Bellisseria Choo-Choo Train Thread

Seba Serpente
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd be interested to find out if there is a script or some way to convert a train that goes on the old SLRR in the Moth Continent for example to go on Bellissaria. I've been driving around the old SLRR in my Hellbound train. It's not the greatest but it cruise controls and more or less stays on the tracks if I keep guiding it whereas it won't in Belli.

Yes, there are a lot of nice trains to drive in Belli.

Anyone who thinks SLRR and VRC scripting won't work for trains in Bellissaria is just WRONG!

Because of the way the land is set up for the track, multi-vehicle trains don't work. A train had to be a single linkset, bending in the middle. There are some which do this.

What I have experienced suggests a reason why the Bellissaria signal system may be failing. The new region crossings are introducing scripting failures which may be linked to unpredictable events in region crossing. Some stages in the process may being completing in an unexpected sequence. (guesswork here). This can lead to trains vanishing in mid-section, and that will mess up the signalling.

This problem is happening everywhere, not just on rail. It may be happening more often at times when the concurrent logins are peaking. It's not the older style of bad region crossing where the avatar can be sitting in a region corner for a long time, or the vehicle jumps half-way across the region.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Squeaky Mole We seem to have a problem at Hawkesblood station. I have tried a few times to rez a train and travel west to the older part of Bellisseria. The signals are green but if you try to go the train flips and points to the newer area where the lights are flashing amber to indicate it's still being worked on. Travelling to the newer area is no problem despite the signals.

I tried another train which didn't flip, but it cut the drive and gave the following message in chat:

Infinity Freight Quarry Train v1.0: No track guide detected

As I started writing this an Infinity train arrived at the station from the newer area travelling West, to the older area. It looks as though the driver edit dragged in order to overcome  the lack of track guide and then continue their journey.

If you could have a look when you get the opportunity I, and I'm sure many other train drivers, would be very grateful :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
3 minutes ago, Sister Nova said:

@Squeaky Mole We seem to have a problem at Hawkesblood station. I have tried a few times to rez a train and travel west to the older part of Bellisseria. The signals are green but if you try to go the train flips and points to the newer area where the lights are flashing amber to indicate it's still being worked on. Travelling to the newer area is no problem despite the signals.

I tried another train which didn't flip, but it cut the drive and gave the following message in chat:

Infinity Freight Quarry Train v1.0: No track guide detected

As I started writing this an Infinity train arrived at the station from the newer area travelling West, to the older area. It looks as though the driver edit dragged in order to overcome  the lack of track guide and then continue their journey.

If you could have a look when you get the opportunity I, and I'm sure many other train drivers, would be very grateful :) 

Thank you for the report I will take a look as soon as possible. However Stilt home release has piority at the moment ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Squeaky Mole said:

Thank you for the report I will take a look as soon as possible. However Stilt home release has priority at the moment ^^

You know, if you have a monorail connecting the mainland of Belli with the stilt islands, you could work on both the stilt project and the train project simultaneously  😄

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Haha 5

• 4 months later...

The very long rail link across Eastern Bellisseria has become a little more usable. The switch just to the east of Hawkesblood is now operational and it is possible to get a rail vehicle to Randelsham Forest without any trickery, even a bit beyond. Signals and passing loops are still currently incomplete. There are no rez zones beyond Hawkesblood station on the line. Region crossings were good when I tried the run, but there doesn't seem much point in not having a rez zone sited for rail users in Randelsham Forest.

The Map Problem isn't helping with any exploration.

I can see why rez zones are rare around Bellisseria, but the regions such as Randelsham Forest aren't devoted to providing prim count to the Linden Homes. The only choices seems to be to use a water rez-zone (there are a couple I know of), board the rail vehicle, and edit it to the rail line.1787527901_94xxPannierTankatRandelshamForest_002.jpg.d4a917cd804a32d13f582a5f6335d62e.jpg

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, arabellajones said:

That could be excessive. It's not true of Heterocera.

The Heterocera main line has a rez zone at most stations. The Bellessaria signal system should be able to tolerate rez zones on sidings, but not in the middle of the main line. So, sidings.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2021 at 9:09 PM, animats said:

The Heterocera main line has a rez zone at most stations. The Bellessaria signal system should be able to tolerate rez zones on sidings, but not in the middle of the main line. So, sidings.

Stations, passing loops, they're places where a rez-zone makes sense, but not every one on the Heterocera main line has a rez-zone. Region crossing does seem to be getting better, more reliable, but is the recent improvement misleading, comparing that distant past to now?

Either way, no rez-zone for the railway in Rendlesham Forest just doesn't make sense. If you can't have a rez-zone there, the whole railway seems ridiculous. And all the Bellisseria regions seem to be set up with parcels fixed from the start.

I know, all you need is the right permissions for the parcel...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 year later...

OK!  Time for a train update!  A lot has happened since the last post.  I am not a train expert, so if I mis-state something, feel free to correct me.

I rode the rails through both the entire Log subcontinent and chalets.  These rides are very much like being a passenger on a long, scenic railroad trip real life!  With the exception that, because there is little or no signaling in these subcontinents, you might run into another train coming the other way.  Ah well, you will just have to negotiate a settlement :)

CHALETS: There is a single, long line of track in the chalets and I believe there are 5 rez zones. (Note that in Highland Fling there is a 6th, completed train station, including a parcel and markings for a rez zone, but build is not on).   There is absolutely NO signaling - evidently Squeaky succeeded in his effort to make train stations not require signaling!  There are sidings here and there, which may be purely decorative.  The tracks run from Hydrant to Lavon, and at both ends they end abruptly at nonexistent regions.  I don't know what the eventual plan is; but since Newbrooke has no tracks, I rather hope the (now nonexistent) northern coast of the Chalets may include a long rail run, to complete a Chalet loop.

This is a VERY pleasant ride, curving along the meandering coast of the river, with plentiful rail bridges and 2 tunnels under the central river. 

LOG HOMES: The log home rail route, starting for instance in Axminster, is a blessing if you are voyaging all the way through Belli, from Sansara to Satori.  Until/unless the logs' northern coast is finished, boating all the way around the Log Subcontinent is just plain tedious.  But the rail route is pretty quick; most of it is a straight east-west run.  And it is very very pretty; the run between Randelsham and Axminster is my favorite rail trip in Belli.  Note that it passes a water rez zone in Lake Haus. (There is also a water rez zone at the dock in Randelsham, tho since it has no texture on the water, it is easy to miss).

The one thing that this rail ride is missing is enough rez zones.  From Randelsham (which yes, now has a railroad rez zone at the station) all the way to the loop that ends the line up in pretty Bridal Path (note the pedestrian bridge there, it leads down to a large set of docks with water rez area), there are no rez zones.  There is an incomplete station in Marmiera, which if finished would help a lot.

I saw only one working switch in LogLand, in Falcon Haven, where the track splits to go west to the Victorian (west) side of the Log Home subcontinent.  If you are coming up from the south, you may find that the switch is set to send you west instead of east.  No worries, just go down the track a bit, stop your train, "flip" it (one button press on the Infinity Quarry Train menu), and go back.  You'll have to make sure that the switch is set to let you go straight east, using the red switch button is on the signal tower.

Note that there is another whole branch to this line, which splits off in Gully Wash and goes north, up the west coast of Big Bird Lake, all the way until it dead-ends up in Moose Tracks, at the missing north coast of the Logs. (There is a train rez zone in Moose Tracks, btw).  The track in Gully Wash currently is set to always send you east, if you are coming from the south.  I see no sign that they will be putting a switch there?  But there is a train rez zone right past the junction, in Moose Lodge.

Jon Ree's box of rez zone landmarks, generally available in Belli Citizens notices, has a notecard for train rez zones.

I did these trips using the Infinity Quarry 1$L train, going at 50% speed except on tight curves.  It performed very well,  tho you WILL see a little shimmy in the followon cars at sidings.  I only had to "re-rail" the train once, which again it does with a single menu button.  If you search marketplace for "Bellisseria Train" you can see some popular other options.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...

On the tracks through the chalets...  :)

I am looking forward to the neighbour themes, as all those tracks that go off into the void are hopefully going to link up in a few places.

Newbrooke got itself a new rail station being built so maybe it will go across to link up to the chalets.

rocket_002.png

Edited by Atomic Infinity
Newbrooke new station
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Atomic Infinity said:

On the tracks through the chalets...  :)

I am looking forward to the neighbour themes, as all those tracks that go off into the void are hopefully going to link up in a few places.

rocket_002.png

Hello again Fantasy Cypher Cracker! You might be interested in teleporting to Moose Tracks in the Log regions for a look. That place has the potential to connect Logs to Chalets via Sakura, and Newbrooke themes. And possibly others themes yet unknown.... 😜 

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...

I am sorry if bumping this causes chagrin, but since posts about new rezzable trolleys in Belli have hit two less-specific threads, I am quoting those posts here, because it is (so far as I know) the only thread devoted to the Belli SLRR system.

18 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Before the new year, some of us went on a train ride with the moles and mostly survived. There are now rezzers for the trolleys/trains at the stations. We were part of history! Only thing of note, if you really pack on the people, it gives up on chairs and just starts sticking you to the doorframes and such.

25 minutes ago, Betth Ashbourne said:

Here is the Gyazo that @Abnor Mole posted about the Trolley rezzer, in the group chat yesterday. 

Despite the route sign on the trolley in Abnor's Gyazo, I did not see a trolley rezzer yet in either Newbank or Muehlenbach.  However, I did find one at the new community center in Chippewa Junction.  These are not fixed trolley routes; once you are seated in the Trolley, you control it.  Touch the roof (not the ceiling!) to get a menu to start the engine, change speed, flip direction, etc..  It has sounds and lights, and is fun :) .  The script appears to be from a multi-car train, since it has a menu item for coupling.

Many thanks to those who post things in the forums that have been mentioned by Moles and Lindens in Belli Chat.

Even if it is only an elbow.

• Like 9

I've been running two free weekly trips around Belli in a customised version of that very same trolley for almost a year now (current timetable as of January 2023 attached, will be the same in February, not sure about March - check the BBB for an updated version). I've found it to be a pretty stable vehicle, with one or two problems, the biggest one being seating - it could definitely use some seatbelts to avoid Residents sitting in each others' laps. It also has trouble with a couple of corners in the newer log regions, most notably just after Gully Wash (heading southwest). But slowly slowly, we get there. :)

Red and Blue Timetable v4_1.png

Edited by CharleyMayne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/22/2020 at 3:26 PM, AlettaMondragon said:

To return to the Bellisseria train topic, I hope the SLGI ships will also be able to participate in Belli's automatic vehicle project (if there would be any in the future). They are big, green, and often fly over the roads at a height where they are even more noticeable than anything else. The deep green color also matches the vivid environment there. It would be a blast!

Unfortunately, land in Bellisseria does not allow objects entry, so, no vehicle can offer a guided tour there unless it is built by a Linden or a mole. I doubt they will do that soon. If it did, be sure I would consider sending a vehicle from Jeogeot every 6 hours on a regular schedule. Be sure, if land would allow, Yavanna would have considered it already. 

If the Lindens wish, I can provide them with SLGI technology and help them to build a scheduled train service. 

I like the Bellisseria railway (although I prefer the rails of Heterocera as they offer a huge land diversity). It would be nice if the Lindens would add a station and a train rezz zone in almost every sim... and if they would add some more features along the railway, like buildings, relays, info maps. The rail of Bellisseria, although long and spanning through many landscapes, is somehow boring because it lacks diversity. 

For a long while I asked myself if Bellisseria will be a success and how it will affect our world. Indeed, it was a success. Now the Lindens must continue to improve it. 

Talking about the SLGI vehicles, they are a group project which anyone can take part in. It is true that I end-up doing almost all the work, but it's not only me. If you want, you can provide your own vehicle and I will add it if it fits (full perm, max 20 prims, correct angles, dominant colour green and low-lag design). 

Well, let's keep an eye on Belli's infrastructure and enjoy it. Unlike all other premium places (like premium sandboxes, premium wildernesses and premium railway) this railway is opened for all of us, including non-Belli residents and non-premium. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 4:45 PM, Anaimfinity said:

Unfortunately, land in Bellisseria does not allow objects entry, so, no vehicle can offer a guided tour there unless it is built by a Linden or a mole.

I have actually said that back then to mock Prokofy. Sadly, the Bellisseria railroad has fallen into disrepair since, instead of building and improving it, they even ruined some parts that were already working before, so we're very far from automated vehicles there. Even our own rail vehicles can at best just stumble between guides without getting stuck now.

• Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.