You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yup the year after ABBA.
And half of all songs normally felt somewhat similar as last years winners, at least in the years that I watched.
I have the whole song contest on ignore the last decade or so. More a personality show\freak show these days.
To much smoke and mirrors, to little good music.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I got my second shot was yesterday. There's swelling and pain at the injection site. Now I can't move my shoulder. 😭

The first shot my arm hurt for exactly that day and the next..no other symptoms.

The second shot it took 3 1/2 days to feel better and I had a fever of 100.4 and chills.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I got my second shot was yesterday. There's swelling and pain at the injection site. Now I can't move my shoulder. 😭

I got mine yesterday, too.  The arm is much more sore than the first one.  I've also had a mild headache but that could also be the weather.

• Sad 3

19 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I'm in so much pain, I can't even englisch right. XD

19 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

The first shot my arm hurt for exactly that day and the next..no other symptoms.

The second shot it took 3 1/2 days to feel better and I had a fever of 100.4 and chills.

19 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I got mine yesterday, too.  The arm is much more sore than the first one.  I've also had a mild headache but that could also be the weather.

They weren't joking when they said the second shot effects is worse than the first. I'm on day 3 and felt feverish at times but temperature remained at 98.5. I also got the headache too.

• Sad 7

1 minute ago, Eddy Vortex said:

They weren't joking when they said the second shot effects is worse than the first. I'm on day 3 and felt feverish at times but temperature remained at 98.5. I also got the headache too.

Went to sleep last night with a sore arm and a headache.  I awoke this morning back to normal.  

*gives a gentle hug, avoiding your arm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Hope you are felling better, I don't know how things work were you live, but around here doctors and nurses advise us to take Paracetamol if we have fever or pain after the shot, I took it after my first one more as a precaution, maybe because of that I didn't had much pain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My husband got the Moderna vaccine and his arm was swollen on the second shot. I got the Pfizer and on my second shot my arm was a little swollen, but about 24 hours later I had a powerful urge to sleep and a general feeling of malaise.

The day after the second shot is pretty bad. The upside is you’re going to feel much more confident about going outside afterwards.

• Like 3

Yes, I feel more confident too after the second jab, but I'm still very careful.
Yesterday I was for the first time since February last year in a supermarket during peek hours.
I didn't feel comfy at all to be honest.
So next visits will be around closing hours or early morning again I guess.

The party isn't over yet.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Getting my first shot next week and one the month after ! \o/

You've been F5-ing the Reichsinstitut voor Volksgesundheit en Milieu-website all day, haven't you? :P

I marked my appointment with the biggest cow letters in the birthday calendar in the bathroom.

giphy.gif

Don't think of the excruciating pain that the inoculation device will inflict upon you. Instead, think of the lollypop you'll be getting afterward. :) 

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Yes, I feel more confident too after the second jab, but I'm still very careful.
Yesterday I was for the first time since February last year in a supermarket during peek hours.
I didn't feel comfy at all to be honest.
So next visits will be around closing hours or early morning again I guess.

The party isn't over yet.

Absolutely! We’re still wearing masks in the supermarket and in stores even after they lift the restrictions.

I just mean there comes a certain peace of mind with being vaccinated.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Don't think of the excruciating pain that the inoculation device will inflict upon you. Instead, think of the lollypop you'll be getting afterward. :) 

The equipment they use for the vaccination in Germany and NL is huge, I have been told and witnessed.

51yecwFMMkL._AC_SX569_.jpg

There was that guy where the needle came out at the other end of the arm.........

😂

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

The equipment they use for the vaccination in Germany and NL is huge, I have been told and witnessed.

51yecwFMMkL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Thats when you know the microchip conspiracy is actually true.

I got my second one today (first one is hardware, second one is software). Chip hasn't booted up yet. If it doesn't work Imma gonna complain to Bill Gates. :D

(just joking, I don't actually believe that).

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I've been fully vaccinated three weeks now. I didn't get any side effects or symptoms besides a sore arm each time. Best decision I made. I was so happy I didn't sleep the night before each shot. Felt like receiving a gift. It's always nice to know there are things I can do to help others and myself not get sick. Especially during times of uncertainty. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

You've been F5-ing the Reichsinstitut voor Volksgesundheit en Milieu-website all day, haven't you? :P

I marked my appointment with the biggest cow letters in the birthday calendar in the bathroom.

giphy.gif

No lollipop and they didn't even have the I Got Vaccinated sticker.  😥

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I only got a card with the dates off vaccination, my personal data and two tiny stickers with the batch numbers of the vaccine on it.

O, and a cup of coffee in the waiting room afterwards.
We have to wait 15 minutes after the jab to make sure there is no acute allergic reaction.

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Oh, bite me, you big p|_|ssy. I'll forfeit the lollypop. :P

Edited by TDD123

When I got mine awhile ago, we had to wait 15 minutes afterwards, too.  We didn't get offered coffee in the waiting area, though.  The nurse had said to move the arm around a lot during that waiting time to help reduce the possibility of soreness in the arm. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

The nurse had said to move the arm around a lot during that waiting time to help reduce the possibility of soreness in the arm. 

That's what I didn't do last time that I should have done, and am doing now.

I get regular intramuscular injections of testosterone, that's in the glute and it helps ward off any soreness if I go for a brisk 20 minute walk afterwards. That's a huge injection; 4ml of oil with a needle about the size of the ones up there (not really but it feels like it). Compared to that, the covid vaccine is a piece of cake.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.