Bellisseria Choo-Choo Train Thread

Seba Serpente
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Rufferta said:

If this is a community market area, does anyone have any idea how a resident could get a stall? 

On the map Millbank/SSPE185 currently looks like

48758f3fd0aade72de31c1de5abf333e.png

I can't recall anything confirming a market will definitely be there i know the Fairgrounds has had a market or two on it, i think they were resident organised though

• Like 2

I'm a noob with this whole train thing but I'm really in for it. So I wanted to try it out and got a pretty nice tram. I've rezzed it in Red Hook and everything went relatively well since it is kinda driving on it's own. But here's the thing I didn't quite understand. At one certain point - Almost at the end of the Victorian area, my train kept flipping around and drove back the way I just came from. It was impossible to drive it further up to "north belli". Is there anything I've missed? 😅

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

But here's the thing I didn't quite understand. At one certain point - Almost at the end of the Victorian area, my train kept flipping around and drove back the way I just came from. It was impossible to drive it further up to "north belli". Is there anything I've missed? 

If it's "Banebury" where the track splits in two that you're getting flipped back at, when you reach it stop your train right click > edit and manually move it on to the straight track and you'll continue on your way to Campwich Forest just after the station before getting flipped back. you'll have to manually move your train again if you want to go past Campwich

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Malayaa said:

Test rezzed the demo of the Bibian Service Train and it was cool, but the one I am really lusting after is the San Francisco Cable Car here https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SLRR-SF-Cable-Car/4929807 since I was born in the SF bay area IRL and this brings back so many memories.  Has anyone ever tried this cable car?

The main caveat with that (and some older trains) is the prim count (that one is 123) - which isn't usually a problem, though with Bellesserian rez zones I'm not sure how much LI is allotted to them. The main thing would be region crossings. Newer train will have lower LI and better-optimized scripts. Just pointing out a thing or two to think about for everyone when shopping. :)

5 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

I'm a noob with this whole train thing but I'm really in for it. So I wanted to try it out and got a pretty nice tram. I've rezzed it in Red Hook and everything went relatively well since it is kinda driving on it's own. But here's the thing I didn't quite understand. At one certain point - Almost at the end of the Victorian area, my train kept flipping around and drove back the way I just came from. It was impossible to drive it further up to "north belli". Is there anything I've missed? 😅

The Bellisseria RR isn't complete yet. Switches aren't working and many of the crossing gates, etc. Most trains will just stop when it cannot find the rail guide (a transparent object that the train actually follows - highlight transparent and you can see it down the middle of the track). The one you were using may have been designed to auto-flip when it reaches an end-of-line like that as many are setup so they can run remotely or autonomously.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

The main caveat with that (and some older trains) is the prim count (that one is 123) - which isn't usually a problem, though with Bellesserian rez zones I'm not sure how much LI is allotted to them. The main thing would be region crossings. Newer train will have lower LI and better-optimized scripts. Just pointing out a thing or two to think about for everyone when shopping. :)

The Bellisseria RR isn't complete yet. Switches aren't working and many of the crossing gates, etc. Most trains will just stop when it cannot find the rail guide (a transparent object that the train actually follows - highlight transparent and you can see it down the middle of the track). The one you were using may have been designed to auto-flip when it reaches an end-of-line like that as many are setup so they can run remotely or autonomously.

I got a lower prim 2015 era open air tram yesterday by the same maker after looking at the high prim count on the cable car, and it definitely struggles at the region crossings, and it also does the auto flip thing Chucky described.  It is 75 prims...the little freebie Michie train zips through the crossings and does not flip...Could definitely tell the difference with the scripting...The tram is super cute though :)   and has a cool bell to ring at the stations...

tram_002.png

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

I got a lower prim 2015 era open air tram yesterday by the same maker after looking at the high prim count on the cable car, and it definitely struggles at the region crossings, and it also does the auto flip thing Chucky described.  It is 75 prims...the little freebie Michie train zips through the crossings and does not flip...Could definitely tell the difference with the scripting...The tram is super cute though :)   and has a cool bell to ring at the stations...

tram_002.png

Sometimes super-cute outweighs LI cost and crossing efficiency. This is truth, it is known.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Does anyone have a landmark for a rez zone near a track?

There are two rez zones for Bellisseria RR - and each of those is a dual zone: track and ground (so vehicles, also).

One is at the RR Station at the very southern tip of Bellisseria,(Red Hook) - the other is one the middle of Campsite zone (Pugwash) (As others have said above - I'm just conforming these because I RR a lot.)

1 hour ago, Reggie Warrhol said:

Simply not enough Rez Zones in for rail in this area.

Yes. The usual SLRR convention is that each station and each siding has a rez zone.  Bellesaria doesn't have anywhere near that many.

And where there's a road to a station, it should have a rez zone.

• Like 1

The rail system in Belli is a work in progress and not 100% complete, so most likely they aren't adding any more until it's all finished and functioning properly.

It serves little purpose for LL to place all the rail rez zones now then have to deal with everyone whining about other currently non-functioning aspects of the railroad system ;) 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Reggie Warrhol said:

Simply not enough Rez Zones in for rail in this area. Hit a bad crossing and there are a few and poof you're train is gone with nowhere to rezz it again. Nice looking area though, too bad they don't bother updating the textures and roads already in the Atoll.

Train-crash at region crossings is very rare (even on the crusty-rusty-rickety-old SL RR track in Heterocera). You may want to try a different train with more up-to-date scripts and lower LI as that can be the only plausible reason you'd experience this in Belliserria. Just a suggestion, nothing more. :)

9 hours ago, animats said:

Yes. The usual SLRR convention is that each station and each siding has a rez zone.  Bellesaria doesn't have anywhere near that many.

And where there's a road to a station, it should have a rez zone.

Ditto. And there aren;t that many RR Stations, I'd have hoped they would have planned for rez zones at them. But,k alas... 😭

8 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

The rail system in Belli is a work in progress and not 100% complete, so most likely they aren't adding any more until it's all finished and functioning properly.

It serves little purpose for LL to place all the rail rez zones now then have to deal with everyone whining about other currently non-functioning aspects of the railroad system ;) 

I'm not sure where Belli is, but hopefully regarding Belliserria, you're correct on that. (Yes, I am Intentionally calling out lazy typing of place names.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Train-crash at region crossings is very rare (even on the crusty-rusty-rickety-old SL RR track in Heterocera). You may want to try a different train with more up-to-date scripts and lower LI as that can be the only plausible reason you'd experience this in Belliserria. Just a suggestion, nothing more. :)

Ditto. And there aren;t that many RR Stations, I'd have hoped they would have planned for rez zones at them. But,k alas... 😭

I'm not sure where Belli is, but hopefully regarding Belliserria, you're correct on that. (Yes, I am Intentionally calling out lazy typing of place names.)

It's Bellisseria. :)

14 hours ago, Reggie Warrhol said:

Simply not enough Rez Zones in for rail in this area. Hit a bad crossing and there are a few and poof you're train is gone with nowhere to rezz it again.

Yes, I hope they will add more rez zones to the tracks across Bellisseria.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:05 PM, Jadziyah said:

Idk about y'all but I found my train to ride these rails:

34695513_Jadzitoytrain.thumb.jpg.5d16b048fe9a198ba04279f477a5e857.jpg

If this was for sale (and wearable) I'd buy it!!

Bellisseria is a nice looking region, fresh textures, use of mesh (even if it is too high LI), the railroad is a nice addition. I used a Bibian train, great scripts, low LI and got nailed at one crossing. Heading to the campground I used a rail hand cart also from Bibian and got nailed at the same crossing. No whining about it, just would have liked to see another rezz zone. For a work in progress it is a lot of fun.

19 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I've spent countless hours on the Heterocera Atoll lines and have crashed, lagged out and lost my train, usually because of something happening somewhere in the region. It isn't rare it happens and to many of us. Some of those crossings come so fast one after another when the rail cuts kitty corner through three sims at once. I've even been tossed off of my train and had to go chase it down two sims away, now that was funny.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Yes, I hope they will add more rez zones to the tracks across Bellisseria.

If this was for sale (and wearable) I'd buy it!!

It is a wearable item. As for still for sale, not sure, but you can check. It's by Abranimations, and called 'Wooden Toy Train'. Pretty sure I got it from their advent calendar one year so not sure if they're still selling it somewhere

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.