Your Virtual Name.....Why?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/10/2019 at 7:36 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Does your friend know that Argon is the third-most abundant gas in the Earth's atmosphere? And that the word argon is derived from a Greek word meaning lazy/inactive?

Sheds a different kind of light on things. ;)

I don't think he even knew it had anything to do with welding.  Of course as I have always been lazy and inert whenever possible it worked perfectly for me.

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2019 at 6:39 AM, Ziggy Starsmith said:

I think the name I have is self explanatory lol

davidbowie1.jpg

Omg lol are we related?

My first name is from the ancient brunette in pink polka dot dress starter avatar because she looked like Maryanne from the Gilligans Island TV show reruns and last name is because of music. ❤️ Thank goodness for display names lol.

davidbowie1.jpg.87079b85421c1f94dfbe7724f1abba60.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 2

Seicher Rae came about as an exercise in overthinking and bad spelling. When I joined, I had all of these high-falutin ideas of what my avatar would do in SL. It was to be a psychological, social, spiritual, and philosophical romp through a virtual world in order to better understand the real one. :::pauses for the well deserved eye rolling::: I liked the idea of being a seeker, but Seeker sounded too icky-New Agey to me. :::irony pause::: So I played with the spelling using the weirdness of English, ch can be k, ie can be ee... Except I forgot the "i before e" bit and typed ei instead. Rae was one of the SL last names and I liked to think of it like ray, and sharp focus of light. :::sighs and laughs:::

I'm the only Seicher in SL (the last I checked).

Then I learned that seicher in French is cuttlefish. In German/Swiss slang, in some parts of the land at least, it appears to be a pretty raunchy slur about a loose woman—which explains all the pervy comments I used to get from German avatars. :)  (I haven't gotten one of those in years, for whatever reason.)  I quickly realized my spelling oops but figured it wouldn't make a difference because "who would ever say it outloud?" Then I started going to live music and other events where voice was used. Oh boy. Thank goodness for being able to change your name tags now. Seeker it is. 

Edited by Seicher Rae
more bad spelling...it is a gift that keeps giving
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I joined SL every name I could think of was already taken. Then I tried 'Lyban' and it worked!

Later, I remembered that 'Li Ban' was the name of a 6th c. mermaid from Irish mythology. So, in keeping with the name, sometimes I go for a little swim...

• Like 3

Raimi after Ted Raimi after he played Joxer the Mighty on Xena: Warrior Princess, and I became intrigued with the actor (try to see every movie he's been in.) He usually plays characters that are clumsy, mean well in their deeds, and are different from 'regular' people in some way. Like me in real life.

Syaka (from the list when it existed) because I wanted my avatar to be perceived as from Japanese animation, which I like to watch on rare occasion. 

Edited by Raimi Syaka
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.