What would you do if Linden Lab took away your legs and everything below your waist?

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Based on the intro video for Horizon World, women have no breasts either -- though a few of their other videos do give some hints at breasts being there.

So, it would seem that they are working on dehumanizing us all?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-09/a-new-study-finds-evidence-of-blatant-dehumanization-toward-certain-racial-groups

No, not attempting to start a political discussion, just making a point. Sanitizing and dehumanizing isn't going to work in the long term and any short-term benefits do not justify the means. Or the ends.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Creators would somehow create a mesh lower body market with 13 different choices for women. Men...sorry fellas....your market will only have three.

I don't know why you're assuming we would get 3. We would be lucky to get 1. A year or so later.

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You should take that to twitter or better yet facebook and say, pfft second life has been doing it for years already.. Then post that image. hehehehe

Now THIS is the perfect Online dating... Ahhh so romantic. i like it.

Screenshot_2021-11-13_11-50-51.thumb.png.fd7bcb08495dc845784ccd2227fe5cd4.png

• Haha 4

The technical excuses they're giving ("Legs are too hard to animate") don't hold water. SL's been doing it since before there were even avatars. The "primitar" had animated legs.

Many, including me, have opined that the legless avatars in the Zuckerverse are a conscious decision to eliminate the possibility of online sex. I now think that, while this is the second-level rationale, the real motivation is much more fundamental:

Mark Zuckerberg is asexual. And since HE doesn't see the need for it, he figures nobody else needs it either.

Oh...I forgot the original point of this thread. What if SL did away with legs?

1. About 99% of the user base would eliminate their upper halves from SL as well.
  2. Zuck would buy SL and then bury the corpse.
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.