What Are You Binge Watching?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What, where, and how many stars?

On Netflix: Occupied season three, about Norway trying to fend off Russia while being environmentally responsible. 

I would give it a 4. I would like it better if I remembered more of what happened in the first two seasons.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 4

Nothing ATM.  In the past few weeks however I have finished Mindhunter on Netflix, the boys on Amazon and the newest season of lost in space on Netflix. I give them all lots and lots of stars mainly because I won’t continue watching something past the initial 15 or 20 minutes if it doesn’t really catch my attention much less wind up binging a full season.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Rules of Engagement..

That show just has me in tears laughing all the time..Everyone is funny on that show..

I about fell off the couch laughing when they went to the fertility doctor..

LOL...(Rules of Engagement) By myself?.....Yes. The moment you been practising for all these years. 

I watched this: The Bonfire of Destiny over the weekend on Netflix. 8 episodes= 8 hours

It is based on the true life event from 1897 but not any of the characters. 126 people did die in the real fire and a further 200 people injured, most of whom were aristocratic women and their children.

5/5 Stars 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

In the past few weeks I binge watched on Netflix

You

How is the 2nd season.  I watched the first season on Lifetime and really enjoyed it.  However, after my husband got his new job, which gave us cable TV (all stations) super duper cheap, we dropped Netflix because we weren't using it.  I've debated picking it back up again specifically for shows like You, Mindhunter, and a few others.

ETA: To answer the original OP question:  Nothing at the moment.  For anything on TV, I record everything so that I can skip past commercials.  If it is a new series, I will often record at least 3-5 episodes before I start watching it - and binge watch those - then decide whether or not to continue with the show.  Otherwise, during the fall through spring time, I'm usually watching my normal prime time shows, on a fairly regular basis so that I don't get too many episodes stacked up. 

In the late spring through early fall, when the regular prime time stuff is not on, I'll binge watch anything that I've recorded and not watched yet - though some end up being losers that I ditch after 2-3 episodes.  That is also the time that I'll sometimes binge a series from Amazon - most recently Electric Dreams, Absentia, and Hanna - all of which I did enjoy.   I'm actually hoping that they make another season of Electric Dreams.  I didn't find out until after I watch the whole season that Hanna was originally a film - I didn't research it at all, just happened to see a description on Amazon for the TV series and thought it sounded interesting.  So now it is apparently time to check out the film it was based on.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How is the 2nd season.  I watched the first season on Lifetime and really enjoyed it.  However, after my husband got his new job, which gave us cable TV (all stations) super duper cheap, we dropped Netflix because we weren't using it.  I've debated picking it back up again specifically for shows like You, Mindhunter, and a few others.

I loved it.  They moved location and lots of new people.   Perhaps you can find it somewhere else (ummm around the net) without paying for netflix.  Netflix is included with my cable subscription as an almost freebie.  One of those take netflix and a phone sim and your internet is cheaper deals.  The phone sim is still in its package, I just had to take it . *shrugs and pockets the £7 reduction on the bill* 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
forgot something
  • Like 1

MindHunter is one of my favorite shows..

The overlapping with the ones that are still out there, is the best and has me glued to everything going on.. like the  BTK killer parts..

OMG I didn't know if it was someone that hasn't made the transition to killing people yet or if it was someone about to or just finished.. Then seeing the one murder scene that the guy was asked to take a look at for his opinion on and it being a BTK scene..

The ending of the first season in that hospital room, omg did that freak me out.

That show just grabs hold of me and glues me down..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm about to start season 2 of Hellier. It's a non-traditional paranormal investigation show that starts out with the protagonists getting an e-mail about goblins coming out of mine shafts in the hollers of Kentucky and turns into a crossover ghost-UFO-occult mystery. They don't find goblins. But they do find all kinds of interesting people, and go into a lot of caves - which is super spoopy. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

American version?    Hmm not sure I should watch that and ruin the original for me.  The people look too clean

34 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I watched the U.K. version for several seasons, quit when all the original cast was gone. Have not seen the US version yet.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

What, where, and how many stars?

On Netflix: Occupied season three, about Norway trying to fend off Russia while being environmentally responsible. 

I would give it a 4. I would like it better if I remembered more of what happened in the first two seasons.

New/old real life "boy"friend (I was 15, he was 16 in 1978) is just introducing me to his Netflix account, gently easing me in with the USA version of "Dirk Gently". I would LOVE to binge watch the whole lot in one go, but he has rationed me to two episodes at a time - I am such a greedy girl! 

Was Chernobyl on Netflix? I would really like to see that. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Nothing ATM.  In the past few weeks however I have finished Mindhunter on Netflix, the boys on Amazon and the newest season of lost in space on Netflix. I give them all lots and lots of stars mainly because I won’t continue watching something past the initial 15 or 20 minutes if it doesn’t really catch my attention much less wind up binging a full season.

That's the rule with me too - 20 minutes and OFF if it's not gripped me. Ditto with films as well as series.  

There's so much I want to watch, and I don't feel like I have anything like enough time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Rules of Engagement..

That show just has me in tears laughing all the time..Everyone is funny on that show..

I about fell off the couch laughing when they went to the fertility doctor..

This series, to me, is every bit as good as the now cult "Friends" - but I do wonder why Audrey puts up with Jeff at times.  

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I'm about to start season 2 of Hellier. It's a non-traditional paranormal investigation show that starts out with the protagonists getting an e-mail about goblins coming out of mine shafts in the hollers of Kentucky and turns into a crossover ghost-UFO-occult mystery. They don't find goblins. But they do find all kinds of interesting people, and go into a lot of caves - which is super spoopy. 

Well this sounds right up my alley.  I love paranormal investigation shows AND caves.

I am binging or have binged recently:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

The Great British Baking Show

The Crown

Nailed It

The Mandalorian

All shows are four or five stars because I don't waste time on shows I don't love.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.