RAWr Creativity! Show your raw self(ies)!

Seicher Rae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SoftCharcoal.thumb.jpg.94b57a29f539ce27f3a27b681286c622.jpg

One of these days I'll learn the post production stuff but I am enjoying posting my Raw images, you have all been so kind.

This is another one on my property, I did reduce the image weight by optimizing the shot for the web, but that's the only button I pressed - didn't even crop it, and you know what?  I'm not even sure I would, the more I look at it the more I'm happy with the composition.

(*Edited to add the photo!)

Edited by Charcoal Kidd
spelling
  • Like 16

7 minutes ago, Charcoal Kidd said:

didn't even crop it, and you know what?  I'm not even sure I would, the more I look at it the more I'm happy with the composition.

Very pretty.  I really like the composition of it, so I think not cropping it was a good choice (in my opinion, anyway). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

Very pretty.  I really like the composition of it, so I think not cropping it was a good choice (in my opinion, anyway). 

Thank you, I always second guess myself, especially when shooting such a wide angle shot - but I like taking them for a reason I guess.  I don't know, just always think I'll be the only one who likes 'em.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Charcoal Kidd said:

SoftCharcoal.thumb.jpg.94b57a29f539ce27f3a27b681286c622.jpg

One of these days I'll learn the post production stuff but I am enjoying posting my Raw images, you have all been so kind.

This is another one on my property, I did reduce the image weight by optimizing the shot for the web, but that's the only button I pressed - didn't even crop it, and you know what?  I'm not even sure I would, the more I look at it the more I'm happy with the composition.

(*Edited to add the photo!)

LOVE that hair! And the dress and necklace are pretty, too. :)

Great composition, and great job with the background blur!

• Like 3

Not a cat today, inworld or forums. Working the other end of the build, throwing things out of my inventory to see which things have possibility (or just to find out wtf THAT is) and which don't. Mermaids? Dead bodies? Octopus? Wil-o-wisp? Decisions decisions. For some reason in the past year I've been buying and wearing a lot of pale beige clothing. I didn't even notice it until like the third item and then it was all, huh, a trend. Another quick snapshot of building, I think shadows are on but in the cave and underwater it doesn't show up much if at all. Firestorm. Saved as jpg instead of png (to jpg). I can tell the difference.

thither cave 052920_001.jpg

• Like 12

On 5/28/2020 at 10:24 AM, Dano Seale said:

Actually, Scylla may have been one of those that jumped on me for it!

Wait? Jumped on you for what???

(And, excuse me, I don't "jump" on people: that's not at all my style, and I resent the implication.

I get someone to quietly kneel down behind them, and then push them backwards. Much funnier, and less effort.)

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Charcoal Kidd said:

I'm not even sure I would, the more I look at it the more I'm happy with the composition.

As Caer and Moira have said, this is beautiful exactly as it is. I learned from Skell (we should all learn from Skell, and mostly do) about the value of what he calls "negative space" in a pic. You didn't need to have it explained to you (as I did it): you just instinctively went with it. The results are lovely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

And now for a bit of RAW fun, here's my Chloe.... in GTA V! 😜 (Yes, you can build in GTA V too. I have many homes therein).

N.B. What do you mean 'obsessed'?! 😍

297608392_2020-05-29(1).thumb.png.b6aa8d91d07de10b070afefb7bd1469e.png

So *that's* where you new profile pic came from! Or maybe the other way round, who know? ;)

I have been wanting to tell you I really like it, so now's my chance: I really like your new profile photo, Kira! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CaerolleClaudel said:

So *that's* where you new profile pic came from! Or maybe the other way round, who know? ;)

I have been wanting to tell you I really like it, so now's my chance: I really like your new profile photo, Kira! :)

Awww, thank you! 🤗🤗🤗

Hehe, you are right! That image I used for my Profile too (with the asymmetrical lightsource underneath), I actually made for this painting in GTA V. :) The shot itself, of course, was taken inside my beach residence in SL.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As Caer and Moira have said, this is beautiful exactly as it is. I learned from Skell (we should all learn from Skell, and mostly do) about the value of what he calls "negative space" in a pic. You didn't need to have it explained to you (as I did it): you just instinctively went with it. The results are lovely.

I saw nothing 'negative' in her image. :P Seriously, though, so are sooo right! It's also what I really liked about Eve's new "Be still my heart" photo too. The DOF brings her out so wonderfully. Haven't used it myself yet. Must Do. 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 3

On 5/28/2020 at 6:34 PM, Seicher Rae said:

And Dano can just stop with his fur ball hating.

Pffft, I don't hate anyone ffs! And where did I say the cat wasn't cute and adorable? Just people twisting and taking my words wrong again!...Woe, woe and thrice woe!  😥

On 5/28/2020 at 1:51 AM, Dano Seale said:
On 5/27/2020 at 9:19 PM, kiramanell said:

Pics, or it didn't happen. 😁

I got slaughtered last time I joked with that line!  😟

@Scylla Rhiadra (because apparently I can't get quotes from 2 different pages ffs!)  It was on another thread, I've forgotten which, where I said what Kira said up there. A few people got a bit peeved about it in there, I think you were one of them, is all.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Not a cat today, inworld or forums. Working the other end of the build, throwing things out of my inventory to see which things have possibility (or just to find out wtf THAT is) and which don't. Mermaids? Dead bodies? Octopus? Wil-o-wisp? Decisions decisions. For some reason in the past year I've been buying and wearing a lot of pale beige clothing. I didn't even notice it until like the third item and then it was all, huh, a trend. Another quick snapshot of building, I think shadows are on but in the cave and underwater it doesn't show up much if at all. Firestorm. Saved as jpg instead of png (to jpg). I can tell the difference.

thither cave 052920_001.jpg

Is that Audrey 2 I see?!  The idea of cleaning out my inventory underwater seems like way more fun than my usual methods.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

While taking a pic to compare with an old one in Marigold's Memories thread I took this one inside the old cafe.  

It's cropped but that's all.

b030e09922d2229846d167f6a9d64d2d.png

I love the expression you captured, makes me really wonder what you're looking at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

And now for a bit of RAW fun, here's my Chloe.... in GTA V! 😜 (Yes, you can build in GTA V too. I have many homes therein).

N.B. What do you mean 'obsessed'?! 😍

297608392_2020-05-29(1).thumb.png.b6aa8d91d07de10b070afefb7bd1469e.png

Fantastic Pic...reminds me of my home in GTAV up in the hills :)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

LOVE that hair! And the dress and necklace are pretty, too. :)

Great composition, and great job with the background blur!

Me too!  LOL  I've been using this hair (most of the time anyway) since I got it in 2015.  Woke up one day a couple of months ago and the pastel hud was suddenly missing from my inventory!  The stores redelivery system couldn't find it either but I messaged the creator and had a new one in a day or two.  Was so relieved, it had become such a part of me.  Even the color is a bit tweeked.

Thank you for your kind words.  Means a lot to me as Depth of Field is still hit and miss with me. 🙄

Edited by Charcoal Kidd
Forgot an entire 2 sentences. lol
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

😊 Thank you.  Wanted to post a blushing emoji but couldn't see one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Charcoal Kidd said:

😊 Thank you.  Wanted to post a blushing emoji but couldn't see one. 

What a coincidence! I was looking for just a 'wow!' emoji for Scylla's recent work, couldn't find it either.

Is this a blushing face perhaps? :$ (it comes with no description)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Charcoal Kidd said:

I love the expression you captured, makes me really wonder what you're looking at.

Really makes me wonder how all your fantastic posters do it to begin with. 😛 I mean, made a shot of me with a toy Dino, the other day; cant even get my AO to tilt up my head a bit, LOL. Where are all y'all getting all these poses from?!

I often joke about being too blonde for SL. But sometimes I wonder, eek, what if it's really true?! 😂

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Where are all y'all getting all these poses from?!

I make my own most of the time these days. Buying a pose, you'll rarely get it to look the way it does in the ad - different shapes and bodies means that positioning of things can change quite radically, especially when most pose-makers cater to the T-rex people. Whilst you can edit the poses with the Black Dragon poser, it's almost just as easy to just make your own pose from scratch and fitting it to your personal shape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.