What Are You Binge Watching?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

49 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

624 episodes of Star Trek (and that's just what is on Netflix) takes WAYYYY too long!

I did that just shy of a decade ago. Took a few months but it was interesting to see it all so close together and after the fact to be able to think about them with the added context of knowing how it all turns out and having seen interviews about this or that controversy (did you know that Roddenberry kept trying to insert X-rated scenes into the 60s show and people had to remind him this was for public TV, and that he wanted half the actors we've seen over the years fired for various reasons)...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

The Stranger

I binged watched that too over the weekend. Dont you love netflex when you can get episodes back to back and not have to wait a day or a week before seeing the next one! 

Great series 10/10

(you may never know, the impact your actions might have on someones life)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CheriColette said:

I binged watched that too over the weekend. Dont you love netflex when you can get episodes back to back and not have to wait a day or a week before seeing the next one! 

Great series 10/10

(you may never know, the impact your actions might have on someones life)

I also was a watcher this weekend of The Stranger.  Really good  

• Like 3

Two days ago I binged the first season of The Witcher.  Hoooboyhowdy!  Superman with silver Fabio hair & freaky orange eyes.  Yes please! 

Today I ran thru both seasons of Between.  Meh soso.  There are quite a few shows with the “all the adults have died & children run amuck” premise.   This one wasn’t any more interesting than the others I’ve seen.  

• Like 1

have just finished binge watchingThe King's Avatar on Netflix. Is a chinese series with english subtitles

the story is about age vs youth in the world of professional online gamers. It explores the dynamics of the struggles of the youngers to rise to the top in terms of results and their personal growth. And the struggles of the olders to stay on top, while recognising that they have a duty to help the youngers grow

the game is a shooter built on Unreal Engine. The integration of facial characteristics of the player with the character is well done, as it retains the feel of what we expect an avatar to look like

preview

gameplay

• Like 1

This is what I have been going to sleep to lately..

Night On Earth,on Netflix.

It's really good..It's all nature shows with all the camera work done at night but they can see even color and all kinds of things and are learning new things about animals now that they can see them so well..

It's a really good series..I think right now there is only 6 episodes,but I hope they keep adding..

• Like 4

I just discovered Somebody Feed Phil. I enjoy travel documentaries and food, so it’s a win. I was glad to read that there will be a third season.

I also watched Dracula. I liked it, but didn’t love it, especially the last episode. I can’t put my finger on why, but it was a vaguely unsatisfying ending.

5 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I also watched Dracula. I liked it, but didn’t love it, especially the last episode. I can’t put my finger on why, but it was a vaguely unsatisfying ending.

I disliked it for several reasons but the ending in particular was dissatisfactory, being wholly forced.  Nothing laid the foundation for that about-face.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I disliked it for several reasons but the ending in particular was dissatisfactory, being wholly forced.  Nothing laid the foundation for that about-face.

Agreed. The entire last episode for me felt forced. They could have done so much more with it. I did love Claes Bang’s performance through the whole thing, though. He plays a good Dracula.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.