Bellisseria Choo-Choo Train Thread

Seba Serpente
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

58 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

Looks like SSPE185 wont be related to trains, but will be the proposed community market area.

914886f8f374975266571d5f50445e4a.png

Yus. I'm pretty sure someone put forth this theory when that square first appeared. As for anything choo-coo and SLRR, it could just be thematic decoration, etc. It would be fun to have tracks we could drive our trains on, but the truth is that there already is a great railroad in Heterocera and, more importantly, en entire mini-continent of wild western role-play is ruined because they have created a giant railroad network throughout the majority of the sims (not ruins because of the railroad, but the implementation) - I mention that to mention this: No one uses it. I think it was used often for the first week or two, then nothing.

So this is also something I am sure the LDPW is considering with regard to anything of the sort regarding a usable SLRR: would the time and effort to plan and build and having the needed resources (space and required LI) be justified based on actual everyday usage demand? //just being real

• Like 1

Where I role-play my Apache character on my alt. Search world map for Mexico - you will see Sonora Mexico region and Chihuahua Region - those are souther-most regions of that mini-continent. Throw on an observer tag or your best Texas fringes and tin star and go have a look-see. Now imagine riding on horseback through those regions and you'll see what I mean about "implementation" - it's horrible. No, wait... it's deplorable. LOL

• 4 months later...

I live in Bellasaria and my house sits right on the tracks.  I've followed the tracks in both directions and it does end--for now. I'm on one of the brand new sections. I suspect it will ultimate join to the rest of the tracks. One day I saw a phantom car that appeared to be layout the pathway.  I am excited about it. Especially living right next to it. I have high hopes actually.  The depots and the switching stations that are being built are beautiful and intricate. I can't believe the actual train would be anything less.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kylie Sabra said:

I live in Bellasaria and my house sits right on the tracks.  I've followed the tracks in both directions and it does end--for now. I'm on one of the brand new sections. I suspect it will ultimate join to the rest of the tracks. One day I saw a phantom car that appeared to be layout the pathway.  I am excited about it. Especially living right next to it. I have high hopes actually.  The depots and the switching stations that are being built are beautiful and intricate. I can't believe the actual train would be anything less.  

I stumbled upon this in SSPE345 on Christmas Eve - 

LocomotiveSSPE345_001.png

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!  This looks like perhaps the right forum for a train question. 

I understand Moles build the streets not the cars, make the air not the plane, water not the boat, & build the tracks but not the trains.  kind of reminds me of an old commercial, something like " we don't make the things you love, we make the things you love, better" (subjective placement of last comma, but the intent was that company added the special ingredient that made the things we already love, even better).

So I'm in the market for a Train, but have a few questions. 

I've heard they (it) should not be too long for turns, but what's too long? 

I purchased a simple rail car to test, but then realized once opened it had variations for different gauge.  On my always growing to-do list to test, but meanwhile perhaps others have some LL train knowledge to pass along on what to use for Bellisseria Train tracks, what works, what didn't.  Perhaps some tips for a novice who'd rather not buy a script and re-invent a perfectly good wheel that someone else already makes in an outstanding way.  Thanks!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Hi!  This looks like perhaps the right forum for a train question. 

I understand Moles build the streets not the cars, make the air not the plane, water not the boat, & build the tracks but not the trains.  kind of reminds me of an old commercial, something like " we don't make the things you love, we make the things you love, better" (subjective placement of last comma, but the intent was that company added the special ingredient that made the things we already love, even better).

I purchased a simple rail car to test, but then realized once opened it had variations for different gauge.  On my always growing to-do list to test, but meanwhile perhaps others have some LL train knowledge to pass along on what to use for Bellisseria Train tracks, what works, what didn't.  Perhaps some tips for a novice who'd rather not buy a script and re-invent a perfectly good wheel that someone else already makes in an outstanding way.  Thanks!

I am *not* an expert but a few weeks ago was in the place you are. So maybe this will kinda sorta point you in the right direction until someone more knowledgeable comes along.

I *think* any train designed for the SLRR anywhere around SL will work fine? I'm guessing the different gauges are cosmetic for wheels to look like they line up with the track rails? I've used a "handcar' that is "SLRR Standard 1.96m guage" made by Bibian (Brit Balogh?) and it seemed  to match the tracks in Belli just fine.  I think I also saw a gift locomotive given out in one of the two Belli groups not that long ago? Made by ZZ Bottom (foneco.zuzu)? If you're a member of the groups maybe check the notices there? I've seen that engine on the tracks a few times going past my camper site near the train station in The Beaten Path, and it's a cute little engine.

There are two places I know of to rez trains as of this datestamp:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pugwash/199/48/24  - This is a very long train route. Super fun. Will start you off in a northerly direction and take you on quite the tour through a variety of landscapes and neighborhoods.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Red Hook/94/138/32 - This is a shorter train route that starts out at the very bottom SE corner of southern Belli and takes you on a relatively short trip up through Victorian neighborhoods.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hello, yes zz and i have many free vehicles available in the main entrance of the bellisseria travelers club @ Ruthsburg/31/17/0 .Just go in the main entrance and touch the cabinet of mini vehicles next to the guest book , there is a bunch of freebie vehicles there compliments of the bellisseria travelers club &  bellisseria parade groups- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ruthsburg/26/5/23

Edited by Saphyre Cyberstar
neede to ad sl map address
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Fushichou Mfume said:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Red Hook/94/138/32 - This is a shorter train route that starts out at the very bottom SE corner of southern Belli and takes you on a relatively short trip up through Victorian neighborhoods.

In addition there *should* be a rezz zone in Myles where the track splits in two it has signs saying so but rezzing not allowed. From Red Hook you are likely to get flipped back in that direction at Banebury where the track splits, you need to stop and manually edit your train on to the straight track to continue on to the Trads and Campers and do the same at Campwich if you wish to go further

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Best trains in SL are from Bibian. I have many, this one was designed specifically for Bellisseria: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OeBB-626-Service-Train-SLRR/18268875

If you want a fully train proper, then it needs to all be linked, in that case there is only one I know of (and it's very good) from Atomic Infinity: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Infinity-Freight-Trains-v11/14080171

Both are GTFO-enabled.

One special thing of note: The Bibian can be switched into revers and go both directions. Otherwise most (if not all) SL trains, including these I point to, have a "Flip" function that will flip them to the opposite direction. They also do wonderfully of the Heterocera SL RR system (and the systems on other continents, but those are so short they may not be worth the time.) Also, the Bibian comes with a fun "tools" cart that is the second car of the set, but I Bellisseria this will not work unless you have someone sitting on it (which you can.)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I went looking around for some vehicles that you could use, for the Belli tracks and there is quite a variety, from fun to nostalgic to simple trains.  Here is a little list to check out.

Some of these are for 1-2 people and some can carry up to 8 people, depending on if you want to do a tour alone, with a friend or a bunch of friends.  There are different prices points I found and I kept to the smaller vehicles, since the large trains do seem to struggle on the Belli tracks, from what i have seen and experienced.  

**Oh nutz!  Now I'm looking at these and debating on which one I want to grab.  There goes the wallet again.  lol

Edited by Vega Firelyte
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

I was tempted by that rail moped, but I wish it were at least a 2-person vehicle instead of just a solo. 

I find that Bibian Handcart to be fairly nice for sightseeing and chatting while enjoying the scenery flowing by, but it is kinda pricey at 680L.

Haven’t tried any other models, but it’s fun to watch various engines and trolleys that come up the hill right by our camper in The Beaten Path.  I need to take the freebie made by @foneco Zuzu and @Saphyre Cyberstar out for a spin sometime soon!

Edited by Fushichou Mfume
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Saphyre Cyberstar said:

hello, yes zz and i have many free vehicles available in the main entrance of the bellisseria travelers club @ Ruthsburg/31/17/0 .Just go in the main entrance and touch the cabinet of mini vehicles next to the guest book , there is a bunch of freebie vehicles there compliments of the bellisseria travelers club &  bellisseria parade groups- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ruthsburg/26/5/23

Thank you Shapyre!! I''ve been there today, it's a great club by the way!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

AFAIK it's not a question of not working, but of how crazy it looks on the corners -- and the Bellisseria track layout has some absurdly tight corners. Even the Atoll's mainline SLRR is unrealistic in spots, but the Belli rails are really... well, I tried with an old locomotive, nothing exceptionally long, and frankly it looked ridiculous. On the plus side, I guess, if that one looks ridiculous, anything longer than a handcar will appear pretty implausible, so looking silly should be par for that course. Pick a cool locomotive and don't worry about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

AFAIK it's not a question of not working, but of how crazy it looks on the corners -- and the Bellisseria track layout has some absurdly tight corners. Even the Atoll's mainline SLRR is unrealistic in spots, but the Belli rails are really... well, I tried with an old locomotive, nothing exceptionally long, and frankly it looked ridiculous. On the plus side, I guess, if that one looks ridiculous, anything longer than a handcar will appear pretty implausible, so looking silly should be par for that course. Pick a cool locomotive and don't worry about it.

Also, don't forget that in Bellisseria trains pass on the right (you're at the left,) which is backward for world-wide railroads - I believe this is true even in U.K. - Trains always take the right track when on double-tracks except in specific circumstances. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I agree.  Mine looked like it was about to plow into campers, houses, forests, etc, on some of those turns.  That's the reason I went with things like trolleys, trams, the handcart, etc.  They won't look so out of place or show how those tight corners appear to dump you off the track, as badly.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Saphyre Cyberstar said:

A very important link!  Free Vehicles are always awesome, I hope everyone stops by and checks it out.  Thanks for the info and link!

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Vega Firelyte said:

I went looking around for some vehicles that you could use, for the Belli tracks and there is quite a variety, from fun to nostalgic to simple trains.  Here is a little list to check out.

Some of these are for 1-2 people and some can carry up to 8 people, depending on if you want to do a tour alone, with a friend or a bunch of friends.  There are different prices points I found and I kept to the smaller vehicles, since the large trains do seem to struggle on the Belli tracks, from what i have seen and experienced.  

**Oh nutz!  Now I'm looking at these and debating on which one I want to grab.  There goes the wallet again.  lol

Love these suggestions, and especially nice for folks to have different price points.  Yesterday I picked up the Handcar to test as it looks like fun!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Rail-Handcar-SLRR-v118c/9491836

Railcar.JPG

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Best trains in SL are from Bibian. I have many, this one was designed specifically for Bellisseria: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OeBB-626-Service-Train-SLRR/18268875

If you want a fully train proper, then it needs to all be linked, in that case there is only one I know of (and it's very good) from Atomic Infinity: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Infinity-Freight-Trains-v11/14080171

Both are GTFO-enabled.

One special thing of note: The Bibian can be switched into revers and go both directions. Otherwise most (if not all) SL trains, including these I point to, have a "Flip" function that will flip them to the opposite direction. They also do wonderfully of the Heterocera SL RR system (and the systems on other continents, but those are so short they may not be worth the time.) Also, the Bibian comes with a fun "tools" cart that is the second car of the set, but I Bellisseria this will not work unless you have someone sitting on it (which you can.)

Thanks for the tip about the Bibian!  The Service car does look like a fun must have.  I happened to see someone yesterday using the Freight Train and well, it's now in my inventory to try, rofl.  Thanks for the great info too!

Service Train.JPG

Infinity Freight Train.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Thanks for the tip about the Bibian!  The Service car does look like a fun must have.  I happened to see someone yesterday using the Freight Train and well, it's now in my inventory to try, rofl.  Thanks for the great info too!

Infinity Freight Train.JPG

Remember on the freight train to use the LOGS option, because too many trees need clearing out to make room for moar camperz!

Snapshot Campwich Forest-Protected Land-20190921_001

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 7

On 1/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, Vega Firelyte said:

My alt picked up a house right next to the train track, and I've been having fun using the Michie little freebie and want to buy a small, more open feel trolley type train.  Exploring Bellisseria by rail is a very different viewpoint!  Test rezzed the demo of the Bibian Service Train and it was cool, but the one I am really lusting after is the San Francisco Cable Car here https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SLRR-SF-Cable-Car/4929807 since I was born in the SF bay area IRL and this brings back so many memories.  Has anyone ever tried this cable car?

Another question: train etiquette, if you meet another train on the tracks head to head, do you just blow through them LOL or ....flip? and go to the next double set of tracks to pass?  This hasn't happened to me yet, but I would like to be prepared  :D  Also, I have been rezzing my trains in my yard and moving them to the track, does the SLRR system somehow track where all the trains are and am I messing anything up by not using an official train rez zone?  I read through the SLRR Wiki but still don't really understand how the programming of the system works.  Thanks for any insight this group has!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2020 at 10:58 PM, Kylie Sabra said:

My current Victorian has the rails aside, and would be cool to see the train there someday.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ingram/149/145/23

foto.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.