Bellisseria Choo-Choo Train Thread

Seba Serpente
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Seba Serpente said:

Spotted at SSPE185:

Snapshot_004.jpg

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_003.jpg

Snapshot_005.jpg

This looked familiar, so I looked through my archives, and the building appears to be a reproduction of the Spangle Railroad Station http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Spangle/137/230/31 built by Garden Mole. The original does not have camels, but I believe there is a dead parrot in the area somewhere. Could the Moles be planning a Railroad History exhibit?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

This looked familiar, so I looked through my archives, and the building appears to be a reproduction of the Spangle Railroad Station http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Spangle/137/230/31 built by Garden Mole. The original does not have camels, but I believe there is a dead parrot in the area somewhere. Could the Moles be planning a Railroad History exhibit?

Considering there is a nuke next to it, I will say is some form of joke.

I can try to decode it...

- Old SLRR station all broken up = remains of something once was important.

- Camels = deserted, abandoned, probably talking about how the SLRR is a bit forgotten (either by the public, or by the LDPW since they havent updated it in many years).

- Little lamb = little lamb

- Nuke = They want to nuke something. Either me, or just the SLRR (most likely).

*yeah i am joking, but is clearly not a serious build tho, likely temp.

Edited by Seba Serpente
  • Haha 3

• Moles
13 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

What did I just watch? And why do I feel like I need to know more? WHAT IS A POBBLE??

The Book of Nonsense by Edward Lear   (He was a sort of Victorian Dr Seuss -- nonsense poetry for children that adults enjoy too).

ETA:  Should have been Laughable Lyrics (another of his collections).

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given some comments in this thread yesterday, I was struck by a thought:  I remember looking at an article a few years ago that purported to be about refurbishing train cars into houses.  The article didn't deliver, but in SL people were so excited about the "tiny homes" models of campers at the SL16B demo area, it occurred to me that train cars might make a nice theme for tiny homes in SL for people who like smaller spaces.  I Googled "train house" images and spent some time oohing and ahhing.

Edited by LibGwen
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Seba Serpente said:

*yeah i am joking, but is clearly not a serious build tho, likely temp.

A way to amuse us about the big rectangle area, apparently. 

image.png.61a49080e2dbd10c8ec3d292c44f7189.png

Or maybe they'll put a carnival there after all and that is just the beginning of a 'Broken railroad' ride.   :D

53 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A way to amuse us about the big rectangle area, apparently. 

image.png.61a49080e2dbd10c8ec3d292c44f7189.png

Or maybe they'll put a carnival there after all and that is just the beginning of a 'Broken railroad' ride.   :D

Perhaps the train will loop inside that area. "There, done. A train."

Roller Coaster Tycoon SL edition

Edited by Seba Serpente
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, LibGwen said:

Given some comments in this thread yesterday, I was struck by a thought:  I remember looking at an article a few years ago that purported to be about refurbishing train cars into houses. 

Famed circus performers, Martini & Rossi, made their home in Caledon from their old train touring boxcar, which they put up on blocks.  Oh, and ignore the vagrrant scamp in the 3rd pic.  She stopped by all the time, sigh.

Martini house_001.png

Martini house_001.jpg

Martini house_002.jpg

• Like 4

sorry i dont really check the forums. @Seba Serpente im being left in the dark by LL about any SLRR related plans and issues. I made a ticket but Izzy Linden wont tell me anything. Both Patch and Squeaky been ignoring my IM's so i have no idea what is going on and i dont like being ignored and left in the dark when it comes to the SLRR.
Seeing the pics of SSPE185 does bring hope for a rail network in bellesaria. I did suggest a LRT like network like what Lionheart estates has on their continent.
Im going to log back into SL now and go take a look at SSPE, thnx seb huggies

1 hour ago, VenKellie said:

sorry i dont really check the forums. @Seba Serpente im being left in the dark by LL about any SLRR related plans and issues. I made a ticket but Izzy Linden wont tell me anything. Both Patch and Squeaky been ignoring my IM's so i have no idea what is going on and i dont like being ignored and left in the dark when it comes to the SLRR.
Seeing the pics of SSPE185 does bring hope for a rail network in bellesaria. I did suggest a LRT like network like what Lionheart estates has on their continent.
Im going to log back into SL now and go take a look at SSPE, thnx seb huggies

I'm confused. Why would LL and the moles be consulting you about their plans? Sincere question.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VenKellie said:

im being left in the dark by LL about any SLRR related plans and issues. I made a ticket but Izzy Linden wont tell me anything. Both Patch and Squeaky been ignoring my IM's so i have no idea what is going on and i dont like being ignored and left in the dark when it comes to the SLRR.

There may be a confusion in progress.  We shouldn't jump to the conclusion that just because the word "railroad" has been mentioned wrt new LH themes, the SLRR is involved.  The model followed by the SLRR is like that of the roads, the LDPW provides the tracks and signaling, and residents are free to run their own trains on the tracks.  At least that was the deal last time I checked, long ago now.

LHs are a more controlled environment than mainland.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if any rail provided by LL ran their own trains only.   I'm sure they can put together a reasonable train vehicle and route, if they like.  I remember the monorail way back when Zindra opened seemed to run pretty well.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if LL/Moles were in contact with the VRC (Virtual Rail Consortium).  I would think speaking to rail enthusiasts with hands-on SL experience might be helpful, particularly when laying out routes, speed changes, etc..  If you're going to bother to do it, may as well have routes that make sense.

Edited by Nika Talaj
spelling
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm confused. Why would LL and the moles be consulting you about their plans? Sincere question.

Maybe they’re a big RR fan? 

Bonus: what scale RR does Santa Claus use? HO!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The SLRR is a diferent kind of animal. Yes, is technically linden, but I beleive there is an user group somewhat taking care of it since the lindens (or moles) don't really touch it as much as the rail community would like.

7 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

The SLRR is a diferent kind of animal. Yes, is technically linden, but I beleive there is an user group somewhat taking care of it since the lindens (or moles) don't really touch it as much as the rail community would like.

yeah the aforementioned VCR...

2 hours ago, Seba Serpente said:

Ah, OK, so there's no real reason for LL and the moles to have to consult any of them, then. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.