Who do YOU look like?

Alexis Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, title looks a little intimidating. I wanted to make this thread to get others opinions aswell as find out who else has done the same as me.

When editing a photo I took earlier, I noticed something. I’ve subconsciously been building my avatar off of WWE Superstar Mandy Rose. Without realising until now. I think Mandy is absolutely gorgeoussss so it makes sense I’d attempt to make my avatar look like her. I spoke with a friend about it & she told me that she also built her avatar off of an adult model! 

So I’m wondering, is anybody else’s avatars inspired by real life people? Or is it built on how you look in real life? Or your dream look? Or just your total fantasy. Let’s share! 

9E978345-1E79-4FD0-97E8-AD0C09E2D72E.jpeg

• Like 9

I took a few of my own RL looks and placed in Seren but otherwise she don't think she looks like anyone though only thing I have in common with how I look currently; is the green eyes and the freckles as temporarily gone back to being blonde again! :D

• Like 2

Throughout the years I had noticed that my avie looked like lots of different people, including Dutch actress Katja Schuurman, or a comic book figure from my youth, or a model whose name escapes me now. But in the end, I will always still be me and the likeness is never perfect.

• Like 2

I'm going to be embarrassed to post this considering what I do with this avatar but... hopefully people don't find it too distasteful and dislike me for doing it.

My avatar is based off a character in a show, and like a good few people I've seen in the fandom, they kind of enjoy..feminizing him. Not to mention I just like that aesthetic and it makes me feel more comfortable. I should note that the reason for this avatar was because it was my name on another site where I met all my friends, who I then joined on SL so I just continued being him.

Also because I like to be a girl sometimes he also has a genderbent version

romansecondlife1_013.png

romansecondlife1_014.png

69fcd56156bc54f10c26a77197159ccf.jpg

• Like 9

When I joined SL I was struck by all the tall long haired blonde pale skinned busty girls in SL, and I pretty much reacted to that by trying to go the other way. My avatar from the start has been shorter than average, with darker skin, usually short black hair, and smaller breasts. From time to time I have drifted from this, particularly with hair color and length. Though lately, with the release of Maitreya petite, I have been sticking a lot closer to that model, well with black hair died some wild color. I am sure I will depart from that standard again, but it seems to be something I keep coming back to, the anti SL-bimbo. 

• Like 3

I look nothing like the way I look in RL, that's for sure. If I did, my avatar would be more dwarf-like than elf-like.

Right from the start, my avatar's appearance was modelled on Maedhros, an elf from the Silmarillion, with whom I have had a bit of an obsession for many years. Of course, no-one knows what he really looked like because cameras weren't invented back then. For a few years, around 2001 to 2005, I roleplayed Maedhros on a forum RPG, and used an assortment of celebrity photos to represent him, including a young Axl Rose, and a Polish model called Bartek Borowiec. 

w-axl-rose-975884l.jpg  7addaa66694ccdcce3a3ea032e0cd4ee.jpg

Add a bit of blood elf into the mix, and a pinch of Tori Amos.

1982905647_bloodelf.jpg.34d2f766de7852e229b647e0dcbcf709.jpg  toriamos.jpg.91d4a9c50b0555f8dc0fa2b0c62cdb5a.jpg

• Like 9

My first two avatars when I was in SL a long time ago where totally and completely inspired by Stevie Nicks.  

SL had way better skirts and dresses that one could wear because of the prim skirt parts that twirled like Stevie Nicks.  I miss those kinds of clothes!  I am not a big fan of prim skirts anymore but there has to be a way to have longer skirts for women someday and one's that show feet and or to wear with platform boots like Stevie always wore.  

My first home was named "Crystal Visions" after Stevie Nicks too.  

This is my third time in SL and I have been "playing" with fantasy type avatars.  When I make a female human, she always seem to come out "girl next door look" or like "a Mom".  I can never seem to make a really good sexy avatar.  I look like a Mom most of the time, imo.  

My Classic Clothes used to look like some of these photos in the pictures below.  I always wore long blonde flowing flexi hair.  

I have clothes like Stevie Nicks in real life, too.  I very much dress like her when I am not working.   And, yesh, I have my clogs in rl and sl too!  

Jeeeez, I miss clothes like we used to have below...looked so much like the ones below and were just gorgeous!  

dress7.jpg

dress3.jpg

dress1.jpg

dress6.jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 5

My avatar has basically the same general look/coloring for the entire 13+ years I've been in SL. Blonde/Light brown hair and brown eyes that is based on my rl looks. I have always been shorter than the average SL avatar, but within the last two years I've gotten a little taller for no other reason than my constant tweaking of my shape has naturally guided me there. It's fun to look back at older versions of my avatar and see how she's evolved and in some cases stayed the same.  In a virtual world where you can be anything, I am a little boring and basic with my everyday style, but that is okay!  I love themed parties, and will spend a lot of time creating outfits for them, but outside of these social events you are most likely to see me in jeans and a tank top. However, I am very picky about how things fit and how they are textured. I love little details that I know no one will ever notice but me. For example I have two hair ties from Evani that I wear on my wrist, and there is nothing more quintessentially "me" than that as I always have to have a way to put my long hair up. 

I love reading everyone's responses btw! And @SassySam87, please share with us!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

According to an online celeb lookalike generator...I look like Gemma Ward.  I don't see it myself.

Image2.jpg

I can see it in the shape of your mouth and eyes. Your head shape is completely different though.

Well, in SL I've always been a tall, pale, long-haired blonde with blue eyes, but bimbo I am not, nor ever have been.  @Talligurl, aren't we past insulting people based on their looks?  Anyway, grumble aside, the look I have is based on a dream I had decades ago of my next life, so not based on a person from the past or present, although it could be compared to my mother when young.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

I looked like (and I still occasionally do when I wear my Genus head) Izabella Scorupco but it is pure accident. I discovered it when I was sitting in a tram and looking outside, then I saw Smarteyes Optician with her face on a poster ad. My avi looks a little younger and has bigger lips and that day I had red hair but usually I am blonde so I think it is a good match.

scorupco.png

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

aren't we past insulting people based on their looks?

I would never insult anyone on the look genetics gave them, but those who make what I see as poor choices with their avatar fall into a different category. Not that every tall pale skinned blonde is the same.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

I would never insult anyone on the look genetics gave them, but those who make what I see as poor choices with their avatar fall into a different category. Not that every tall pale skinned blonde is the same.

Sounds like me lol!!! I'm not insulted!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.