Kitchens!!

Littlemouse Topaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Incidentally, for anyone who is on a budget and can't afford to buy a bunch of beautiful kitchens to play with,  we've found it quite fun to pull apart older fullperm kitchens and mix them up with a few newer things.  Here's one we did for our Adams cottage in Millers Falls (abandoned to get a Vic, still sad to see it go, but having spent a lot of time on the build, we never actually USED it).

1101629266_millerspond_007smaller.thumb.png.44ddcccfabd58c5a3e494d1c22d83edb.png

There were fewer small kitchens on the market back then.  So we started with the Soy compact sink.  Then we took some mesh cabinets from an old freebie full perm kitchen (Upcycled, now gone.  But there are others, for example XO, still on the marketplace).  We replaced the cabinet doors with duplicated ones off the Soy kitchen (so they all open, lol), to make it look like a real set.  The countertops were already a sorta compatible texture with the Soy, so we just tinted.  Grabbed a fridge we had ... Bazar?  I think we replaced an upper cabinet with a little set of shelves to break up the run.  The tile walls were adapted from an Interior addon, I'm not even sure the addon was for an Adams.  I'm not sure if the tile floor came with the addon, or if we fished through our textures for tiles, which we often do.  I see Maya, what next, Dutchie, and Second Spaces stuff around. the mismatched gatcha colors give it a lived-in cottage feel, I think.  The sign above the window is a small version of our Lazy C Ranch sign, back from when we had a spacious ranch in Azure Estate's desert lands.  We had a big party there when we were partnered WAY back when, which one or two of you may have attended *winks*!  Mari did the fireworks, remember?

The Soy set has lots of anims, the fridge had its own, and I think I grabbed an anim from Maya for the oven.  It felt like a kitchen set that was bought as a unit.

Tearing apart and re-assembling what we already had was work, but it was a lot of fun.

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Incidentally, for anyone who is on a budget and can't afford to buy a bunch of beautiful kitchens to play with,  we've found it quite fun to pull apart older fullperm kitchens and mix them up with a few newer things.  Here's one we did for our Adams cottage in Millers Falls (abandoned to get a Vic, still sad to see it go, but having spent a lot of time on the build, we never actually USED it).

1101629266_millerspond_007smaller.thumb.png.44ddcccfabd58c5a3e494d1c22d83edb.png

There were fewer small kitchens on the market back then.  So we started with the Soy compact sink.  Then we took some mesh cabinets from an old freebie full perm kitchen (Upcycled, now gone.  But there are others, for example XO, still on the marketplace).  We replaced the cabinet doors with duplicated ones off the Soy kitchen (so they all open, lol), to make it look like a real set.  The countertops were already a sorta compatible texture with the Soy, so we just tinted.  Grabbed a fridge we had ... Bazar?  I think we replaced an upper cabinet with a little set of shelves to break up the run.  The tile walls were adapted from an Interior addon, I'm not even sure the addon was for an Adams.  I'm not sure if the tile floor came with the addon, or if we fished through our textures for tiles, which we often do.  I see Maya, what next, Dutchie, and Second Spaces stuff around. the mismatched gatcha colors give it a lived-in cottage feel, I think.  The sign above the window is a small version of our Lazy C Ranch sign, back from when we had a spacious ranch in Azure Estate's desert lands.  We had a big party there when we were partnered WAY back when, which one or two of you may have attended *winks*!  Mari did the fireworks, remember?

The Soy set has lots of anims, the fridge had its own, and I think I grabbed an anim from Maya for the oven.  It felt like a kitchen set that was bought as a unit.

Tearing apart and re-assembling what we already had was work, but it was a lot of fun.

Yes - I currently have every XO kitchen, one or two Upcycled ones, and some Maya stuff rezzed on a sky platform, where I've been moving pieces & parts around to figure out which mash-ups I like best for the different homes.  

Pertaining to another thread, that is one of the big reasons why I still have some Mainland that is larger than 1024 -- so that I can rez all of that stuff at once and leave it out for days on end - I do not make decisions about that stuff very quickly.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6

I have finally found a kitchen that is modular and modern. I think it is the first. I am so tired of struggling with the Roost kitchen I use when I want a modern kitchen. (Edit: It is 3 versions included, I prefer with hardwood top)

Modern_Kitchen_Building_Set_V1_mp_7.jpg?

And it is only 199 L.

I am not 100% happy with the textures, they blur a bit. But there is a 599 L full permissions set, and you get maps and baked textures. So maybe I should have bought the full permissions kitchen.

Edit: I can see a crate is blurry too. So it isn't the kitchen, but my pc I assume.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AC-Modern-Kitchen-Building-Set-V1-CopyMod/9593159

The fridge is not included (same seller), and it is very big. But I edited it in place. I did not have to edit the cupboards and other parts.

It is NO animations, but I picked out the animation prims from Maya's Olivia kitchen and added it. The oven animations by the oven (of course) and the long counter by the sink. Since this is modules, I made the kitchen window wall to fit the animations, instead of fiddling and edit the animations.

Of course I mix and match... blackboard backsplash, shelves, lights under cupboards and kitchen hood is not from this set.

modern k_001.jpg

modern k_004.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5

This is a Victorian, Verne, the room with a door out to the terrace. This is a gacha kitchen, and it may be more expensive than you like when you play and play... but the seller trade no copy for copy and no transfer. All parts are modify, so I could fit it to the room. Not very modular, maybe it fits, maybe not.

I edited off the cabinets over the sink (very good to have copy then!) and made the glass less transparent so I don't have to fill every cupboard.

I like that the cabinets go all up to the roof. It feels oldfashioned.

[Schultz Bros.] Kitchen Set

No animations in this kitchen either.

trad k_008.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
wrong picture
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my kitchen from my Demo Verne for the Relay for Life house. Having just barely a week to work on it was very challenging! I tried to take some cues from my own real life home (the floor is similar to the cement encaustic tile we uncovered when doing demolition on our kitchen - sadly was in awful condition and couldn't be saved).  Ceiling mirrors one we have in our entryway. This came out much better than my real one LOL

bellisseria verne demo relay for life_011

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Here's my kitchen from my Demo Verne for the Relay for Life house. Having just barely a week to work on it was very challenging! I tried to take some cues from my own real life home (the floor is similar to the cement encaustic tile we uncovered when doing demolition on our kitchen - sadly was in awful condition and couldn't be saved).  Ceiling mirrors one we have in our entryway. This came out much better than my real one LOL

I love the cat on the table! Now that is a RL touch. 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Oh my, that's stunning!!! As usually, cats are on the table, which is always where they belong xD Great great design

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.