What Are You Binge Watching?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i just binged watch Ertugrul on Netflix.  Is a Turkish fiction drama (english subtitles) about the father of Osman the founder of the Ottoman Empire. A Turk muslim family/tribe wanting to carve out a safe homeland for themselves, with a corrupt and dying muslim caliphate on top of them, christian byzantine enemies in the west,  animist mongol enemies in the east. So it is quite religion-y in parts

everybody: muslims, christians and animists all out to conquer and murder each other. So like in Vikings lots of fighting and betrayal and love.  And plenty of self-justification on all sides, for why when we murder somebody that's ok, and is the devils work when they murder us. Is the self-justification component that draws me to watch these kinds of series. And all the betrayals and the love

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, Echopraxia said:

What We Do in the Shadows is back for season 2 and it's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen. Definitely 5 stars. It airs on TV on FX but is on Hulu as well.

It's based off of a movie which is equally as great and two of the actors from the movie are producers for the TV show.

See, all I thought when I watched the first show was.. well I will never get that hour (or was it 30 min) back. 

Two days ago I found out (because I am tech illiterate) that my DVR can access the Acorn tv streaming service.  Knowing Midsomer Murders is on it, & waiting for PBS to play an entire story takes two weeks, I was very happy to ask hubby to purchase a a subscription for me.  PBS shows them out of order, but I did go ahead & watch the second halves of two stories- then overnight I watched all 3 hours of the 2015 And then there were none.  Was very good.  Oh also watched The Peanut Butter Falcon last night- beautiful movie.   

I've been hooked on sailing shows on youtube..

Especially this one..Sailing La Vagabonde.. I just love this couple.

I started watching when they had their second boat which is huge, but decided to start watching from the beginning..

I have to say,I really enjoy these shows and they really take me away as they travel all over the world..

This is from on their first boat..

They've been doing videos since 2014.

I don't know what it is but I'm so addicted and just enjoy the show plus I'm learning so much in so many areas from them..

The new boat they have is so beautiful.. Oh plus now they have a Baby as well..

Enjoy sailing and much more, with Eylana and Riley :)

This is one from after they got their new boat.

Shark swim part 2

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

I bet she'll be in a new series soon if she's not already. Good actress.

Xena actress got a new series, watched part of it but then closed that channel as it seemed expensive to subscribe to too many. Want to see the rest!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dhyaanee said:

Xena actress got a new series, watched part of it but then closed that channel as it seemed expensive to subscribe to too many. Want to see the rest!

I have a girl crush on her....she still looks great.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:
22 hours ago, Dhyaanee said:

I have a girl crush on her....she still looks great.

Her new series is on the Acorn channel.  I prefer to see her as Xena in a fantasy setting, but it's good to see her as a detective dragged back into service in modern times too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Buffy the vampire slayer has just showed up on ch4 I-player in the UK.

I watched episode 1 again......"just to see" if it still looked worth watching.

Yes it does. It looks like I'll be binging all seven series. Again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.