RAWr Creativity! Show your raw self(ies)!

Seicher Rae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

I make my own most of the time these days. Buying a pose, you'll rarely get it to look the way it does in the ad - different shapes and bodies means that positioning of things can change quite radically, especially when most pose-makers cater to the T-rex people. Whilst you can edit the poses with the Black Dragon poser, it's almost just as easy to just make your own pose from scratch and fitting it to your personal shape.

Thx. :) I had never even considered that you can make your own poses (at least not without having mastered gawdawful difficult programs like Blender et al.). I really want to try and do this, as you're right: I can hardly ever find a pose that truly fits the occasion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

I had never even considered that you can make your own poses (at least not without having mastered gawdawful difficult programs like Blender et al.). I really want to try and do this, as you're right: I can hardly ever find a pose that truly fits the occasion.

Blender has a pretty steep learning curve, and Avastar is expensive. A lot of people go for AnyPose which lets you make the poses directly in-world, but it's quite pricey and, at least last I tried it, a bit clunky and inaccurate. Personally I use Qavimator for as long as I don't need a bento pose (I tend to animate face and hands separate anyway), it's free and you don't even have to upload the pose (L$10) to use it for a single shot (just let the animation uploader keep running whilst you set up the shot). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@kiramanell In addition to the built-in BD poser and purchased poses, there is also the Lelutka Axis HUD. It is great if you don't use Black Dragon or don't feel like fiddling with the poser for your face. It is the single most used HUD I own. In moves every bone in the face and head, and the HUD is super user-friendly and intuitive. So you can tilt or turn your head, smile, raise an eyebrow, etc. Oh, and it works on every head, not just Lelutka. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

@kiramanell In addition to the built-in BD poser and purchased poses, there is also the Lelutka Axis HUD. It is great if you don't use Black Dragon or don't feel like fiddling with the poser for your face. It is the single most used HUD I own. In moves every bone in the face and head, and the HUD is super user-friendly and intuitive. So you can tilt or turn your head, smile, raise an eyebrow, etc. Oh, and it works on every head, not just Lelutka. 🙂 

Awww, thank you!! I'm going to get the HUD rightaway. 👍

N.B. And I won't do the usual thing, where I say that I really admire how helpful and supportive you are... but you are. 🤗

ETA: I finally realized this forum has signatures, LOL. See? I'm learing. 😍

Edited by kiramanell
Addendum
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Moira Timmerman said:

1268293879_20200530artstudioatRamanujan_001.thumb.jpg.b46f6099c209f96fc65d98ef47912e16.jpg

Really loving this concept, looking thru the window. ❤️

And as for your avi, while she continues to look beautiful as ever, I also really love how you dress her up, fitting the style of the homes in the scene. :) I can really envision you sitting there in RL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

unknown.png

Nothing but Ultra quality, some nice antialiasing and depth of field on. Cropped out my HUDs and such since I don't use the SL screenshot feature and instead use lightshot to printscreen. ^^ Got a new laptop with higher specs than my last and found out it can run SL at a smooth 60 with DoF on and decided to take a couple shots. I don't usually post pictures of my avatars but here are.

Edited by LilithServil
  • Like 11

I haven't been taking many pictures lately; work, and more home decor have kept me away from it, as well as getting shrill with some scripts :P  However, here I am today, holding the product of some of my labors.  First, raw, cropping only:

490810288_CoffeeMugNope_001.cropped.thumb.png.a0c1934ec5d5c9c959cec32d0c0b06c3.png

Next, with some lighting adaptations (auto-contrast and heightened curves):

810093833_CoffeeMugNope_001.edited.thumb.png.217c6a4f9347f119a2df552ede5d6fe2.png

Because... nope.  I'm all about the nope lately :)  I even noped out of my photo settings... although that's more because I just plain forgot!  Ah, brain, how you do love your little vacations...

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I haven't been taking many pictures lately; work, and more home decor have kept me away from it, as well as getting shrill with some scripts :P  However, here I am today, holding the product of some of my labors.  First, raw, cropping only:

490810288_CoffeeMugNope_001.cropped.thumb.png.a0c1934ec5d5c9c959cec32d0c0b06c3.png

Next, with some lighting adaptations (auto-contrast and heightened curves):

810093833_CoffeeMugNope_001.edited.thumb.png.217c6a4f9347f119a2df552ede5d6fe2.png

Because... nope.  I'm all about the nope lately :)  I even noped out of my photo settings... although that's more because I just plain forgot!  Ah, brain, how you do love your little vacations...

Sorry to say, but nope, you did good! 🤩👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A DRAMATIC REENACTMENT!

Quick FS snaps of What Actually Occurred to Me Today in SL!!!

I was working on the underwater build. I was also playing around with the Buttonjar Bubble (which I love, they are so shiny and work so well). There will be a rezzer on the place somewhere. Anyway, I needed to go AFK, and I left hapless Seicher in her bubble and left SL running. This is the innocent situation, with IMPENDING DOOM soon to come!

Thither hamster course 060120_003.jpg

Par, the region owner was still there. And he's an oldbie. One thing you do NOT do around an oldbie is leave your avatar AFK for a couple of hours. I forgot.

I returned to find this. A hamster tube! I was trapped! I had no recourse but to run the tube in my bubble! The shame. The horror.

The. Man. Built. A. GD. Hamster. Habitat. And. Trapped. Me. In. It.

Well played, Par, well played.

PS Gentle reader, it is an absolute hoot. Par is under strict ORDERS not to remove it until absolutely necessary for the build.

Thither hamster course 060120_001.jpg

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Par, the region owner was still there.  And he's an oldbie. One thing you do NOT do around an oldbie is leave your avatar AFK for a couple of hours. I forgot.

If that's the Par I know, I'm not surprised :)  

(Even though I have my mainland parcel, I've also rented a parcel from Par for the past several years.)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

If that's the Par I know, I'm not surprised :)  

(Even though I have my mainland parcel, I've also rented a parcel from Par for the past several years.)

Hope you will enjoy the weirdness of things underwater then. :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.