Location location location

rasterscan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Which of these following three statements applies mostly to you, and why ?

1 - I only want a place in Belliseria

2 - I only want a place on Mainland

3 - I want a place on Mainland AND I want a place in Belliseria and I shall have it.

Me ? I'm a 3

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 4

For me it's mostly, like 95%, Mainland only. I love my mainland and wouldn't ever let it go except under very dire circumstances. Bellisseria is to me a bit of a curiosity, and my premium alt currently has one just because I wanted to have a go with the Fantasy homes, but of the other themes only the Stilts really appeals to me at all. My alt has actually claimed at least one of each of everything just to get the content packs, but only held on to a stilt and a fantasy for any more than a day.

You missed out a few options though;

4. I want only Estate/private land

5. I want X or Y or Z but can't have them for whatever reason

• Like 4

Funny thing is, all those private estates have covenants but living on them for years its pretty safe to say none of them are upheld. Land Barons don't do a weekly or monthly sweep for privacy screens and banlines and its just like living on mainland but with restrictions (I like to follow the rules if there are any.)

So a couple years ago I made the move to mainland and I am very happy with that.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I'm definitely a 4 and 1 combination.
Now if I only found the rightly positioned home in Bellisseria.

Yes, I have a Log home in Bellisseria and a 1/4 sim on a private estate

47 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Funny thing is, all those private estates have covenants but living on them for years its pretty safe to say none of them are upheld. Land Barons don't do a weekly or monthly sweep for privacy screens and banlines and its just like living on mainland but with restrictions (I like to follow the rules if there are any.)

So a couple years ago I made the move to mainland and I am very happy with that.

I don't find where I rent restricting at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, So Whimsy said:

Most landlords act on request only.
It can take some time until you find a landlord that suits your needs.
Never pay long time up front with a new landlord, so you can switch easily if the new place doesn't fit like a glove for you.

I live for 14 years off and on on private land. If the sim where I reside develops in the wrong direction, I go and look for another sim to live.
No need to buy or sell land. Just a nice goodbye note to the landlord. Sometimes he/she has nice unexpected alternatives for you.
Then when settled again a new landmark to the friends who deserve one and done again for several months/years.

I never ever would want to live on mainland to be honest. The good spots go for idiotic prices and in other parts I would not even want to be found dead in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Where's the option for 'It's nice to have some place as your login point, and having a personal sandbox doesn't hurt'?

That is exactly how I use my private land plot.
A nice private beach on sea level and my sandbox up in the sky.

And a Belli place to make a new add on every now and then for the marketplace,  so that my private land plot is payed for most of the time through purchases from kind fellow residents.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I never ever would want to live on mainland to be honest. The good spots go for idiotic prices and in other parts I would not even want to be found dead in.

I struck lucky with mine; I rented from a mainland landlord (not likely anyone you know, she wasn't a big baron and only had 2 regions) and over the space of several years I went from 1500m to 4096. I always said that when/if she retired from the rental business I would buy the land off her (if I could afford it). Well, she did retire and I did buy it; she kindly sold it to me for L$1 per sqm, when the going price for similar land in the area was nearer L$15. It's a wonderful location and I would never have been able to get it otherwise.

I could probably sell it for a tidy profit and get something just as nice, but I'm very happy where I am and don't really want to move.

Funny thing is, even though I've been on this land for around 12 years altogether, my next door neighbour has been there even longer.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I don't find where I rent restricting at all. 

Unfortunately for me it is, since I love breedables and builds like the LAQ Treehouse that's very tall and not welcomed on most private estates. I've recently found a wonderful 9k sqm parcel on mainland that is almost entirely a lake, I built landscaping around it and put a small hose in the middle and I am super happy with it. Whenever I get the money for the treehouse I'll plop that down and when Kreatures are released I will plop down those, too. It's great to be able to do whatever I want!

• Like 2

For me, definitely Option 2.

Reasons:

store in same space as building platform / living space

able to use tier from premium to pay for the land

Linden Lab as my landlord (it's nice to give to the company who offers me this second life)

free to throw down (sometimes literally) whatever i want

large space for building

I am happy with my plot - quiet green sim, no trouble with neighbours in 3 years but I miss SL Water. I really like to look at it!

• Like 3

2 - I own a mainland-parcel on a relatively empty region. 
I don't really care about Belli, none of the homes is my style, and the communities seem too clique-ish for my taste.
Also, I build my own homes, or rather scenes, since they're clearly no traditional homes, haha. Like, for the longest time, I had an enchanted pond with a swimming garden. Now it's a small pond (I like water) that is nightelf-themed, with a little temple and nightsky-environment.
I should finish that at some point. >_>

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Which of these following three statements applies mostly to you, and why ?

1 - I only want a place in Belliseria

2 - I only want a place on Mainland

3 - I want a place on Mainland AND I want a place in Belliseria and I shall have it.

Me ? I'm a 3

None of the above.

4. I want a place in Belli, a store on Mainland (with temp rez allowed), and my own private getaway homestead.

4a. Without having to buy a premium subscription. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

For me it's mostly, like 95%, Mainland only. I love my mainland and wouldn't ever let it go except under very dire circumstances. Bellisseria is to me a bit of a curiosity, and my premium alt currently has one just because I wanted to have a go with the Fantasy homes, but of the other themes only the Stilts really appeals to me at all. My alt has actually claimed at least one of each of everything just to get the content packs, but only held on to a stilt and a fantasy for any more than a day.

You missed out a few options though;

4. I want only Estate/private land

5. I want X or Y or Z but can't have them for whatever reason

I'm not changing my numbers! Now get outta my head! 🤭

• Haha 2

None for me. I only do private regions. There are some interesting new communities however. And I have a few friends with plots on mainland. But generally speaking I probably spend 95% of my time in SL on private regions. I don't think I've even utilized the free plot you get for premium.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

One region I used to have my former club on the estate owner loved these ugly ass dividers between the parcels which were a link of rocks and palm trees.

• Haha 1

It's a 3 for me.  I want a tiny bit of land on the water, so I have a Bellisseria Houseboat that is located fairly private.  I also want a larger piece of land, so that is where my Mainland plot comes in. 

I've never cared for the Private Estates, partly because I am relying on someone besides LL to keep the land available for me, but mostly because I don't want to give anyone besides LL payment info and I also don't want to have to remember to periodically pay some rent somewhere.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.