NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I don't know if I'd call it semantics, but the OL and OW versions of the stilt home meshes are identical save for the steps at the front door, which the OW versions lack.

Yeah, sorry for the crossed wires, what I was just trying to express (probably poorly) is that I wasn't personally referring to or questioning the size of the actual mesh, but just the amount of visible stilt above whichever surface (land or water) the parcel is designated as. From my perspective, the physical size of those mesh stilts is irrelevant, but what is relevant is whether or not I can fit my avatar under the decks. If I can, the homes seem "taller" than if I can't. If I have two identical yard sticks and bury one of them two feet under the ground and the other one foot under the ground, the latter would appear to be a foot taller even though the sticks themselves are exactly the same. That's all I was trying to say 😀

And thank you so much for the explanation of how the parcel area is scanned, the technical side of things is always cool to hear more about! ❤️

• Like 4

Has the ability to abandon parcel been disabled? My alt landed a boat on Bubbly (silly me didn't quite realised that the new HB regions would also be released at the same time) and the "abandon land" button is greyed out. Anybody else has that?

1 minute ago, Arquet said:

Has the ability to abandon parcel been disabled? My alt landed a boat on Bubbly (silly me didn't quite realised that the new HB regions would also be released at the same time) and the "abandon land" button is greyed out. Anybody else has that?

Whitney has just confirmed that 2 new HB regions released - Bubbly and Slice of Life. Perhaps they've grayed out the Abandon option in order to 'enforce' rather than hope for no GoH right now.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Arquet said:

I've not heard of any reports about that.  Not sure how they'd do that for only some homes/regions and my button is still active on my Traditional home.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arquet said:

They have requested that no one abandon their homes to keep the system from breaking again at least in the short term. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Claire Atheria said:

[09:05] Whitney Linden whispers news houseboats on Bubbly and Slice of Life

Big thanks for this info - just caught one on Bubbly! :)

I would not have gone for it otherwise,  thinking it  to be an abandon ... like the other four types to choose from!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Whitney has just confirmed that 2 new HB regions released - Bubbly and Slice of Life. Perhaps they've grayed out the Abandon option in order to 'enforce' rather than hope for no GoH right now.

That's what I was thinking too, as many people might not be following the updates from Patch and still put load on the system while they stabilize things. As long as it doesn't cause people who haven't even abandoned their old homes to try for a stilt I think a region-based disabling is smart to keep things running smooth!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.