Kitchens!!

Littlemouse Topaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the Winchester house I am using the little front room facing the street as a kitchen and placed there the black kitchen furniture I bought at the closing sale from Pixel Mode. I linked it all except the chairs (barstooles from PixelMode) and it all has LI of 28 including lamp, fruitbowl, towel, rug, the clock and a cupboard filled with goods (second spaces - filled only 7Li)

I could save LI by eliminating the shadows haven't bothered yet to do so.

48195468576_82115e149a_c.jpg
Kitchen_Black by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 10

For the Continental I made another Kitchen in the back room. I used the Apple Fall Plantation Kitchen in Cream plus a 1Prim Fridge and made a floor with beige tiles (one Prim) - All you see is 36 Land Impact (not icluded the oillamp and the cake):

48195511467_7348b6fb7c_c.jpg
Kitchen_Beige by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Again I could save LI by eliminating the shadows haven't bothered yet to do so.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 14

15 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

I decided to splurge a little in my house, and use Maya's Eliza kitchen, which I had shrunk down.  I think it is 47 LI, not including the table, chairs, pantry or waste basket.  Originally I had prim possible, which was far friendlier on my parcel capacity.  I wanted something with a little more detail though.

Snapshot_1127.thumb.png.03efea7b795cc8d131b793f33047c170.png

This is the front room of the Winchester model home, the refrigerator is right where the side windows would be.  I decided to just cover them, from the outside it looks like the shades are down.   The waste basket is temporary, now that I see it in perspective it looks so huge 😲

I made my kitchen for my skybox, it is really basic.  I created it using prims, then exported it to mesh.  This kitchen is actually tiny, it was built for my petite fairy AV.

Snapshot_1128.thumb.png.4bb876993cc2b53f7279204043c70857.png

This one is only 14 LI, but that includes all of the accessories, 4 stools, the floor, and a wall.  It is very basic, and blocky, but trying to find a kitchen for a petite sized house is not easy.  I really wish I had a little more patience, and took the time to actually learn how to make mesh properly.

Really love what you did with that Winchester. ❤️ And I see you're using your own patented WillowTenage-blue as well. :) 

And great job on creating that mesh kitchen yourself. One day I'll grow a brain, and will learn how to do that too. 😁 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1

These are the two kitchens I'm currently using in my homes. 

This is the Adams house, and I'm using the modern farmhouse kitchen from Hive.kit1_001.thumb.png.d38dcd9c338182bb90fbcc2d96acb255.png

This is the Evening Star houseboat. Here I'm using the Trompe Loeil - Finley Kitchenette.

kit2_001.thumb.png.4b94b6a1252cfd5e560208c64f9e4475.png

• Like 26

Houseboat kitchen. I did remove the window, cups, and tile from the Finley kitchenette (breaking the animations in the process, I think, but I don't use them.) Everything linked except for chairs and fridge (animated) plus a couple of other small things, for total of 47 LI linked items plus 7 LI unlinked in that room.

Chicken in background not included, but he's a show off and likes to be in photos.

Snapshot_005.png

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Houseboat kitchen. I did remove the window, cups, and tile from the Finley kitchenette (breaking the animations in the process, I think, but I don't use them.)

Yeah, I decided to remove all the dishes as well and replaced the transparent glass texture with an opaque texture. That gave me back 5 LI. It didn't break my animations though.

648bff10ce0fc001c32b4d9af2152e20.jpg

• Like 15

8 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Really love what you did with that Winchester. ❤️ And I see you're using your own patented WillowTenage-blue as well. :) 

And great job on creating that mesh kitchen yourself. One day I'll grow a brain, and will learn how to do that too. 😁 

Thank you 😁  I don't know how to make mesh items, I just use a mesh generator.  It does all of the work for me, I just toss a script in my project and click on the generator.  I really do need to learn how to make mesh items though, there is so much more I could do.  I love having the option of the generator though, because it saves so much land impact, that kitchen was made with a bunch of boxes and it would probably cost over 50 if I did not convert it.  The only problem is, I am limited to the prims I can create in SL.  The mesh generator doesn't handle complex prims very well either, I've tried to make them but there were times that the mesh was actually higher land impact than the prims.

I really should devote an hour every day toward learning blender.  

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

Thank you 😁  I don't know how to make mesh items, I just use a mesh generator.  It does all of the work for me, I just toss a script in my project and click on the generator.  I really do need to learn how to make mesh items though, there is so much more I could do.  I love having the option of the generator though, because it saves so much land impact, that kitchen was made with a bunch of boxes and it would probably cost over 50 if I did not convert it.  The only problem is, I am limited to the prims I can create in SL.  The mesh generator doesn't handle complex prims very well either, I've tried to make them but there were times that the mesh was actually higher land impact than the prims.

I really should devote an hour every day toward learning blender.  

Your "I don't know how to make mesh items" is still 1,000x better than what I can do, LOL. But today, after I saw your work, I figured "Why not try it myself? How hard can it be!?" Eek! 😜 So, I exported a circle in SL to a .dae file, and brought it into Blender. Ca. 2 hours later I had learned how to add a subdivide filter, to make it smoother. It looked weird. Another hour later, I realized you need to 'remove duplicates' on faces first. Then, it was finally done! The perfectly smooth ring! (View 3). And not that much LI, either. Well, pretty low... not all that much, relatively... only 190 LI. 😋 Haha! At that point I remembered why I had decided, like a year ago or so, that I'm too blonde for mesh. :P 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

On 7/3/2019 at 2:52 PM, kiramanell said:

As for my Windlass kitchen, I think most have seen it by now. :) It's the Calla Kitchen (see below). It's actually a play-kitchen, for children, LOL. I have tried to replace it, endlessly, with something more grown-up, but I keep discarding those, as this one simply looks the cutest: 

toy.thumb.jpg.819557bcb43231a51ff333f697ba3235.jpg

;

Adorable....I have it in my favorites list - but have never bought it....it fits perfectly in that space.

• Like 3

On 7/3/2019 at 1:41 PM, Kotelle said:

My kitchen is very small but I don't need a bigger one. The main part is Industrial Kitchen from Chez Moi with 16 LI. Then a fridge (also Industrial, Chez Moi) 11 LI. A trashbin - Arizona Kitchen from Bazar, 1 LI (hidden in the right corner).

On the other side two chairs (2 LI each), a table  (1 LI), coffe cup (1LI), gacha food from dust bunny (1 LI), wall deco (5 LI), big plant in the corner (5 LI), country home console (1 LI), coffee machine (2 LI) and tea tins deco (1 LI)

Total 53 LI. I could have saved 10 LI by removing wall deco and big plant.

20190702_008.png

20190702_009.png

I love your table and chairs.  Where are they from?

I've been working on redoing my original kitchen. While it was low-prim to begin with, and I did like it I wanted to enlarge the usable space and lighten it up too. Plus, I'd been also changing the rest of the decor in the houseboat so one thing led to another.

I'm currently using a brand I'd never heard of before; Nice called Yvonne - a very contemporary look which I don't typically gravitate to. It has a lot of pieces but I've only utilized the sink island and lower cabinets and incorporated other pieces from Plaaka's Hillside Deli set which was a Gacha a while back. I had that in a lot of colors - I've used yellow pieces for this look with a stainless matching hood over the stove. I'm liking this mixture of crisp white boxy shapes with the retro feel of the Plaaka pieces. The only thing I dislike is the Nice set sometimes reads a bit gray depending on lighting. I'm struggling still finding the right ceiling lights to properly illuminate that niche area. 

All of the other pieces are from various creators such as Dust Bunny, David Heather, Ionic, Second Spaces, Mudhoney, Soy, Plaaka, What Next, Fancy Decor and Bueno.  

Oh and I made a prim Mexican tile backsplash behind the stove because I'm a messy cook :P

The prim count on the basics (counters/sink area/appliances) is only 19 prims which includes the range hood. Not bad. The stove and refrigerator both have animations in them (I think it was 6 each) but the counters do not have anything supplied which is a drawback to me. However, I own the Hive Farmhouse Kitchen which came with an extra animation pack for their island, so I'm going to add that to this one - can't see why it wouldn't work for this one too.

The longer I'm in this houseboat, the more I enjoy living in it (or my alt, anyway). Can't see ever giving this up. 

Bellisseria Updated Windlass Kitchen

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 11

On 7/4/2019 at 6:53 AM, Leora Jacobus said:

For the Continental I made another Kitchen in the back room. I used the Apple Fall Plantation Kitchen in Cream plus a 1Prim Fridge and made a floor with beige tiles (one Prim) - All you see is 36 Land Impact (not icluded the oillamp and the cake):

48195511467_7348b6fb7c_c.jpg
Kitchen_Beige by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Again I could save LI by eliminating the shadows haven't bothered yet to do so.

Although an older kitchen set - this has always been one of my favorites!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I've been working on redoing my original kitchen. While it was low-prim to begin with, and I did like it I wanted to enlarge the usable space and lighten it up too. Plus, I'd been also changing the rest of the decor in the houseboat so one thing led to another.

I'm currently using a brand I'd never heard of before; Nice called Yvonne - a very contemporary look which I don't typically gravitate to. It has a lot of pieces but I've only utilized the sink island and lower cabinets and incorporated other pieces from Plaaka's Hillside Deli set which was a Gacha a while back. I had that in a lot of colors - I've used yellow pieces for this look with a stainless matching hood over the stove. I'm liking this mixture of crisp white boxy shapes with the retro feel of the Plaaka pieces. The only thing I dislike is the Nice set sometimes reads a bit gray depending on lighting. I'm struggling still finding the right ceiling lights to properly illuminate that niche area. 

All of the other pieces are from various creators such as Dust Bunny, David Heather, Ionic, Second Spaces, Mudhoney, Soy, Plaaka, What Next, Fancy Decor and Bueno.  

Oh and I made a prim Mexican tile backsplash behind the stove because I'm a messy cook :P

The prim count on the basics (counters/sink area/appliances) is only 19 prims which includes the range hood. Not bad. The stove and refrigerator both have animations in them (I think it was 6 each) but the counters do not have anything supplied which is a drawback to me. However, I own the Hive Farmhouse Kitchen which came with an extra animation pack for their island, so I'm going to add that to this one - can't see why it wouldn't work for this one too.

The longer I'm in this houseboat, the more I enjoy living in it (or my alt, anyway). Can't see ever giving this up. 

Super cute - love the yellow appliances.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

*GULP* What an incredibly beautiful design! And the yellow accent fridge and stove, incredibly classy! ❤️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Although an older kitchen set - this has always been one of my favorites!

Good thing about being "older" is that it is in the discount area of the shop - real cheap! - I just bought it some weeks ago.

It comes with the table and a package of dining chairs. Only the stove (in 4 colours)  was an extra item to buy. - also discounted.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Alumna Cornell said:

This is Dutchie's PG Corner Kitchen - 30 LI. Several different color options, all the 'bits' are linked, except for the clock, which is included. Used in the Winchester.  Lots of animations. (The table and chairs and food are also from Dutchie.) I put together the tiled splashback myself.

kitchenDutchie_002.png

Do you have many good animations in the chair/table? It rezzes and attaches food, cutlery, laptop and other props?

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Do you have many good animations in the chair/table? It rezzes and attaches food, cutlery, laptop and other props?

Yes! For 1, 2, 3/4 avatars - everything rezzes when you sit and select an option. (I was intending to attach a different photo, and can't seem to delete these :( , but here's a link that should take you directly to the kitchen set up at the store: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dutchie furniture/207/127/23 ) 

image.png

table1.JPG

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I very seldom buy that brand because of the price. Only small items that feel more normally priced, like a rug.

It is a business decision, I suppose. Sell few items for a high price, not many for low.

Yes Mayas Shop seems to have made the opposite decision. They only charge 50 L$ for nearly everything including whole houses fully furnished. I bought about 15 of their houses and take them apart in a sandbox. I do not like every piece of furniture but a lot I can use and heaps of tidbits .... and they have very nice animations AND not to high Li AND not bad LOD.

I spent about 1400 L$ there for more furniture than I can unpack durinmg the next weeks! *lol*

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.