What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Another pet peeve - soil on mushrooms ☹️

Why can't the mushroom farmer clean it? You wouldn't expect a car dealer to sell a brand new car with bird poo all over the windscreen ☹️ Why does the mushroom customer have to clean it off??

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

You wouldn't expect a car dealer to sell a brand new car with bird poo all over the windscreen ☹️ 

It might add value to a Skoda. 

(Sorry, I just love Skoda jokes. I also love Skoda drivers. I was in a terrible traffic jam once and a car managed to pass me very slowly...and the people inside leaned out and shouted, "Haha, we overtook you and we're in a Skoda!")

ETA: Obviously, though, nothing is greater than a Reliant Robin. There's one not too far from where I live and it always makes my day when I see it out and about.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 3

My best GF has a modern Skoda Rapid "Spaceback Monte Carlo" lol! 
It's fire engine red and a very very cool little car :)
Moon roof, mags etc.
I like them. 8^)

My RL peeve is my precious metals supplier has "rebranded" and casting granules
of all metals have gone up in price by about %20. 🤨🤑🤬

Scumbagz 😠

Rapid_Spaceback_Monte_Carlo_001-1440x960.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Another pet peeve - soil on mushrooms ☹️

Why can't the mushroom farmer clean it? You wouldn't expect a car dealer to sell a brand new car with bird poo all over the windscreen ☹️ Why does the mushroom customer have to clean it off??

I'm gonna take a wildassedguess at this. Mushrooms and water don't mix well, especially for storage. So you can't wash mushrooms and then package them up for sale in stores. Dry mushrooms are pretty delicate. I'm imagining they are either lightly brushed or shot with air. I did try to find a quick answer to this but while I could find instruction on growing mushrooms I couldn't find what I was looking for after they are cut and before they end up at your store.

• Like 3

Peeve: Peeve thread being moved off of page one? That is a bridge too far!

Peeve: Not that I thought there was to be more said in a certain thread, but it got closed for going off topic and after five pages with granted a TAD of off topic, it was one of the more consistently on topic threads I've seen for a while. Weird.

Not a peeve but a LOL: Apparently I picked up a peeved up little noob, who is now following me around, visiting my profile page and hitting the confused reaction on my posts. :D Yeah, that'll show me. I've never had anything so mean ever done to me in the forums before. [yes punkin, that's sarcasm font]

I forget who it was who was missing the Swifty gifs. YW.  (I had more but they went over mb limit :*(    )

Taylor-Swift-Confused-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif

TScan't be surprised.gif

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Peeve: Peeve thread being moved off of page one? That is a bridge too far!

Peeve: Not that I thought there was to be more said in a certain thread, but it got closed for going off topic and after five pages with granted a TAD of off topic, it was one of the more consistently on topic threads I've seen for a while. Weird.

Not a peeve but a LOL: Apparently I picked up a peeved up little noob, who is now following me around, visiting my profile page and hitting the confused reaction on my posts. :D Yeah, that'll show me. I've never had anything so mean ever done to me in the forums before. [yes punkin, that's sarcasm font]

I forget who it was who was missing the Swifty gifs. YW.  (I had more but they went over mb limit :*(    )

Taylor-Swift-Confused-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif

TScan't be surprised.gif

They removed a lot of the off topic posts about coloring huds before the lock.  The OP hadn't returned before they did, sadly.  But his confusion seems to be more about reality than you IMO.  Or he just likes your *****cat.  😉😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

But his confusion seems to be more about reality than you IMO.  Or he just likes your *****cat.  😉😂

/me nods sadly

I'm really devastated.

Oh, it is a "him"? Didn't know that. Now I'm even more devastated.

TS crying 2.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

/me nods sadly

I'm really devastated.

Oh, it is a "him"? Didn't know that. Now I'm even more devastated.

TS crying 2.gif

I have no idea to be honest.  The name is a little ambiguous.

Eta:  yes, wouldn't want to be off topic.  Let's see...peeve of the day...ambiguous names?

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I have no idea to be honest.  The name is a little ambiguous.

If I typed how I think said person is posting and behaving, Scylla would be after me for feeding into misogynistic stereotypes. :) So I won't.

• Haha 3

Just now, Gatogateau said:

/me facepalms and realizes that there were posts some months ago that had I known this largess I would have typed as the kitteh and not Seicher

Alternatively, just add some ears and a cute nose and tail to Seicher.

Oh, and lick my boots.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that's pretty adorable.

On topic pet peeve: people who use the slightest hint from me to completely and thoroughly out-cute me.

Well, gosh, it ain't hard when the bar is set so low. I mean mew.

64642aaf3ab32a26272c6e0357586ae9.gif

ETA: See thread in "lifestyle & relationship" subforum "misunderstandings" about how humor can backfire...

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Haha 2

Peeve: shape makers who do not know how to take their vendor photo without the viewer lens distortion. If you don’t know that as a basic, how exactly are you making shapes without that same distorted view as you customize them? They’d all look terrible. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.