Kitchens!!

Littlemouse Topaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I very seldom buy that brand because of the price. Only small items that feel more normally priced, like a rug.

It is a business decision, I suppose. Sell few items for a high price, not many for low.

It did feel like the equivalent of taking out a $200,000 mortgage ;) Had I seen one or two of the other kitchens shown here, I wouldn't have gone for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mayas shop has many really nice things. Does not cost much and have good LODs and low LI use. I have two different kitchen sets from there. Each only 50L$.
I recently bought also this table and chairs set for 50L$. The chairs have lots of animations and many different food props. Perfect!

Testing the set below in my houseboat with my friend. 😃 😋

2019-11-12_snacks.thumb.jpg.67b4a19999e3d4441f5033f89536a017.jpg

• Like 7

My preferred kitchens are from Dysfunctionally

Cozy Country Kitchen - 4Li - $245L

ReggaeInKitchen_004.jpg

Elegant Victorian Kitchen - 2Li - $195L

ReggaeInKitchen_003.jpg

I use the first in my traditional and the second in my houseboat.

No animations in either. That said if I ever decided that a XXX-scene logically made sense inside my kitchen sink, I know how to add the animations myself... 😮

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Mayas shop has many really nice things. Does not cost much and have good LODs and low LI use. I have two different kitchen sets from there. Each only 50L$.
I recently bought also this table and chairs set for 50L$. The chairs have lots of animations and many different food props. Perfect!

Testing the set below in my houseboat with my friend. 😃 😋

2019-11-12_snacks.thumb.jpg.67b4a19999e3d4441f5033f89536a017.jpg

Yes, I dig Maya. I think much of it has too high though and I am not wild about how some of it looks. That does not stop me from pulling out the animations. They are in the root prim. I have done that many times. I link the prim to the other kitchen, and move around either the prim until it fits, or edit the notecard inside (argh, that's a job!)

Same I do with her houses that has swimming pools. Link off the pool animations.

That set is lovely though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, I dig Maya. I think much of it has too high though and I am not wild about how some of it looks. That does not stop me from pulling out the animations. They are in the root prim. I have done that many times. I link the prim to the other kitchen, and move around either the prim until it fits, or edit the notecard inside (argh, that's a job!)

Same I do with her houses that has swimming pools. Link off the pool animations.

That set is lovely though.

The set was too high for me and my friend. As the legs were quite tall I just sank them into the floor so that only a small part is visible above the floor. I can reduce the general size of the set too if needed. The set was 9 LI. The chairs and the table had shadow prims, I removed all of them (3 in all) and now the set is 6 LI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is an IDEA Home Store kitchen, and the breakfast bar with pallet is also from them. They have more kitchens inworld than the MP shows. And a nice group gift next to the stairs. (Free to join) https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/135581/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=kitchen

WARNING: I modify everything I get my hands on. Look at it inworld. I added new countertops and replaced some things.

Picture has no editing, only resizing. Taken with shadows and projected light.

It is not a modul kitchen, the kitchen is in large parts, like the fridge unit is a part of the high cabinets, so you can't unlink the fridge. Or unlink the low cabinets in separate parts. And the same goes for the other cabinet units. It is 4 in total. You can unlink the tiles. But they look really good, so I kept them.

It is an affordable and very low LI kitchen if you don't need animations.

Idea kitchen_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
Typos
  • Like 13

14 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

FYI Hive's entire store is 50% off (vendors refund). They have a gorgeous modern farmhouse kitchen, among other things.

I tried to get the URL out of the marketplace bur at ...

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Honeycomb/71/213/31

they tell me I have no access to that destination!! Are they giving up theior store? Was that a closing sale and I missed it? 

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

they tell me I have no access to that destination!! Are they giving up theior store? Was that a closing sale and I missed it? 

No it's a new store/location, they probably just haven't had time to update everything. I'm at work and can't grab the new LM.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

As Clover said, the location is new.  I tried Search last night, but it didn't pop right up.  However, the Hive person was at the top of the search results so I pulled up that profile and the current inworld store link is there.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As Clover said, the location is new.  I tried Search last night, but it didn't pop right up.  However, the Hive person was at the top of the search results so I pulled up that profile and the current inworld store link is there.

That is what I did! Found it here ...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/hive/139/55/25

• Like 1

WoW, mine must be the smallest kitchen in Belli!!!!  I don't cook in RL at all (it's much safer for the planet), and I didn't feel like having a kitchen at home. But since I had that extra space in my Adams cottage, I went for a small set by Maya that I fell in love with (the heater is by What Next, it was a group gift I think)

cocina2019.png

Edited by Elena Core
Typo
  • Like 10

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2019 at 12:04 AM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The entire downstairs is not linked, just a good portion of it. I don't link animated items, for example. :) 

But here's a pic to show more; the TV and sofa are not part of the linked group. With a couple of small exceptions, the rest of it is. It's mostly a trial and error thing, really!

Snapshot_002.png

Sylvia - Can you tell me where that sofa's from? I've been looking for a good leather one in that shade.

3 minutes ago, Vana Gears said:

The Finley works very well in the Doyle main backroom that leads to the back porch. The window addition isn't too bad if you just put some plants on the shelf and pretend it's there to give it light to grow 😜 This kitchen is still in work.

The page that I end up at from your link is the latest Blueberry Give-away promo.

The Finley works very well in the Doyle main backroom that leads to the back porch. The window addition isn't too bad if you just put some plants on the shelf and pretend it's there to give it light to grow 😜 This kitchen is still in work.

Kitchen_001.png

Edited by Vana Gears
I tried...lol
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, Vana Gears said:

The Finley works very well in the Doyle main backroom that leads to the back porch. The window addition isn't too bad if you just put some plants on the shelf and pretend it's there to give it light to grow 😜 This kitchen is still in work.

Looks really nice, Vana!  Nice that the kitchen woodwork is so very close to the Mole woodwork.

• Like 1

I was glad to see this kitchen thread resurface, with the discussion about resizing too big kitchens to fit a smaller avatar that is not 7 feet tall.  Using your tips I was able to successfully downsize the LAQ kitchen in the back room of the Shelley Victorian, and after removing  backsplashes and some upper cabinets got the total LAQ kitchen wall and fridge count down to 28 prims.  Yay!

Shelley kitchen_002.png

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Vana Gears said:

Kitchen_001.png

Cute! It's one of my favorites. I've ripped it apart taking off the backsplash and window in some of my houses but wind up losing animations and I'm not so good at fixing that. Also, if you take off all the objects (which adds a lot of the prims) it leaves black "spots" where they were. I solved that, for instance, by placing a prim on top of each shelf and matching the texture. So where I didn't want all those object (like those 3 shelves on the right side with the frame/canisters/banana/books/etc) became 3 prims instead of like 12-15 prims. Then I'd fill the shelves w/my own objects but just not as many. Same for inside the cabinets. But again, at the cost of losing animations. I solved that by using the extra animation box that come with Hive's Farmhouse kitchen - dropped that in and positioned it. Still didn't have a sink one but at least it added some useful ones back.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.