RAWr Creativity! Show your raw self(ies)!

Seicher Rae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's another two-fer today :)  The first is raw, using my SL photo settings/ photo tools only, and cropped to remove the couch one of my neighbors accidentally pushed slightly out of her wall:

634624798_Boat_005.croppedonly.thumb.png.b180618eaf20526be86faf50bda055f4.png

Since the raw shot was a bit dark, I tormented the picture in Photoshop by adjusting curves and hitting up Auto Tone:

Boat_005_edit.thumb.png.2677061051966abc03e438d0892fadb0.png

I should have adjusted the pose a bit, but I didn't notice it until I opened the picture in Photoshop and at that point I didn't want to be bothered with going back to re-do the shoot.  I'm a slacker :P

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

It's another two-fer today :) The first is raw, using my SL photo settings/ photo tools only, and cropped to remove the couch one of my neighbors accidentally pushed slightly out of her wall:

634624798_Boat_005.croppedonly.thumb.png.b180618eaf20526be86faf50bda055f4.png

Since the raw shot was a bit dark, I tormented the picture in Photoshop by adjusting curves and hitting up Auto Tone:

Boat_005_edit.thumb.png.2677061051966abc03e438d0892fadb0.png

I should have adjusted the pose a bit, but I didn't notice it until I opened the picture in Photoshop and at that point I didn't want to be bothered with going back to re-do the shoot.  I'm a slacker :P

Nah, we'll just say you were doing a small jump in the air for having gotten the windlight, pose and perfect spot so right. :) Don't Panic! 😜

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

Nah, we'll just say you were doing a small jump in the air for having gotten the windlight, pose and perfect spot so right. :) Don't Panic! 😜

Heee -- that works!  And I love my stupid boat, and its very silly name 😄  It brings me a weird amount of joy, lol

• Like 2

On 5/20/2020 at 8:37 PM, kiramanell said:

Color me confused. 😕 From my perspective, something went horribly wrong on the right. :( 

ETA: In the famous words of Emperor Joseph II (Amadeus): "What is this? I don't understand. Is it modern?"

Seriously, seems like some sort of bizarre chroma plane shift or something. Very strange.

I wanted to age and distress it but in a regular way, as if it had gone through some kind of roller or got stamped but not use a filter or any post-processing. So yep. My goal was not a pretty picture but something ‘wtf’. 😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I wanted to age and distress it but in a regular way, as if it had gone through some kind of roller or got stamped but not use a filter or any post-processing. So yep. My goal was not a pretty picture but something ‘wtf’. 😉

Hehe, thx for explaining it... and for taking it so well, to be honest. ❤️ I really thought something had gone wrong (like one layer having rotated the wrong way or something like that), cuz the 'stamp' kinda had the pattern of the pavement you were standing on. I guess it really was 'modern'. 😛  But honestly, it was not mi intention to offend you. Sorry. I simply didn't understand. 

38 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Hehe, thx for explaining it... and for taking it so well, to be honest. ❤️ I really thought something had gone wrong (like one layer having rotated the wrong way or something like that), cuz the 'stamp' kinda had the pattern of the pavement you were standing on. I guess it really was 'modern'. 😛  But honestly, it was not mi intention to offend you. Sorry. I simply didn't understand. 

Totally not offended. 🦋 I really try to keep what I’m doing about my own process and not be as invested in what people interpret though I really love all feedback. Yours was very on point though . In society, something *HAS* gone terribly wrong Recently with the virus spreading, things are upside down and in many ways ‘something’s just not right’. So thats what I was trying to convey with the photo. I can easily make that impression with post-production Filters and overlay settings so it was the challenge to do it from the firestorm camera tools only. 

• Like 1

Long time reader, first time posting a photo I believe, but heck RAW and unprocessed is certainly something even I can try, right?

Uncropped, untouched taken on my property in the Firestorm viewer.  My attempt at using depth of field to add to the visual story.  I wanted to convey a sense of anticipation mixed with apprehension/tension as so many of us begin to venture outside again.

ByTheWater-2.thumb.jpg.f70b4558209845718aa4fb0e0d415865.jpg

Edited to add the forgotten word "hesitation."

Edited by Charcoal Kidd
  • Like 16

22 minutes ago, Charcoal Kidd said:

Long time reader, first time posting a photo I believe, but heck RAW and unprocessed is certainly something even I can try, right?

Uncropped, untouched taken on my property in the Firestorm viewer.  My attempt at using depth of field to add to the visual story.  I wanted to convey a sense of anticipation mixed with apprehension/tension as so many of us begin to venture outside again.

ByTheWater-2.thumb.jpg.f70b4558209845718aa4fb0e0d415865.jpg

Edited to add the forgotten word "hesitation."

What a wonderful pic!!! Aside from composition and the technical stuff (you've demonstrated that a "raw" shot can be every bit as compelling as a processed one), you've caught that trepidation and hesitation you were after really well!

More please!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What a wonderful pic!!! Aside from composition and the technical stuff (you've demonstrated that a "raw" shot can be every bit as compelling as a processed one), you've caught that trepidation and hesitation you were after really well!

More please!

Thank you so much Scylla means a lot as I am a long time fan of your work on the How Does Your Avatar Look Today thread, but was super nervous about posting anything.

• Like 3

On 5/21/2020 at 10:59 AM, kiramanell said:

I just figured it was an action shot.  Caught you as you were pushing off the deck to stand up.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Charcoal Kidd said:

Thank you so much Scylla means a lot as I am a long time fan of your work on the How Does Your Avatar Look Today thread, but was super nervous about posting anything.

No need to be nervous anymore! Even if it were true that the How Does Your Avatar Look thread were only for "proficient" photos, you could put yours next to anyone's and feel in no way inadequate! This really and truly is lovely. So post away, please!

And thank you. 🙂

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.