Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, asteriddle said:

unknown.png

i love the racing outfit i made so much Q_Q 

what's the point of having your car fly through the air spinning wildly out of control if you dont look cute while doing it honestly

And you DO look cute. The car flying and spinning wildly out of control is pretty much a normal day of me trying any vehicle in SL. I don't look so cute doing it, just kinda stupid really. :) I've even had my wearable horse fly me across region crossings!  

Love your pink car, too, btw.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

took this at my forest.. can't remember the windlight.. something foggy. No post edit and no makeup.. yikes!

To start us out, I rummaged around to find some recent shots that haven't been posted elsewhere. I found these. I was exploring and not paying attention and this animated sculpture scared the carp out

Ok, the final version of this has already been posted on the "How does your avatar look" thread, but I want to help get this rolling, so I'll post before and after shots here. Ordinarily, when I

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Okay, today it's just a straight-up raw picture... and I realized I could move the sun around with the PhotoTools in Firestorm!
I know this is something everyone has likely already discovered.  It was a new one on me, though 😛

 

Morning Coffee 051520.png

This is lovely and a great use of DoF! Moving the sun around is a game changer, right?  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Okay, today it's just a straight-up raw picture... and I realized I could move the sun around with the PhotoTools in Firestorm!
I know this is something everyone has likely already discovered.  It was a new one on me, though 😛

 

Morning Coffee 051520.png

That is perfection to me, the glow of your skin, and the fine detail of the t1t on your chair back. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kiramanell said:

 

So very endearing. ❤️

LOL, at first I didn't even notice the teapot: it's blended in so well with the garden. :) 

Thanks, Kira!  It's a neat set, and I love how it worked out in this picture :)

20 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

What @kiramanell said about this being endearing. I love the lighting, and yes, the brown richness of the shadows on the tea pot. And LoL, yeah, I hear you about just finding something on the viewer. Every couple of months I learn something that apparently other photographers have known for years and I'm like, "Wut?" (Locking camera position is one that comes to mind...) And now that I'm also using Black Dragon... oy.

I know!!!  I was even playing around with it yesterday when I was dancing at a club, as the light wasn't flattering on my avatar (and I wasn't even TAKING pictures lol).  And thank you :)

20 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

This is lovely and a great use of DoF! Moving the sun around is a game changer, right?  

Oh my goodness, is it ever -- never again will I struggle to create a stupid glowing ball lol.  Just move the sun :D

17 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

That is perfection to me, the glow of your skin, and the fine detail of the t1t on your chair back. 

Thank you, Marigold :)  As a side note, I love that the forum censorship software makes us have to dance around to spell legitimate words, like the name of a bird... hee!!!

Sorry this took me so long to respond to, all; yesterday was a beast of a day.  I was at the physical office to perform essential functions, and what usually takes 3-4 hours ended up taking 7-8.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Words. I like to add them.
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Sorry this took me so long to respond to, all; yesterday was a beast of a day.  I was at the physical office to perform essential functions, and what usually takes 3-4 hours ended up taking 7-8.

 

Don't worry about it. :) I already love it when you visit this thread. ❤️

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Raw shot taken in BD using a Windlight that I wish I would have written down, because it has such a soft light.  Final edit done with PS and PSX. I sharpened the image quite a bit so that my freckles are visible. I also fixed the clipping of my belt into my arm using liquify.

Snapshot_651resize.thumb.png.4d35a71307a69e0986c9939941c30f79.png

Flora

 

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

Raw shot taken in BD using a Windlight that I wish I would have written down, because it has such a soft light.  Final edit done with PS and PSX. I sharpened the image quite a bit so that my freckles are visible. I also fixed the clipping of my belt into my arm using liquify.

Snapshot_651resize.thumb.png.4d35a71307a69e0986c9939941c30f79.png

Flora

 

 

Your stuff is always so fantastic! Beautiful, soft pastels, with an incredible eye for color-coordination! ❤️

My own post-editing tends to be lot cruder; yours really show that getting one's PS esstentials righht really makes a difference, however subtle. Your face and freckles really comes out much better, this way. :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This, I think, is the first screenshot I ever made, that I feel is perfect 'as is.' :) No post-processing took place of any kind. Just a lovely, contemplative, early-morning shot, from behind the blinds of my Windlass kitchen. Like Eva, LOL, darn if I remember the windlight I used for this one (my regular Windlass windlight is a lot darker), because it's actually quite cosy. 😍 But thanks to @Seicher Rae for pulling me a bit out of my comfort zone, and trying to get me to put some effort into just getting RAW right.

Because of the pensive nature of the image, I call it "Perhaps it really is time to move in with him."

 

move.thumb.png.e0021374c5731848cd6b483605e2a18b.png

 

N.B. Please, excuse my thematically chaotic mind, as THIS is my actual breakfast table (as opposed to what I showed earlier), LOL. But who's going to notice, right?! 😁

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

Raw Shot: Sailing with my hubby: Yes yes I know I only have on one shoe, for some reason it just won't come off LOL

 

sailing with the hubby_001.png

 

Considering HIS feet are burried inside the floorboard, I'd say you're the one better off with only one shoe. :P

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiramanell said:

 

Considering HIS feet are burried inside the floorboard, I'd say you're the one better off with only one shoe. :P

LOL I was hoping you wouldn't notice that but yeah I agree with you!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

LOL I was hoping you wouldn't notice that but yeah I agree with you!

 

P.S. I don't think you can get rid of temporarily attached objects while in animation. It just so happened I tried this today with a sit-anim, and the default cup of coffee just wouldn't detach. :) You'll need to stand again first.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

 

P.S. I don't think you can get rid of temporarily attached objects while in animation. It just so happened I tried this today with a sit-anim, and the default cup of coffee just wouldn't detach. :) You'll need to stand again first.

Oh yes! Thanks for reminding me about that plus there was also a lot of sim crossings that messed with the boat but it still was a great time, very relaxing and just fun to be away from everyone. 🙂

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...