You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

45 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Do people seem to have more of a reaction with one vaccine over another?

Everyone i know that got Pfizer said they had no side effects. Including myself everyone i know that got AstraZeneca said they had a minimum of a sore arm, most commonly some kind of chills/headache/sick feeling for about a day

• Like 1

Just now, Claireschen Hesten said:

Everyone i know that got Pfizer said they had no side effects. Including myself everyone i know that got AstraZeneca said they had a minimum of a sore arm, most commonly some kind of chills/headache/sick feeling for about a day

I was just reading an article about it.  Moderna seems to have more side effects than Pfizer and J&J less than both of those.  Younger people more.than older, women more than men.

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Moderna seems to have more side effects than Pfizer and J&J less than both of those.  Younger people more.than older, women more than men.

I'd say it's all luck of the draw.  I had my two Moderna shots and never had more than a little bump on my arm that went away in a few hours. 

• Like 1

My husband had J&J - got super tired midday the day after and went down for a long nap.

I had Moderna - First shot my arm was sore as hell for about 48 hours starting about 12 hours after the shot.  Sore enough that it hurt to move the arm at all.  My second shot was tender to the touch for about 24 hours, but that was it.  I think I stiffened a bit before that first shot and relaxed more on the second one.

I should clarify - sore arm but just a little bit more than a normal flu needle.
That started at about 4hrs in, slept like a log, (overslept by 15 minutes actually)
and sore for about 6 hrs at work. But then hardly noticeable.
Please don't let my comments dissuade anyone from getting the vaccination.
(2 x needles).
You deserve the best defence you can get against this horrendous pandemic. 😷 

13 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I have to say, all this talk of ouchies and not feeling well adds to my reluctance too.

People who had no side effects at all from the injections (like me) don't have a story to tell. The ones that had some side effects do have a story. So it might look that most people have some issues after the jabs, but that is not so.
Most people have no or almost no effects after their vaccination.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Me waves as an AstraZenica junkie without any side effects at all.

Other than that I have to listen to a sobbing Bill Gates telling his divorce stories almost every night now through the implanted micro chip.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Astra Zeneca for me too, with minimal side effects (sore arm for a few days, chills/fever for a couple of days). Second one was milder than the first. I'd count as an "older" person, if that makes any difference.

My elderly in-laws both in their 80s, had Pfizer and neither of them had any side-effects at all.

• Like 2

Has me wondering that some people do have some side effects which the CDC says is normal and is a sign that the vaccine is working and the body is building a resistance to it.

Begs the question if that means it is not working for those who do not feel anything from the shots. Be nice if they offered antibody or T-cell testing a couple weeks after the second shot just to be sure.

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

Astra Zeneca for me too, with minimal side effects (sore arm for a few days, chills/fever for a couple of days). Second one was milder than the first.

Had my first a while back, second next month. Had the same pattern as you did for my first, hopefully less of a wipe out after my upcoming second.

• Like 1

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/pfizer-vs-moderna-vaccines-does-one-have-more-side-effects-than-the-other/2499425/

But not getting side effects isn't a negative, health experts say.

"If you don't get side effects it does not mean that you are not protected," Arwady said. "I want to be really clear about that."

According to Loafman, it simply means "your body didn't react with as much of an inflammatory response.

"You're still making antibodies," he said.

According to Loafman, every person's response is unique.

"It's really just kind of a reflection of how unique each of our systems are, what other immunities we have," he said. "You know, a lot of the antibodies cross react and we have cross reactivity so it's really a mosaic. Each of our immune systems is a mosaic composite of all that we've been through and all that we have and all we've recently been dealing with. Our individual response varies. Everybody gets the appropriate immune response."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Me waves as an AstraZenica junkie without any side effects at all.

Other than that I have to listen to a sobbing Bill Gates telling his divorce stories almost every night now through the implanted micro chip.

Tell him I said, "Pull up them big girl panties and suck it up buttercup!"

• Haha 3

On 5/30/2021 at 2:57 PM, Lewis Luminos said:

Two and half days later and the only sign that I even had the vaccine at all is a slight soreness in my arm that I only feel if I touch it. No fever or malaise this time. 

Totally the reverse for me. The 1st shot I sailed through with no reaction but the 2nd shot (Pfizer) really knocked me out for most of a day.  I just kept thinking it was nice to have confirmation my immune system was making antibodies while I watched trash TV..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

"It's really just kind of a reflection of how unique each of our systems are, what other immunities we have," he said. "You know, a lot of the antibodies cross react and we have cross reactivity so it's really a mosaic. Each of our immune systems is a mosaic composite of all that we've been through and all that we have and all we've recently been dealing with. Our individual response varies. Everybody gets the appropriate immune response."

14 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Different vaccines aren't going to have the same individual results. Meaning I might have been just as fine with any of the other vaccines. Then again, I might have had a severe reaction to one of them and not be here typing this now. It all depends on the individual's "chemical makeup" so to speak. 

🤭😉

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/pfizer-vs-moderna-vaccines-does-one-have-more-side-effects-than-the-other/2499425/

But not getting side effects isn't a negative, health experts say.

"If you don't get side effects it does not mean that you are not protected," Arwady said. "I want to be really clear about that."

According to Loafman, it simply means "your body didn't react with as much of an inflammatory response.

"You're still making antibodies," he said.

According to Loafman, every person's response is unique.

Yeah I have to say I did worry after my 1st shot because I didn't feel any of the flu-like symptoms, even though I knew this does not automatically mean my body wasn't making antibodies.

However, I did find one group of people who should worry (gotta have something to worry about right?) lol  Looks like they are working on treatments for this group of people though:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/health/coronavirus-vaccine-immune-system.html

Like his friends, Dr. Wollowitz was vaccinated in January. But he did not produce any antibodies in response — nor did he expect to. He is one of millions of Americans who are immunocompromised, whose bodies cannot learn to deploy immune fighters against the virus.

Some immunocompromised people were born with absent or faulty immune systems, while others, like Dr. Wollowitz, have diseases or have received therapies that wiped out their immune defenses. Many of them produce few to no antibodies in response to a vaccine or an infection, leaving them susceptible to the virus. When they do become infected, they may suffer prolonged illness, with death rates as high as 55 percent.

Most people who have lived with immune deficiencies for a long time are likely to be aware of their vulnerability. But others have no idea that medications may have put them at risk.

“They’ll be walking around outside thinking they’re protected — but maybe they’re not,”
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Which I knew but wondered about personal experiences from people.  If they were in line with what the manufacturers were reporting.

According to Pfizer, about 3.8% of their clinical trial participants experienced fatigue as a side effect and 2% got a headache. 

Moderna says 9.7% of their participants felt fatigued and 4.5% got a headache.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah I have to say I did worry after my 1st shot because I didn't feel any of the flu-like symptoms, even though I knew this does not automatically mean my body wasn't making antibodies.

However, I did find one group of people who should worry (gotta have something to worry about right?) lol  Looks like they are working on treatments for this group of people though:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/health/coronavirus-vaccine-immune-system.html

Like his friends, Dr. Wollowitz was vaccinated in January. But he did not produce any antibodies in response — nor did he expect to. He is one of millions of Americans who are immunocompromised, whose bodies cannot learn to deploy immune fighters against the virus.

Some immunocompromised people were born with absent or faulty immune systems, while others, like Dr. Wollowitz, have diseases or have received therapies that wiped out their immune defenses. Many of them produce few to no antibodies in response to a vaccine or an infection, leaving them susceptible to the virus. When they do become infected, they may suffer prolonged illness, with death rates as high as 55 percent.

Most people who have lived with immune deficiencies for a long time are likely to be aware of their vulnerability. But others have no idea that medications may have put them at risk.

“They’ll be walking around outside thinking they’re protected — but maybe they’re not,”

I've never had a flu shot in my life which made me a bit anxious about this vaccine.   I hadn't heard yet about what you posted above.  Very interesting and thank you for the info.  

Even though we've been vaccinated, we still plan to protect ourselves when out and about.  We've been doing it this long so I see no reason to relax just yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Even though we've been vaccinated, we still plan to protect ourselves when out and about.  We've been doing it this long so I see no reason to relax just yet.

Yes I'll be wearing a mask too for additional protection.  It's so nice to have less fear when going out now.

More things in my house broke so I need repair people to work inside, and this feels much safer now, though I'll air the house out good or even sit outside while they're working inside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I got a shot of IBUPROFEN yesterdays when I went back to the doctors for a follow up visit..

My arm was fine until the shot wore off.

hehehe

If Ibuprofen helped, you can get an ibuprofen gel to rub on your arm as needed until the vaccine pain goes away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Had my first a while back, second next month. Had the same pattern as you did for my first, hopefully less of a wipe out after my upcoming second.

Should be less than the first one, according to recent studies:

https://healthwise.punchng.com/why-second-dose-of-astrazeneca-vaccine-might-give-fewer-side-effects-experts/

Apparently the AZ vaccine uses a deactivated cold virus as a vector to smuggle in the covid spike protein, and it's speculated that when you get side effects with the first jab, your body is reacting against that vector, not against the covid protein. The second jab has milder side effects because your immune system remembers the vector virus and tackles it more quickly.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

If Ibuprofen helped, you can get an ibuprofen gel to rub on your arm as needed until the vaccine pain goes away.

I just got a shot of ibuprofen to deal with the pain from a work injury and to hold me over until I could get my prescriptions filled.. But I think no mater what shot you get in the arm, a lot of times peoples arm is going to hurt.. Also I think a lot of times it comes down to who gives the shot and right where they give it..

I've had shots that didn't hurt and shots that hurt the whole day..

I think some people just give shots better.. hehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.