You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

We have the lottery here, too.  People 18 and over can win a million and anyone under 18 can win a full scholarship to a state school.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/27/us/ohio-vax-a-million-winners-covid-19/index.html

No, no lol. It’s not in Canada, I’m just saying I’m aware of the lottery in Ohio because I keep up on things like that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

think of the lollypop you'll be getting afterward. 

Hey, I didn't get a lollipop. I feel cheated.

12 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

No lollipop and they didn't even have the I Got Vaccinated sticker.  😥

It's because we don't live in civilized countries, isn't it? :/

12 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I only got a card with the dates off vaccination, my personal data and two tiny stickers with the batch numbers of the vaccine on it.

O, and a cup of coffee in the waiting room afterwards.
We have to wait 15 minutes after the jab to make sure there is no acute allergic reaction.

Look at this fancy guy with his coffee. :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Thats when you know the microchip conspiracy is actually true.

I got my second one today (first one is hardware, second one is software). Chip hasn't booted up yet. If it doesn't work Imma gonna complain to Bill Gates. :D

(just joking, I don't actually believe that).

Let's hope you don't catch the blue screen of death.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

Here they're giving free shots and beer and enrolling people in a million dollar lottery to entice people to get vaxxed.

Our state is doing million dollar drawings each week in June.  If you are vaccinated - at least one shot - you are automatically entered.

I also signed up for United Airlines sweepstakes -- free flights for a year (max of 26 flights) in any class you want, to anywhere, though I can't remember if it is restricted to domestic or not.

• Like 3

I didn't get free coffee. Or a lollipop. Or a sticker saying "I'm a brave boy". They just told me to go and wait in my car.

On the plus side, it's now the next day and I feel perfectly okay. My arm around the injection site is slightly tender to touch but nowhere near as much as the first one.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

I got my second one today

I'm a May 28th graduate too   :)

My arm isn't as sore, and no bruise...just a little red and a bit of a lump at the injection site.

They told me to move my arm frequently and drink a lot of water. So far no additional symptoms, but I did read these can appear 1 or 2 days later and it's only been 24 hours.

On 5/28/2021 at 8:29 AM, Sid Nagy said:

Yes, I feel more confident too after the second jab, but I'm still very careful.
Yesterday I was for the first time since February last year in a supermarket during peek hours.
I didn't feel comfy at all to be honest.
So next visits will be around closing hours or early morning again I guess.

The party isn't over yet.

Exactly! I stopped at the vape store just before I went in to get my second shot. The clerk and I started discuss it and he went off on a tangent about how he's against vaccinations and the government can't make him do anything. He also mentioned that a lot of religions don't believe in vaccinations.  I'm all for people choosing what medical treatment they want to get based on religion when it only effects them, but when it puts others in danger I don't think they should be given a pass.  So I am thankful both he and I were wearing masks and I for sure backed way up.

The thing is that the vaccine is not 100% effective and you can't tell by looking who is and who isn't vaccinated.  So I am not at all confident or comfortable going out without a mask.  Since I find it very hard to breathe and it fogs up my glasses I am still as isolated as I was before I was vaccinated.  

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 1:53 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

Hey, I didn't get a lollipop. I feel cheated.

It's because we don't live in civilized countries, isn't it?

Need the right 'Personal Healthcare Companion'.

Baemax-baymax-lollipop.gif

Also helpful for those needle punctures you may have after your vaccination

Baemax-baymax-tape.gif

Edited by Drayke Newall

On 5/29/2021 at 5:39 PM, Luna Bliss said:

I'm a May 28th graduate too   :)

My arm isn't as sore, and no bruise...just a little red and a bit of a lump at the injection site.

They told me to move my arm frequently and drink a lot of water. So far no additional symptoms, but I did read these can appear 1 or 2 days later and it's only been 24 hours.

Two and half days later and the only sign that I even had the vaccine at all is a slight soreness in my arm that I only feel if I touch it. No fever or malaise this time. 

I did remember to keep moving my arm, I'm sure that helped. 

• Like 3

I had covid back in January. It was pretty bad & pretty terrifying. Fortunately I ended up being mostly OK save for being extra tired and not being able to smell or sit up for too long. I'm disabled so already spend most of my time lying down anyways. It still sucks but oh, well. Got both Moderna shots-no side effects (fortunately). 

Fun fact-one of the folks working on the Moderna vaccine is a furry molecular biologist. :D

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I have to say, all this talk of ouchies and not feeling well adds to my reluctance too.

Well the good news is that the pain doesn't start for about 4 hours in. So the process is painless. The pain is gradual.

50 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I have to say, all this talk of ouchies and not feeling well adds to my reluctance too.

I took one Ibuprofen every 24 hours (OTC strength).  Never felt any pain whatsoever for both Pfizer shots #1 and #2.  No other effects either. Maybe I was injected with distilled water.

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

compared to the alternative .. 

Skipping over the whole intubated death bed worst case outcome, 'long covid' is a thing, some side effects just don't seem to go away .. covid is a nasty one that doesn't just go away without trace.

Personally, selfishly .. 

I like food to have flavor I can taste.

I like not having a virus on hold waiting for my immune system to take a hit so it can flare up and get me next time.

I like not going to funerals.

Sore arm, bit of a fever, spending a few days flumped in a miserable heap watching crap and listening to audiobooks .. yeah, it's a no brainer.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

compared to the alternative .. 

Skipping over the whole intubated death bed worst case outcome, 'long covid' is a thing, some side effects just don't seem to go away .. covid is a nasty one that doesn't just go away without trace.

Personally, selfishly .. 

I like food to have flavor I can taste.

I like not having a virus on hold waiting for my immune system to take a hit so it can flare up and get me next time.

I like not going to funerals.

Sore arm, bit of a fever, spending a few days flumped in a miserable heap watching crap and listening to audiobooks .. yeah, it's a no brainer.

I agree 100% with you about how nasty Covid is.  In fact, I spoke up about it being a more important issue than BLM and defunding the police in threads last year and I still stand by that.  I wear masks, I sanitise and wash my hands frequently, I social distance.

But as I said earlier in this thread...IF it does become more of a threat here, I probably will give in and get it, but for now, I do not see the urgency in getting it, especially when I still do not trust it fully.

767767eb3d22e2525daff37562014a99.png

31 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Do people seem to have more of a reaction with one vaccine over another?  Are there stats anywhere for that?  All 3 of us here have had the Pfizer with no real issues.  

Hubby got Moderna. Injection site got infected first time, very mild symptoms if any, Second jab was last week and hit him a lot harder. He also has a heart condition and his meds didn't seem to like the Moderna. I got the J&J one shot a week ago. Mild cold/allergy like symptoms and a mild fever first 48 hours, improving over the last few days. I have a compromised immune system but not on any meds for it, yet. I feel pretty good now. Hubby is still recovering but much better.

Different vaccines aren't going to have the same individual results. Meaning I might have been just as fine with any of the other vaccines. Then again, I might have had a severe reaction to one of them and not be here typing this now. It all depends on the individual's "chemical makeup" so to speak. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.