one bot says hello and the other suggests you tip the DJ , and no traffic means empty sim .

Instead i used to TP to favorites listed in other peoples profiles and you will find 1 in every 10 places still actually exists

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The best way I've found to meet people is to find a club that has regular events which they advertise in their club group.  Join the group, attend regularly and participate in local chat. If there is no local chat going on, start some.  Once you get known as a regular visitor, then people will chat with you.

For example. the parties in Bellisseria are active and chatty with no bots, and you do not have to be a Bellisseria resident to attend them.

• Like 6

On 3/12/2022 at 7:13 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Don't be silly!  If I tped around to random places, (let's face it, there are literally 1000s of places in SL) I'd probably see very few people.  When I hit places from the destination guide, it's usually to take pictures so less people is better.  If I'm looking to socialize, I have a dozen or so places tucked in my favorites folder that I track.  

People have been whining about this since I started.  The funniest are people who come to a busy place where few are chatting in local, declare we are all bots then leave.

People complaining that others not talking to them must be bots are like guys complaining that girls who are not interested in them must be guys IRL or lesbians. 

• Like 8

On 3/12/2022 at 11:42 PM, NanashiNyx said:

Heh, I made one, the traffic metrics said I had about 1500 avatars coming through it but I found people who responded when you said "hello" were probably about 1% of the avatars who would land and not just stand there silently ignoring nearby chat before going elsewhere.

That would be me, standing there, ignoring local chat and then leaving. I hate SL clubs.  🐢

• Like 1

Places that are usually always busy....

London City

Muddy's

NCI Kuula

Secret Beach

Big Daddy's

Fogbound Blues

Tag Dancing

TnT Greedy game sim 

Wildcat Country club

If you use Firestorm, top left, click World then Destinations. It has a What's hot now, will give you some places that have been busy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Cali Souther said:

Beware ... just because a place has 30 avatars does NOT mean people will be friendly or chat with you.   

Because 90% of them are AFK and have an auto-response set, while they play a more interesting game in another window or watch a video.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Randall Ahren said:

Because 90% of them are AFK and have an auto-response set, while they play a more interesting game in another window or watch a video.

I honestly don't find this to be true most places I go.  It's rare that I message someone and get no response.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, blissfulbreeze said:

Places that are usually always busy....

London City

Muddy's

NCI Kuula

Secret Beach

Big Daddy's

Fogbound Blues

Tag Dancing

TnT Greedy game sim 

Wildcat Country club

If you use Firestorm, top left, click World then Destinations. It has a What's hot now, will give you some places that have been busy. 

I second Muddy's if you're looking for someone to talk to, that club is usually a good start. London City is kinda cliquey if that kind of thing bothers you.

22 minutes ago, Randall Ahren said:

thats-me.gif

Except I don't have auto-response. I don't like it.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, purrrkitten said:

That's not really true.

thats true,

especially male noobs avatar .

when I walk with my patner, she get tons Im, while noone Im me . 😂ut london cty, I was there for long time, and lol noone Im me, yes itry im some, get bad response and I stop im people there, I did used to park avatar there and work on other tab.

when I have partner and she come there, she make somefriends there, .

😅

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2022 at 8:10 AM, cunomar said:

I gave up on the destination guide in my first month because traffic means one bot says hello and the other suggests you tip the DJ , and no traffic means empty sim .

Instead i used to TP to favorites listed in other peoples profiles and you will find 1 in every 10 places still actually exists

in club I found one person  run more than one avatar, they are bussy , they focus to run the club.

I always found, from my guessing, some dj run the host aswell, so 2 ava run by 1 people. they use some script to greet you

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Ahren said:

Yes, and if it continue ,it's going to become "Such was SL."

I hate to break it to you .. but it's been like this for the last 10 years and as time passes it gets worse and worse.

It used to be you couldn't multi task SL with other apps or games, with modern computers .. SL uses less ram than Chrome, a single CPU core and aside from vram barely gets a graphics card out of bed. It's very happy to play second fiddle to almost any game.

With content creation happening out of SL (blender), community happening out of SL (discord) and our eyes on literally anything else. The bulk of people log in, stand in a location / near a person relevant to their interests, and ignore SL completely till they get a poke.

Everyone is waiting for that poke, and no one is busy in IM like we have been pretending for years. If you're ever tempted to assume a crowd are all actually in IM, try asking .. a couple of people will say "no .. not really", most wont say anything as they aren't even seeing local chat. Being on SL and not in SL is baked into everything and everywhere. There is nothing to do because so few people are willing to put the time in to participate in anything.

AFK sex places should have been a pretty big hint things were going badly, if you don't even need to pay attention to SL for virtual nookie, what else can possibly get people's attention.

SL, for the most part, is a ghost town populated by actual ghosts.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Randall Ahren said:

It's boring to log into a game where most people are AFK. The SL population is declining and that type of behavior is going to accelerate the decline. It's more interesting to post in the forums than go in-world.

Not everyone comes on SL to socialize. It's the world's biggest dress up and decoration game.

Edited by purrrkitten
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

An AFK one at that !

SL .. a worse wallpaper engine.

some  my male friend , tell me that  , sex sim is to find other female , with same interest. not to socialize because mostly are alts there.

example T****e of Co***r sim.

yes I did explore for my first day and found mostly alt male avatar there, and bunch of female standing . its like meeting place for peoples with same interest.

mybpartner ask me why I m not more socialize, I told her, what can I said, most male here looking for girl not male friend. and if they wont talk about rl, mostly talks about sex sims 🤣

5 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Everyone is waiting for that poke, and no one is busy in IM like we have been pretending for years.....

SL, for the most part, is a ghost town populated by actual ghosts.

My experience is not like that at all.

Sure it can be, if I just rely on the Destination Guide or Search to find something to do. But if I'm visiting one of my regular clubs or parties during an actual event, everyone is active in local chat and no-one is a bot. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

If people just want mindless conversation, it is pretty easy to come into on SL.  If you want to extremely meaningful long winded conversations that border on something you would expect to have with someone that has spent years studying any field regarding the topic at hand, well you are going to be SOL.  Hop into a group, such as Bellisserian Citizens and say hi, and remain relatively tame to the point people feel relaxed to talk with you.  

If you are wandering around random places, and start pushing conversation on random strangers, I would imagine a lot of them are going to feel a little timid by the strange person talking with them and wonder what their angle is.  No one is owed a conversation with others, just as no one is required to reply to this post.  

Edit:
What I am saying is, start small.. don't expect much from others.  Don't put many demands on others, let them approach any conversation at their own pace and comfort, if no one replies then that is fine - no one should be expected to reply.  I say this from a perspective where people have initiated conversations with me, and I did not meet their expectations and they let me know it.  Typically, I would be expected to fill a role I did not feel comfortable filling.  I imagine I am not the only one to have experienced this, and am a bit precautious now.. people can get pretty intense. 

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

If you are wandering around random places, and start pushing conversation on random strangers, I would imagine a lot of them are going to feel a little timid by the strange person talking with them and wonder what their angle is.  No one is owed a conversation with others, just as no one is required to reply to this post.  

This. Especially if you are male and the avatar you're trying to talk to is female. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.