RAWr Creativity! Show your raw self(ies)!

Seicher Rae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Charcoal Kidd said:

Thank you so much Scylla means a lot as I am a long time fan of your work on the How Does Your Avatar Look Today thread, but was super nervous about posting anything.

What Scylla said!

Seriously, I know all about 'not measuring up to.' The regulars in there are simply extremely good. Can't Compete Ever. Then I realized I don't really have to. :) Just post from your heart, what moves you, and let Photoshop skills be damned! The art I have appreciated the most in this world was never about technical perfection anyway. Sometimes the simplest things can move you intensely, and the technically most 'perfect' works just be boring. It's always about the soul of the artist behind it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

What Scylla said!

Seriously, I know all about 'not measuring up to.' The regulars in there are simply extremely good. Can't Compete Ever. Then I realized I don't really have to. :) Just post from your heart, what moves you, and let Photoshop skills be damned! The art I have appreciated the most in this world was never about technical perfection anyway. Sometimes the simplest things can move you intensely, and the technically most 'perfect' works just be boring. It's always about the soul of the artist behind it.

I don't consider myself overly artistic or creative, and I don't do fancy stuff with my photos, but if I've chosen to post some photo, it's because there's something I really like about the way it turned out - and that's why I post it - because I liked it (though I always hope others will also).  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I don't consider myself overly artistic or creative, and I don't do fancy stuff with my photos, but if I've chosen to post some photo, it's because there's something I really like about the way it turned out - and that's why I post it - because I liked it (though I always hope others will also).  

And that was kinda my point: just post it, because it has meaning to you. :) The rest is irrelevant, really. Trying to measure up is a certified way of stiffling one's own expression.

N.B. Perhaps I shouldn't even have said 'artist', as that can already put undue pressure on a person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I don't really know how to measure "artistic" or "creative."

I think your pics are both, though, for two reasons: 1) I really like your sense of personal style, and 2) they communicate a kind of peace and serenity that I covet.

So, there you are. Others do like it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

What Scylla said!

Shame; another nameless user can't get this but she posts for likes and whines when she thinks she not getting enough but you nailed it on head with what you said so please other new posters never feel discouraged and enjoy posting for well sake of posting. :)  This one my rawr unedited shots from a while back but I like it.

red hidng hood_002.png

• Like 7

lost in song

Using the default region windlight for my home and only cropped.  I did take this one at a higher resolution than usual, so maybe you all are rubbing off on me despite my relunctance to be other than just a causal photographer :)    I didn't zoom in closer because often the larger setting is important to me for what I want to capture - and I'm not a true 'selfie' type person.

One of the things I love about SL is I can pretend I'm really a musician and no one will no that I can only play music that is written down  note for note.  I have a collection of instruments in SL that I love to play.  I especially love this guitar setup, because one of the songs that can be played is "Killing Me Softly With His Song" which is a beautiful song, and one which I used to have the music for and play on my guitar back when I was in high school (back in the '70's  when it was the Roberta Flack version we listened to --- when the Fugees did a cover in the late '90's my kids were in high school).

• Like 10

Raw, except for a fix of a small alpha glitch problem. Not a particularly interesting pic, but it does show off my boobs to good effect. And that's reason enough to post it, right?

Fashion-8-2-Blank.thumb.jpg.1af7a67252d3f264d4dc6fb2bc03ab8b.jpg

Oh, and the fact that the forum won't let me upload any images.

Grrrr!

(TBC)

(Stupid forum still was not letting me post my PNG files this morning, but I discovered that saving them as JPGs seems to get around that. Stupid forum.)

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 10

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Raw, except for a fix of a small alpha glitch problem.

Grrrr!

(TBC)

A *small* alpha glitch problem?! Looks like 100% alpha to me! 😛 

• Haha 2

Just now, kiramanell said:

A *small* alpha glitch problem?! Looks like 100% alpha to me! 😛 

Indeed.

There's a thread about this problem on the Forum Feedback board. It's the first time it's happened to me, personally, but it's been going on for more than 2 weeks, on and off, apparently. Tried a different browser, resized pics, tried different pics, tried different account, etc. . . . no good.

Oh well. I'll just take my pictures where someone appreciates them! Hmmmph!

/me flounces off to bed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Indeed.

There's a thread about this problem on the Forum Feedback board. It's the first time it's happened to me, personally, but it's been going on for more than 2 weeks, on and off, apparently. Tried a different browser, resized pics, tried different pics, tried different account, etc. . . . no good.

Oh well. I'll just take my pictures where someone appreciates them! Hmmmph!

/me flounces off to bed

I only saw something about the -200 error thingy. Has not happened to me yet, but maybe I just jinxed it. ;) 

• Like 1

Others post about where they took their snapshots. I visit the places that interest me. So I like it when people say where.

This in Santana... a place with LOTS of books. The parcel name is Empire of Books. The link is to the tunnels... but the system will land you at the entry point. Go in the building in front of you... well... closest to where you land and touch the book to enter the Catacombs of Bucchaim, which is where I think I am in the picture.

Nal-@SantanaBD_003.thumb.png.9f9cf98292504fd071b9917b872d5af8.png

This is the raw unedited image taken with BD. I used the poser to get the hands as i wanted them and set the position in the chair.

It is a 3MB Ping file. It uploaded OK via drag & drop. Used Chrome. It took a minute. 

The edited version is posted on Flickr here.

Of the recent places I have visited Puddlechurch is the most impressive I have seen in some time. These catacombs while not as impressive are extensive... I suppose one could wonder through them for days.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Others post about where they took their snapshots. I visit the places that interest me. So I like it when people say where.

This in Santana... a place with LOTS of books. The parcel name is Empire of Books. The link is to the tunnels... but the system will land you at the entry point. Go in the building in front of you... well... closest to where you land and touch the book to enter the Catacombs of Bucchaim, which is where I think I am in the picture.

Nal-@SantanaBD_003.thumb.png.9f9cf98292504fd071b9917b872d5af8.png

This is the raw unedited image taken with BD. I used the poser to get the hands as i wanted them and set the position in the chair.

It is a 3MB Ping file. It uploaded OK via drag & drop. Used Chrome. It took a minute. 

The edited version is posted on Flickr here.

Of the recent places I have visited Puddlechurch is the most impressive I have seen in some time. These catacombs while not as impressive are extensive... I suppose one could wonder through them for days.

Great shot, Nalates! I got hopelessly lost in those catacombs, but it sure was fun. 🙂 

Edited by Eva Knoller
derp
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Heh, I readily admit I have no idea how to get an unprocessed, usable photo out of firestorm.  I can handle everything else I need in-game.  But the gamma is invariably WAY too dark.  the actual in-world scene is quite a bit brighter than the captured photo.  This is so common that I have a typical adjustment layer I pop on... exposure: +0.5, Gamma: 1.2.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2020 at 3:12 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Not a particularly interesting pic, but it does show off my boobs to good effect.

For me personally it is more about the dress (love that pattern!), the hair, the make-up, and the eyes. Breasts are nice, too, though (pet peeve: I hate breasts being called 'boobs,' lol ;) ). Like the pic Rhonda posted sometime back of her system avi that did show off her chest, but to me was just overwhelmingly gobsmacking because of everything from the shoulders up. I just kept looking at that shaking my head and muttering "Ohhh...myyyy.gawddd..." over an over. I wish I bookmarked that for later enjoyment.

Edited by CaerolleClaudel
forum got confused by smiley next to close parenthesis
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:12 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Raw, except for a fix of a small alpha glitch problem. Not a particularly interesting pic, but it does show off my boobs to good effect. And that's reason enough to post it, right?

Fashion-8-2-Blank.thumb.jpg.1af7a67252d3f264d4dc6fb2bc03ab8b.jpg

Grrrr!

(TBC)

(Stupid forum still was not letting me post my PNG files this morning, but I discovered that saving them as JPGs seems to get around that. Stupid forum.)

Boobs came out just fine. :) Just be prepared for ppl asking you again why you aren't wearing a bra. 😛 

• Like 1

This is nice!  It always amazes me how other people see their inworld.  I did however think that the How Do You Look Today thread was for raw shots and The Vanity Thread was for those who do editing.  I realize it didn't turn out that way and super-processed photos are in both threads.  Every photo I've ever posted anywhere in the forums is raw. 

Here's Z at home:

fdgdf_002.png

• Like 13

On 5/25/2020 at 2:11 PM, Damian Mills said:

Heh, I readily admit I have no idea how to get an unprocessed, usable photo out of firestorm.  I can handle everything else I need in-game.  But the gamma is invariably WAY too dark.  the actual in-world scene is quite a bit brighter than the captured photo.  This is so common that I have a typical adjustment layer I pop on... exposure: +0.5, Gamma: 1.2.

Try grabbing an image with another viewer. Black Dragon is handy for photos. See if you have the same problem with a viewer other than Firestorm. If you do then the problem is likely in how you have your computer set. Fixing that is a whole other level of troubleshooting. See blow. And in Windows enter Color Management in Cortana/Search and get your computer and screen calibrated to each other.

If changing viewers resolves the problem then look at Firestorm. Gather your computer and viewer specs (use viewer HELP->About...) and post your question again with all that info in the Answers section of the forum.

The Environment part of the viewer has a gamma setting. Testing with Firestorm I find changing the setting affects both my screen images and the snapshot saved to disk image.

There is another gamma setting in Preferences->Graphics->Hardware. But it is grayed out in my viewer.

There are 3 gamma settings in the Debug Settings; RenderDeferredDisplayGamma, RenderGamma, and RenderGammaFull. But all 3 affect the screen images and saved images.

The camera panel has Filters. If you have a filter set then the saved image will be different than what you see on screen. But that resets to NONE with each log on/off.  If that is not it, I have no clue how you see one thing on screen and save something else. Explain your problem in Answers and we'll find someone that can figure out a fix.

PM me with a link if you post in Answers...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.