Your Virtual Name.....Why?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i joined in October  thus  roseelvira ,,,,      rose being my  rl name and  favorite october person(( beside snoopy in charlie brown great pumpkin))  is tumblr_ouney9D7lm1snusg4o1_250.gif.6d88d65236bc01f5421475a4087418e4.gifimagesXVPY6HFL.jpg.2406854ec5c50e3d86d3e6cd9c0fdc05.jpgimagesO74Y3932.jpg.0f3f472e19f7834da60af05342a232db.jpg elvira  loved her tv show and the movies and comments she made .

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

i joined in October  thus  roseelvira ,,,,      rose being my  rl name and  favorite october person(( beside snoopy in charlie brown great pumpkin))  is imageproxy.php?img=&key=a03a54f708f2dfe5tumblr_ouney9D7lm1snusg4o1_250.gif.6d88d65236bc01f5421475a4087418e4.gifimagesXVPY6HFL.jpg.2406854ec5c50e3d86d3e6cd9c0fdc05.jpgimagesO74Y3932.jpg.0f3f472e19f7834da60af05342a232db.jpg elvira  loved her tv show and the movies and comments she made .

OH! I was so, so, so hoping you had done that! I LOVE Elvira!

And the country song too.

• Like 1

I saw Graves on the list and knew it would suit my interests well.  For the first name, I originally wanted Gabrielle which is the spelling the French use but that was already taken so I went with the German spelling of it instead.  It is funny though because a lot of people in SL ask me if I am French.  Obviously I am neither.

• Like 3

Rae - Close to my real name.

Lee - Is my RL Middle name.

H - ... you get the idea.

And ironically after all these years I prefer to keep RL and SL as separate as possible. 

If I had known I would still be here almost 9 years later I would have chosen something else. What exactly that is I have no idea.

The mind doth boggle! 🤔

• Like 2

Joined under the old system some time shortly before they got rid of it. Still wish they kept it. It made SL unique in usernames. Anyways, I chose syndi because I was going through baby names and liked it. I usually will always go to some baby name site when trying to name something, a rp character, animal I just adopted, etc. It was a unique way of spelling Cindy that had a flare to it. 

• Like 1

My name refers to the scene in Ghost in the Shell that deals with illusion and truth.

There's a scene in Ghost in the Shell: Innocence where Batou and Togusa investigate a large mansion that is the headquarters of Locus Solus. The first time they enter, Batou sees an image of Major pointing to the words "aemaeth" on the ground. He understands the inscription to mean the surroundings are real and nothing is deceiving him.

The hacker who owns the mansion then tries to brainwash Batou and Togusa so that he can kill them, making them hallucinate entering the mansion again. Major warns Batou of this by breaking off the "ae" and leaving "meth" separated on the ground--which means "death" or "lie". Nothing can be trusted.

All avatars are, in a way, golems directed by their players. Their words motivate them--but it's truth that sustains them.

In Jewish myth, a golem is created and brought to life by inscribing the aleph for emet onto the creature's brow.

In the Christian Occult, the Sigil of Ameth is a spell that grants its caster control of all living creatures with the exception of archangels.

My nickname in SL is "Cake". In Portal, the namesake object is rumored to be a lie. It turns out if you enable a mod that lets you pass through walls, you'll find the promised cake sitting on a table in an isolated room.

Edited by Aemeth Lysette
  • Like 2

Never intended to become a fantasy character or anything else but me... sooo here comes Eruka, the troublemaker in any worlds. :3 Too bad it was taken so first thing that came to mind was adding Von D, because Kat Von D is a makeup goddess guru that the goth inside of me admires. lol Noir Nemesis is my nickname IW and pretty much the username I go by in all of the games I play. Too bad it was taken too. *shrugs*

Used it as my stripper nick while I was working for clubs, lol and after so many years, even tho I'm no longer active in those places, everybody knows me by that nickname instead of Eruka so it pretty much stuck with me. No point in changing it now. ^^ The ones close to me know my name and call me by it or "nuisance". Either way works for me. ❤️

• Like 1

Like many, I joined during the "pick a surname and try to find a first name to go with it that hasn't been claimed yet" era. The list of surnames was - uninspiring, shall we say? - even after several refreshes, but then "Weatherwax" turned up. I am a grouchy ol' pagan IRL and Granny Weatherwax of Diskworld is just about my favorite "literary witch" ever* so that was decided.

But then I wanted to use the name I go by IRL as a first name (It's not my actual first name IRL, my family has a tradition that the eldest boy in each generation goes by his middle name rather than his first, I have no idea why.) and of course "Dave" and "David" were both taken. Since my tastes in reading came to my rescue for the surname, it should be no surprise that the same applied to the first name too, and in the same way. I'm an old-school geek and a lover of cyberpunk and scifi. By substituting a 5 - to be read as a roman numeral, a V - as in "Snow Crash" I managed to name myself for two aspects of my life and keep my RL name. It was "me" on several levels so I've never used a display name and probably never will.

*When the author comes up with lines like "It takes three witches to make a coven. Two is just an argument" you know he's met some of the finer practitioners of "robust theological debate".

• Like 7

My name is completely random. I liked only this surname from the list which was available that day and why Saskia? I don't really know. I think it sounds pretty nice together.

My other avatar Kotelle was a desperate act to use my nickname but it was too short so I had to add a few letters and now I hate it :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Since my tastes in reading came to my rescue for the surname, it should be no surprise that the same applied to the first name too, and in the same way. I'm an old-school geek and a lover of cyberpunk and scifi. By substituting a 5 - to be read as a roman numeral, a V - as in "Snow Crash" I managed to name myself for two aspects of my life and keep my RL name. It was "me" on several levels so I've never used a display name and probably never will.

The first time I saw your name I thought, yep, Snow Crash fan :)

I joined back in the old "legacy last name" days. Picked "Shu" from the list as it sounded Asian and back then, young me was a huge fan of Asia (travelled there a lot).

With my RL first name being Michael, I thought about an alternate version of Michael for the first name - and ended up using Mikey. Annoyingly. Regretting this ever since lol. And pissed at LL that the promised legacy name change option, they announced like almost 2 yeas ago, will probably never come. 😞

I started life as an alt.  I chose the last name Wylder because my character was planned to be wilder than my first av. I chose Kali for several reasons, 1) it was short and easy to type 2) I like the idea of being a powerful Hindu goddess of death, destruction and change. 3) it began with a K.

My original av's name was rather long. Kattatonia Wickentower. Kattatonia was my name in the alt support depression newsgroup that I sometimes read and posted in.  It was a play on my real name plus catatonia which was descriptive of the way being depressed made me feel.  Wickentower evoked pagan, wiccan ideas to me.  All of my friends shortened my name to Katt(which is why I was determined to have a short name when I made my first alt).  I can't remember now how I came up with all the other alt's names after that but I did latch on to giving a bunch of them the initials KW.

Edited by kali Wylder
spelling typos
  • Like 2

My name has no connection to RL or anything. i was thinking up names and quite liked the idea of being called Stella but there were no last names available i tried a few other names that popped in to my head no last names either so i decided to see if any last names came up if i omitted an 'L' from the name i liked and it worked i didn't get any choice with my last name Foxtrot was the only last name available so i took it  

• Like 1

My RL moms nickname for me is Kitty. Being as how that's VERY common, I started looking up the word Cat in other languages. I typed in each one until I got the ok lol. I ended up with Katt. Dragoone just sounded interesting at the time. I wish I picked another Last name tho. Yay dragons lmao

Edited by Katt Dragoone

47 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

for my current name then something about chemicals and the noise that comes out when I think while under their influence that I know more about mixing different chemicals than a actual chemist: 😺

Yes, I'm sure god will take that into account M.(ademoiselle) Olly Mews. ^_^

Or is it M.(adame) Olly Mews. :D

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.