RAWr Creativity! Show your raw self(ies)!

Seicher Rae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, asteriddle said:

unknown.png

i love the racing outfit i made so much Q_Q 

what's the point of having your car fly through the air spinning wildly out of control if you dont look cute while doing it honestly

And you DO look cute. The car flying and spinning wildly out of control is pretty much a normal day of me trying any vehicle in SL. I don't look so cute doing it, just kinda stupid really. :) I've even had my wearable horse fly me across region crossings!  

Love your pink car, too, btw.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Okay, today it's just a straight-up raw picture... and I realized I could move the sun around with the PhotoTools in Firestorm!
I know this is something everyone has likely already discovered.  It was a new one on me, though 😛

Morning Coffee 051520.png

This is lovely and a great use of DoF! Moving the sun around is a game changer, right?  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Okay, today it's just a straight-up raw picture... and I realized I could move the sun around with the PhotoTools in Firestorm!
I know this is something everyone has likely already discovered.  It was a new one on me, though 😛

Morning Coffee 051520.png

That is perfection to me, the glow of your skin, and the fine detail of the t1t on your chair back. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, kiramanell said:

So very endearing. ❤️

LOL, at first I didn't even notice the teapot: it's blended in so well with the garden. :) 

Thanks, Kira!  It's a neat set, and I love how it worked out in this picture :)

20 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

What @kiramanell said about this being endearing. I love the lighting, and yes, the brown richness of the shadows on the tea pot. And LoL, yeah, I hear you about just finding something on the viewer. Every couple of months I learn something that apparently other photographers have known for years and I'm like, "Wut?" (Locking camera position is one that comes to mind...) And now that I'm also using Black Dragon... oy.

I know!!!  I was even playing around with it yesterday when I was dancing at a club, as the light wasn't flattering on my avatar (and I wasn't even TAKING pictures lol).  And thank you :)

20 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

This is lovely and a great use of DoF! Moving the sun around is a game changer, right?  

Oh my goodness, is it ever -- never again will I struggle to create a stupid glowing ball lol.  Just move the sun :D

17 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

That is perfection to me, the glow of your skin, and the fine detail of the t1t on your chair back. 

Thank you, Marigold :)  As a side note, I love that the forum censorship software makes us have to dance around to spell legitimate words, like the name of a bird... hee!!!

Sorry this took me so long to respond to, all; yesterday was a beast of a day.  I was at the physical office to perform essential functions, and what usually takes 3-4 hours ended up taking 7-8.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Words. I like to add them.
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Sorry this took me so long to respond to, all; yesterday was a beast of a day.  I was at the physical office to perform essential functions, and what usually takes 3-4 hours ended up taking 7-8.

Don't worry about it. :) I already love it when you visit this thread. ❤️

• Like 5

Raw shot taken in BD using a Windlight that I wish I would have written down, because it has such a soft light.  Final edit done with PS and PSX. I sharpened the image quite a bit so that my freckles are visible. I also fixed the clipping of my belt into my arm using liquify.

Snapshot_651resize.thumb.png.4d35a71307a69e0986c9939941c30f79.png

Flora

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

Raw shot taken in BD using a Windlight that I wish I would have written down, because it has such a soft light.  Final edit done with PS and PSX. I sharpened the image quite a bit so that my freckles are visible. I also fixed the clipping of my belt into my arm using liquify.

Snapshot_651resize.thumb.png.4d35a71307a69e0986c9939941c30f79.png

Flora

Your stuff is always so fantastic! Beautiful, soft pastels, with an incredible eye for color-coordination! ❤️

My own post-editing tends to be lot cruder; yours really show that getting one's PS esstentials righht really makes a difference, however subtle. Your face and freckles really comes out much better, this way. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This, I think, is the first screenshot I ever made, that I feel is perfect 'as is.' :) No post-processing took place of any kind. Just a lovely, contemplative, early-morning shot, from behind the blinds of my Windlass kitchen. Like Eva, LOL, darn if I remember the windlight I used for this one (my regular Windlass windlight is a lot darker), because it's actually quite cosy. 😍 But thanks to @Seicher Rae for pulling me a bit out of my comfort zone, and trying to get me to put some effort into just getting RAW right.

Because of the pensive nature of the image, I call it "Perhaps it really is time to move in with him."

move.thumb.png.e0021374c5731848cd6b483605e2a18b.png

N.B. Please, excuse my thematically chaotic mind, as THIS is my actual breakfast table (as opposed to what I showed earlier), LOL. But who's going to notice, right?! 😁

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

Raw Shot: Sailing with my hubby: Yes yes I know I only have on one shoe, for some reason it just won't come off LOL

sailing with the hubby_001.png

Considering HIS feet are burried inside the floorboard, I'd say you're the one better off with only one shoe. :P

• Haha 5

Just now, kiramanell said:

Considering HIS feet are burried inside the floorboard, I'd say you're the one better off with only one shoe. :P

LOL I was hoping you wouldn't notice that but yeah I agree with you!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

LOL I was hoping you wouldn't notice that but yeah I agree with you!

P.S. I don't think you can get rid of temporarily attached objects while in animation. It just so happened I tried this today with a sit-anim, and the default cup of coffee just wouldn't detach. :) You'll need to stand again first.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

P.S. I don't think you can get rid of temporarily attached objects while in animation. It just so happened I tried this today with a sit-anim, and the default cup of coffee just wouldn't detach. :) You'll need to stand again first.

Oh yes! Thanks for reminding me about that plus there was also a lot of sim crossings that messed with the boat but it still was a great time, very relaxing and just fun to be away from everyone. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.