My Addictions

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My aynahl attention-to-detail.

So I'm always rolling around in my head as I ogle others... "His arms are way too short, cannot satisfy himself..." "That one's head is puny, could be a pea-brain..." "Whoa, those fifty-gallon ta-ta's are totally gravity-defying, must be made of torpedo-aluminum if they are in the States, aluminium, otherwise....", "Whoa, just one boobie is twice the size of their head!?...", "That pelvic gap is indicative of giving birth to 50 kiddos..."

You know, stuff we all think but generally never say aloud. Bahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

At its peak, what was Gor ?

A very silly thing that people involved with took way too seriously. I remember going to one of the Gor joints and being given a set of notecards, each about the size of the technical manual for the space shuttle and told that was what I'd need to know to RP there. Yeah, I can't be bothered to read the instructions on a packet of Ramen, so that's not happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have a few Magika, but most of my favourite hairs are Stealthic and Truth.

I limit my alts and try to keep their hairs down to maybe a dozen each.

Oh and I started shoving my wants into my wishlist this week to save time searching later. Mostly cosmetic packs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rasterscan said:

The truly hateful and misogynistic ramblings of an idiot who doesn't know what gravity is or how human shields work, and who saw a Women's Lib demonstration 55 years ago and hasn't stopped drumming his heels and screaming about burning, freezing, beating and hamstringing women and slinging them into sacks of manure ever since, the useless c*ckwomble. And a subculture made up of people who are ok with this as long as the costumes are sparkly. 

He did get married, though. I didn't believe it, but then I saw his wife on Mumsnet.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

The truly hateful and misogynistic ramblings of an idiot who doesn't know what gravity is or how human shields work, and who saw a Women's Lib demonstration 55 years ago and hasn't stopped drumming his heels and screaming about burning, freezing, beating and hamstringing women and slinging them into sacks of manure ever since, the useless c*ckwomble. And a subculture made up of people who are ok with this as long as the costumes are sparkly. 

He did get married, though. I didn't believe it, but then I saw his wife on Mumsnet.

Tal! Oh ... 😞  I see ... ::puts back sparkly costume gift:: 🙃

3 minutes ago, Evah Baxton said:

Tal! Oh ... 😞  I see ... ::puts back sparkly costume gift:: 🙃

Please, by all means wear the sparkly costume. Just don't do it to perpetuate the hate, misogyny and sheer brain deadening stupidity of that deranged gobsh*te. 

Tal, ffs. It's worse than Klingon, I swear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Please, by all means wear the sparkly costume. Just don't do it to perpetuate the hate, misogyny and sheer brain deadening stupidity of that deranged gobsh*te. 

It was a gift for you!!

Tal, ffs. It's worse than Klingon, I swear. 

Truth! 😂

• Like 1

I have this strange addiction where I keep making alts/twinks in World of Warcraft, even if I have a class already I'll make it again but with a new race. When they're level 120 I don't venture into endgame but go back to twinking.

Send help please x3

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 3

I seem to buy a lot of trees.  Also a lamp collector (which I have a lamp obsession in RL too).  Wigs are a big expenditure, but I like big hair- think Peg Bundy- but always in some shade of Blonde.  Lastly, I might have a large collection of tiaras, crowns & diadems.  My virtual insurance policy provider insists on discretion in light of a possibility of wiley jewel thieves.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Syn Anatine said:

I have this strange addiction where I keep making alts/twinks in World of Warcraft, even if I have a class already I'll make it again but with a new race. When they're level 120 I don't venture into endgame but go back to twinking.

Send help please x3

I used to do that, except I'd stop playing them after lvl 90 because I couldn't stand Warlords of Draenor. I did finish it once, and swore never again, and never went further.  I had a Blood Elf in every class, and at least one toon of every other Horde race (except Undead, I can't stand those either), and a handful of Alliance ones too, mostly range DPSers of one sort or another.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I used to do that, except I'd stop playing them after lvl 90 because I couldn't stand Warlords of Draenor. I did finish it once, and swore never again, and never went further.  I had a Blood Elf in every class, and at least one toon of every other Horde race (except Undead, I can't stand those either), and a handful of Alliance ones too, mostly range DPSers of one sort or another.

Glad I'm not the only one! I unlocked the Dark Iron Dwarves last night and now I have a Warrior, Paladin and Shaman to toy around with XD I am mostly playing alliance because I love the races more (mostly gnomes and dwarves) although I did level a 120 Moonkin up to experience the story. I love this game, I just wish I could finally settle for a class for longer than a week max >.<

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rasterscan said:

The greatest civilization known to man. 

I was 23, bereft. Trapped in a relationship with a woman I foolishly considered 'my equal'. I was desperately unhappy. One night, she signed off with two "X"s on a text instead of her customary three. I knew then I was being played. 

So I left her and travelled to a Gorean monastery near Dortmund. Together with an order of long-established Gorean Masters, I learned the arts of male dominance, swordplay and lingam massage. I became a Master myself.

My only criticism of Gor is it doesn't go far enough. We should be raiding every sim that lets women stand upright, let alone DJ trashy techno noise. 

Edited by sternerregnix
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, sternerregnix said:

I was 23, bereft. Trapped in a relationship with a woman I foolishly considered 'my equal'. I was desperately unhappy. One night, she signed off with two "X"s on a text instead of her customary three. I knew then I was being played. 

So I left her and travelled to a Gorean monastery near Dortmund. Together with an order of long-established Gorean Masters, I learned the arts of male dominance, swordplay and lingam massage. I became a Master myself.

My only criticism of Gor is it doesn't go far enough. We should be raiding every sim that lets women stand upright, let alone DJ trashy techno noise. 

tumblr_c8dc05b4507e661f4ccd21ac86f9ebbf_dd8b20c6_500.gif

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, sternerregnix said:

I suggest you read the Community Standards, pinned to the top of this forum, in particular 1) Intolerance. 

Intolerance

Combating intolerance is a cornerstone of Second Life's Community Standards. Actions that marginalize, belittle, or defame individuals or groups inhibit the satisfying exchange of ideas and diminish the Second Life community as a whole. The use of derogatory or demeaning language or images in reference to another Resident's race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation is never allowed in Second Life.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sternerregnix said:

4991E2CE-92E0-4CBC-B3B1-59DF13F8D47F.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I suggest you read the Community Standards, pinned to the top of this forum, in particular 1) Intolerance. 

Intolerance

Combating intolerance is a cornerstone of Second Life's Community Standards. Actions that marginalize, belittle, or defame individuals or groups inhibit the satisfying exchange of ideas and diminish the Second Life community as a whole. The use of derogatory or demeaning language or images in reference to another Resident's race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation is never allowed in Second Life.

I find this sort of thing interesting, always.

I don't think I've ever seen a post removed from the forums for "mere" misogyny. For racism and homophobia, yes. Hell, I even had one of my own threads, years ago, removed for being "anti-furry" (it wasn't, of course -- it was a satire on people who hated on furries, but the mods in those days apparently didn't do irony). But misogyny has always been a sort of "permitted" category in SL. There are even clubs and groups in world that explicitly and approvingly use that word in their title.

Imagine if this sentence by @sternerregnix were modified by replacing the word "women" with the name of a race or ethnicity:

"We should be raiding every sim that lets [your choice of ethnicity here] stand upright . . ."

Or imagine if it had referenced "gays" instead of women. Do you think it would be allowed to stand? I very much doubt it. But I'll be honestly surprised if this explicitly misogynist statement is removed.

Gor, too, is kind of a special case, I suppose, the argument being that Goreans are merely "role playing" their misogyny. Is it, I wonder, "role playing" if you say it on the forums, in your own voice? What if we don't want to play along?

I haven't ARed it myself: I'd rather let it stand in all its glorious ignorance.

• Like 2

Right. Now, on topic . . .

Hair.

It used to be that I collected hair and footwear (especially boots), but I haven't seen a lot boots that I really like recently, so the focus has definitely been on hair. I have folders and subfolders and sub-subfolders to organize it. Mostly, it's short to shoulder-length hair, and I especially like "messy" or wind-blown.

Also, I suppose, poses. I have hundreds of static poses (for photography). I've been trying to organize those recently, but it's a hopeless task: I'm buying them faster than I can possibly hope to categorize them.

And dancing. I really like dancing, couples or singles, although probably I prefer singles dances. I have a fair collection of those too. And yes, I need to get those organized too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.