What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Unnecessary rigging, or not including unrigged options.

The most obvious example would be short hairstyles. Rigging has no benefit at all and makes it impossible to adjust. Other examples would include simple earrings (the ear already has an attachment point!) and bracelets and whatever else...

It bothers me! As if rigging by itself was a selling point!

One size doesn't fit all. Rigged hair does not necessarily work well for all heads available on the market. What may fit on a Catwa does not fit so well on the Genus.  Forget about figuring out how the longer hair would fall on a Maitreya, Belleza, or Signature without digging into the body. Can you imagine trying to rig hair for all the various head and body combinations?

None of this would be news to you I suspect Ashlyn....
The good old deep breathing exercises

There was a time long ago where my family had dire concerns for my well being, having suffered 
a very serious medical condition and being 3000 kms from home.

These natural remedies allowed me to focus and be rid of the disgusting, crapola, anti depressants
that pay for the doctors next holiday or three, by throwing them in the bin one week after being prescribed.
Good luck chook! 8^)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I really can not believe this thread has gone on as long as it has. 

Well, SL is never short of irritations - some minor, some not so minor.  Many of the things said here have been repeated, but that is because the irritations are always there.

Besides, for many of us, it is human nature to want to vent, at least a little.  This is kind of like having a rant or soap box, but in a really miniature form.

• Like 5

So I was talking to a friend in SL the other day and was reminded, sort of, of one of my pet peeves in SL'

Foot position.

By that I mean relative to the ground, it really bothers me when I see people with their feet in the ground, or gaps between the ground and the bottoms of their shoes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Talligurl said:

So I was talking to a friend in SL the other day and was reminded, sort of, of one of my pet peeves in SL'

Foot position.

By that I mean relative to the ground, it really bothers me when I see people with their feet in the ground, or gaps between the ground and the bottoms of their shoes.

Well, if we are ever on the same region, don't look at my feet! I don't know what it is or WHY, but I constantly have to use the hover height slider. It annoys the frack out of me.

Corollary: It isn't really a peeve, but it bugs me to see women without ankle lock on, it comes with most (?) mesh bodies, and if it doesn't you can get freebies on the Marketplace and they work on everything from system to mesh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

it bugs me to see women without ankle lock on, it comes with most (?) mesh bodies, and if it doesn't you can get freebies on the Marketplace and they work on everything from system to mesh.

What's ankle lock? 

(Sounds fun.)

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:07 PM, NikolaosSakamoto said:

Peeve:  People who involve me in their kink without my consent.  Keep your collars, leashes, cages, and discussions thereof in the appropriate places.

Or how about you just not click the topic. instead of thinking people have to care what you like or dont like seeing or where.

same with collars and leashes.. dont go to A sims if you dont want to see it. If you go to an A sim and some has a collar on they dont have to hide it or leave just because you are there. Even if you were there first.

likewise if you are on a A sim and someone starts a kinky conversation they dont have to take it to IM just because you dont want to see it. Use the tools that LL gave you, block them so you dont see what they are saying in local chat.

They dont owe you anything about how they want to talk or behave around you. If it makes you too uncomfortable then move away from them or block them and derender them. Even if you were there first it does not give you any special rights about what they can or cannot do around you.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Or how about you just not click the topic. instead of thinking people have to care what you like or dont like seeing or where.

same with collars and leashes.. dont go to A sims if you dont want to see it. If you go to an A sim and some has a collar on they dont have to hide it or leave just because you are there. Even if you were there first.

likewise if you are on a A sim and someone starts a kinky conversation they dont have to take it to IM just because you dont want to see it. Use the tools that LL gave you, block them so you dont see what they are saying in local chat.

They dont owe you anything about how they want to talk or behave around you. If it makes you too uncomfortable then move away from them or block them and derender them. Even if you were there first it does not give you any special rights about what they can or cannot do around you.

In general, I'm in agreement with you -- although I'd query whether it's only in adult sims that you'd see someone wearing a collar, leash, or other forms of restraint or kink gear. I see them all over.

And, although I don't like it, that's fine. The world is full of things I don't like that I accept because I believe in choice.

My assumption on reading the post you quote was that something different was meant. I may be wrong of course. But where I draw the line is in being co-opted into participating in some forms of D/s. I am not going to refer to someone as a Master or Dom/me on their say-so. It's not on me to treat a sub as a sub because that's the role they've assumed. And if a sub calls me "mistress" or something similar, I'll correct them, regardless of their instructions from their D.

I recognize that there is some debate about whether such behaviours constitute "proper" D/s or BDSM. I'm with those who think they are inappropriate, and a kind of violation of the contract between two individuals.

I am happy to accept that this is how they wish to relate to each other. I have not, and will not, consent into buying into it. And my consent matters too.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

In general, I'm in agreement with you -- although I'd query whether it's only in adult sims that you'd see someone wearing a collar, leash, or other forms of restraint or kink gear. I see them all over.

And, although I don't like it, that's fine. The world is full of things I don't like that I accept because I believe in choice.

My assumption on reading the post you quote was that something different was meant. I may be wrong of course. But where I draw the line is in being co-opted into participating in some forms of D/s. I am not going to refer to someone as a Master or Dom/me on their say-so. It's not on me to treat a sub as a sub because that's the role they've assumed. And if a sub calls me "mistress" or something similar, I'll correct them, regardless of their instructions from their D.

I recognize that there is some debate about whether such behaviours constitute "proper" D/s or BDSM. I'm with those who think they are inappropriate, and a kind of violation of the contract between two individuals.

I am happy to accept that this is how they wish to relate to each other. I have not, and will not, consent into buying into it. And my consent matters too.

I do agree with you on the fact on not calling any wannabe dom/me or masta/mistress by any honorific they did not earn or negotiate for. I just laugh at those kinds of people now or snicker at their comments in world when they act that way. I read a profile and it says "must respond to me by calling me Goddess/Mistress" I usually make a snarky comment about it in chat to show them how silly they are being.

No one tells me how to respond to them ever, especially if not in some dynamic with them already.

I also agree that people should not use honorifics with others that they are not in some sort of dynamic with. It is disrespectful to that other person and shows a lack of understanding about proper d/s dynamics. Even if a dom/master says they have to, does not mean they really do or should.

And yes they might see it in G or M sims but often you wont see the cages or other d/s furniture in those sims unless at someones house.

I wear my collar where ever I go. even on G sims, most of the time no one ever says anything about it. I even have my cuffs on most of the time then too. As long as I am not actively engaging in a scene in a G sim I dont see any problem wearing my things there. Its just part of my outfit at that point.

My view was that the person was going to certain sims and seeing things and thinking that just because they were there everyone had to stop or take it to im or move away from them.. when that is not the case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Huh.  wasn't talking about you, so i had to look back.

Nothing about this topic indicated your fetishes.  this is a general, non adult forum and place.  Instead of me not clicking.. random.. non adult.. general topic... you maybe keep your fetishes out of this general place?  Yes, people DO owe basic respect.  That's literally a BDSM commandment.  Kink without consent is the antithesis of the scene.  What indication was there to avoid this?  Where is your kink allowed here?  Was I supposed to stay out of a very generic, front facing forum where all are encouraged to be, or was it your responsibility to keep it to scene places?

You don't belong if you can't observe the basic rules of consent.  Yes, you.  You, Derpanherpa Herpfold, I am now talking directly to you.  I wasn't before and you thought I was, and now I am.  Keep your kinks to the places they belong.  There is no scene without enthusiastic consent from all involved.  You are part of the problem.  You make those in the scene look bad.  You're an embarrassment.

People shouldn't have to "ignore" you.  It's on you to be aware of consent.

Edited by NikolaosSakamoto
Person who only pays lip service to "consent" and thinks it means "What I, personally, like to see"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

I do agree with you on the fact on not calling any wannabe dom/me or masta/mistress by any honorific they did not earn or negotiate for. I just laugh at those kinds of people now or snicker at their comments in world when they act that way. I read a profile and it says "must respond to me by calling me Goddess/Mistress" I usually make a snarky comment about it in chat to show them how silly they are being.

One of my pet eye rolls as a virtual submissive, is pseudo submissives who would be more honest if they hide their collars and uncover the chip on their shoulder. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is a response to you and a few of the other comments so far regarding: keep the kink out.

I understood the original comment to be about kink in non-BDSM places (not all Adult regions are BDSM). I have to agree, mostly. There's nothing wrong with wearing a collar in other regions, including General. Cages, as have been mentioned, usually aren't in such places, but cages themselves are not adult and can be part of other role play in SL. Leashes, gags, bondage... yes. I see people with those in shopping areas. The last one was Uber. Just... no. That's like going to your local park in real life doing the same thing.

Discussions? Hm. Depends on the discussion.

I honestly do not know if Nikolaus is referring to the joking around Scylla and I have done every so often (the last about her boots... :) ). I *suppose* that could be considered inappropriate, but geez, get a life. General descriptions, like Nikolaus started here (kind of ironically), and the conversation that is resulting, again I *suppose* that could be considered inappropriate, but again, geez, get a life. But this is a general discussion forum, where "anything goes" and we've seen politics, race relations, and gawd knows what else discussed, and a general discussion about general aspects of BDSM is not out of line, in my opinion. There's always the scroll feature on your mouse.

If you are on an adult, BDSM region, it helps to know the regions rules. Some regions do have rules that all dominants are to be called by honorifics and all subs are not allowed to sit on furniture but have to use floor cushions, etc. I personally try to avoid such places, but sometimes they are holding a group discussion that I'm interested in and so, yup, I abide by the rules. (I also try to skirt them by not addressing someone specifically, so avoiding honorifics, and by standing off to the side. I'm not a sub to the grid.)

BDSM without consent isn't cool, but to say seeing someone wearing a collar is involving you in their kink is a bit much. In real life I often see people with collars, and I'll bet in 90% of the instances that collar is nothing more than a piece of jewelry.  I saw a hilarious photo of someone in a full latex outfit and a face mask going grocery shopping (the latex being a type of protective clothing in this instance). Sometimes people just have to stop trying so hard to be offended. You'll wear out your pearls if you keep clutching them so hard.

• Like 8

Wearing a collar/cuffs out in public/General? Not a problem. At all.

Under most circumstances that is going to be the beginning and end of 'kink' being shown outside of more private spaces (I am aware this is not always the case, don't really care - you're an Adult, act like one).

Can't handle even that little exposure?

That is a problem with you - seek help.

ETA (pardon, those who've already reacted): Discussions/conversations regarding kink? As long as you're not going into much detail there's no problem whatsoever. Can't handle that? See above.

Edited by Solar Legion
Forgot about discussions
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.