NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, MillyWH said:

I got a Stilt home over water but there's no house there.

I clicked the little control panel and it tells me to chose a house, instructions to rez but there's nothing in the dialog box. So there's no home. I tried to abandon the on water and get another one but I kept getting the same parcel. 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

I did relog but that didnt' fix the issue

Touch and hold on the controller for what feels like forever.  You should see a message about resetting then.  Wait a minute or two and try to rez house then.  Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, MillyWH said:

I got a Stilt home over water but there's no house there.

I clicked the little control panel and it tells me to chose a house, instructions to rez but there's nothing in the dialog box. So there's no home. I tried to abandon the on water and get another one but I kept getting the same parcel. 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

I did relog but that didnt' fix the issue

Yes, it happens a lot.

Click and hold the house controller for at least 4 seconds, then let go. If you held it long enough it will say "resetting scripts" in local chat. WAIT A FULL MINUTE before touching it, then click again. All the proper buttons should now be present.

Also, any time you do anything with the controller, again wait a full minute before doing another thing. Don't try to cycle through the house types one after another or else the house and the buttons will all disappear again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Gilgamesh Alpha said:

Got a stilt home. Pretty neat, but the windows don't cover.

The windows have blinds to cover them, just click on the window (I think they do all at once tho sadly, not one window at a time). Not sure if they work on the controller or not

31 minutes ago, Gilgamesh Alpha said:

Got a stilt home. Pretty neat, but the windows don't cover.

You could also make your own window coverings with a touch to change to transparent (or close to) with some simple prims and a script. While I really like the houses, I am not thrilled with the window covering texture.    

Likely someone will make a mod for this (hint - hint) for those that don't build. It may or may not work on the opening doors (they are different than I am use to so not sure) but certainly for the windows. I left the ones I am styling open and put blinds half way down and that works well too. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Liaa Nova said:

The windows have blinds to cover them, just click on the window (I think they do all at once tho sadly, not one window at a time). Not sure if they work on the controller or not

They work on the interior controller too, if you click on windows the blinds work on a per room basis

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Claire Atheria said:

Just noticed stilts on piers is the first version to disappear (on and off) from the land page -- it must be the most popular, if the amount of all 3 versions was the same at release!

Yeah, that's interesting. In the Billowed Sale region for example there are a number of Pier homes and OL. All the Piers are taken, but none of the OL. Which also shows that there are still new homes, rather than abandons, to be claimed.

• Like 3

On 12/24/2020 at 10:51 PM, Blush Bravin said:

I didn't find one either, so I made one to make do until one is made available. I have set it at the landing at my shop. It's free and no group needed. Just come grab it and use it until the content pack gets updated.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Barcola/39/114/25

Thank you very much for this! Looks great!:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2020 at 8:47 PM, Isabella Vanilla said:

Hello Merry Christmas! Could someone tell me how many opportunities you have to leave homes in every 24 hours?

Hi and Merry Christmas to you too! You can release a House 5 times, but I would suggest not releasing a Fifth time as you wiill have to wait 24 hours to get a 6th one.

Edited by Trinity Aironaut

20 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I think the stilts are the best of cottage meets modern. I love the feeling of standing in my kitchen looking out to the view through those huge modern glass windows. But I can still have that old cottage look.

2kitchen_001.png.b2b8ea50ed7f7110e062573ffcb4ba28.png

The view from the throne.

2throne_001.png.59275ee81562ea75765ad70eb4febab9.png

I didn't think I'd want a two story home because they looked so huge when I previewed them, but honestly, the Santiago is the perfect size home with just enough rooms. I love how big my bathroom is but yet I still have a very nice size bedroom with all the living space on the main floor. 

I decided I needed to expand my deck so my hot tub would fit plus I really wanted a way to the sand from the back of the home. So .....

2back_001.thumb.png.5d87ed9658e5a76ee776c96bf1d9c840.png

My home is open if anyone would like to visit.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bayport/147/156/21

I adore these stilts! Yours looks amazing!

• Like 3

Unofficial Stilt Home Status, 6:00am SLT Dec. 26th:  

92 regions with 'Protected Land' designation (~2300 homes)

These regions with 'Linden Home' designation, in which all homes are still unclaimed: Bootleggers Atoll, Backwash, Cape Marlin, Belldowne. Corderosa had 1 home claimed when I checked.

Many OL homes available throughout all the released regions.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

There are some really great OL locations, so this.surprises me. Almost every OL home has a view of the water. Many lots are directly on the water. Some that are not at the edge of the island have ponds (some pretty large) adjoining the property. My home has a large pond with an island on the back and left; a small pond on the right, and is across the street from the outside edge of the island. So the neighbors on the right and left are on the other side of water, there’s no immediate neighbor on the back, and the neighbor in front is across the road. The only thing lacking is direct access to the ocean from the property.

I had a dock. After a couple of days, I abandoned it to get an OL stilt. I didn’t like the closeness of neighbors on the docks (on all four sides) and found the abundance of water a bit disorienting.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 7

I've been exploring some of the Stilt regions discovering the cute hangout spots (and some rez zones). This one is lovely:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Eastbridge Quay/55/126/23

1050041371_EastbridgeQuay_001.thumb.png.28abc3d2ae5642dff0272960f4843443.png

Eastbridge Quay also has a Tiki bar hangout too. It's a lovely region with some lovely Stilt home spots. It's not released yet, and I think it will make some future home owners very happy:)

1461826348_EastbridgeQuay_2_001.png.ea6159bf33c070c5d48a412545f34ff8.png

(I've collected a few landmarks now. If anyone is interested I can post them to the forum.)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
Added photo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 24/12/2020 at 19:51, Blush Bravin said:

Eu também não encontrei um, então fiz um para fazer até que um seja disponibilizado. Eu o coloquei no patamar da minha loja. É gratuito e nenhum grupo necessário. Apenas pegue e use até que o pacote de conteúdo seja atualizado.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Barcola/39/114/25

it was great to finish the pergola. Thank you for your kindness.

DEZ-2020-ny_101.thumb.jpg.8829ad3e85dde5a74cbc1bf5b5982d13.jpg

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.